Gca Player Movements 2011/2012

More news on the front of the GCA. Wow controversy runs rife within the GCA. Well even I can't believe this has happened but it has. It seems as though a very important GCA committee member may find himself in hot water at the next committee meeting after events proceeding in the last 2 weeks of GCA finals. While attending a finals fixture between his home club and a rival club, this member's home club had just passed the runs required to win the final. But the rival club had been informed by the central umpire they could continue to keep playing if they believed they could inflict an outright victory on their oppenents handing them the win. The rival club accepted these terms and continued playing. Having passed the required runs to win the match on first innings the club and this 'very important' committee member starting walking onto the ground in celebration, not realising and unaware the rival club had inforced the rule to continue on. The captain of the winning club and it also seems this 'very important' member of the committee, unhappy and unimpressed with the rival club continuing play as they believed the match was over was seen and heard by a number of witnesses hanging over the fence of the ground shouting malicously to the opposition players whom were fielding and I quote "Hey stop embarassing yourselves, you and you're club are a disgrace!" The players from the rival club were in shock and disbelief at two people who are supposed leaders of there club who should not only be setting the example for their club and one 'very important' person who should be setting the example for the association, acting in a very disgraceful, disrespectful and 'arrogant' manner after there club's victory. If committee persons can proceed with this sort of behaviour towards opposition clubs, what faith should any player or club for that matter have in the GCA committee? None on the back of this. Surely I'm not the only person who thinks this is a massive conflict of interest and a quagmire I would like to see this committee member weasel out of? This I am sure will be brought up at the next GCA meeting where I would hope an official complaint is made upon this person's position in the committee, intergrity towards the association and interests for his club are questioned and seriously reviewed.....

lets b honest looking at the score they werent going to outright the win i heard half of the leopold players wanted to pull up stumps after east passed the score.

Back