Gca Player Movements 2011/2012

News on the front of the GCA committee. There is still calls next season to see a replacement of the president of the GCA or movement of the association headquarters. This comes on the back of talks of a 'no confidence' in the committee as again the president of the committee plays for the club which are the headquarters, which could be seen as that club having an advantage not from a playing aspect but more from an administrative view. It is presumed the problem would be resolved and the current president Grant Dew to stay on if a 'neutral' location for the association headquarters is found and agreed upon.

Calls by who? On the back of talks by who? Names thanks.

I think Ghost Writer is winding us up:)

If anyone thinks I'm going to sink any club or anyone associated with what I've reported I hate to inform I won't. Clubs and people are anonymous for a reason. I realise by saying this it contradicts what I reported about earlier.

So tips for the weekend...

GCA1
North Geelong vs. Highton 311
Geelong West 0-54 vs.Manifold 145
East Belmont vs. Newtown 262
Leopold 0-4 vs. St Josephs 174
Grovedale 324 vs. Lara
South Barwon vs. Bell Post 246

GCA2

Guild 259 vs. Bell Park
Murgheboluc 128 vs. St Peters 4-26
Waurn Ponds 2-41 vs. AT 143
Newcomb vs. Thomson 301
St Albans 137 vs. Torquay 2-39
Geelong City 141 vs. Marshall 4-27

Where does the club championship sit at this stage in the season? I'm tipping Manifold will be going down and probably either city or st albans up. Apparently Bell park has already been confirmed as being demoted to div 3

Where does the club championship sit at this stage in the season? I'm tipping Manifold will be going down and probably either city or st albans up. Apparently Bell park has already been confirmed as being demoted to div 3

AFTER RD.8

DIV.1

Grovedale 63
East 53.5
South 53
Joeys 53
West 49
N&C 44
North 42.5
Leopold 34.5
Lara 26.5
BPH 25.5
Highton 24
MH 13

DIV. 2

St Albans 58.5
Murgh 56.5
St P 53
City 50.4
Thom 49
Marsh 36
Torq 35.5
W.Ponds 35
AT 32
N&D 25.5
Guild 19
BP 17

Where does the club championship sit at this stage in the season? I'm tipping Manifold will be going down and probably either City or St Albans up. Apparently Bell Park has already been confirmed as being demoted to div 3

The assessment order isn't worked out until after the season's end, so there's no way Bell Park could be "confirmed" already, even if they'd asked the GCA to be demoted (which I doubt). But they and Manifold respectively would be odds-on, you'd think. Good effort from Highton to seemingly stay out of trouble relegation-wise, seeing everyone had them pencilled in for one season only in GCA1. Not sure out of City and St Albans to go up to GCA1, probably City just favourites at the moment, on the back of a 15-point margin in last season's GCA2 club championship (assuming they both poll equally in the off-field assessment areas).

It will be interesting to see who comes up from GCA3. If a non-turf club, I'm guessing that club would pretty much have to guarantee all home games to be on turf to be accepted, which would mean College/Grammar or Sundays (or a combination thereof). I'd say the GCA probably are hanging out for a stronger GCA3 club like Modewarre to put turf in (not aware of any others with turf plans).

SBorW - I presume you have calculated your own CC points? We have something similar, but not identical. Not much guidance so far from the GCA as to how it's all going. Don't even know how they intend to weight GCA2 4ths, seeing there's 19 rounds, not that that'll make much difference. Presumably 0.5 for each win.

In the good ol' days of this forum, this was the cue for crktluva to vent about the GCA.......:p

The GCA should make the club championship a more highly promoted comp it is after all the best indication of a clubs depth. And I believe the bell park demotion is due to them not being able to field a 4ths side

Finals are starting to take shape with City St Albans Thomson Waurn Ponds and Murge pretty much locked in there is still 3 or 4 teams contending for 6th. Should be interesting to see how it finishes up looking like a repeat of the City vs St albans grand final?

The assessment order isn't worked out until after the season's end, so there's no way Bell Park could be "confirmed" already, even if they'd asked the GCA to be demoted (which I doubt). But they and Manifold respectively would be odds-on, you'd think. Good effort from Highton to seemingly stay out of trouble relegation-wise, seeing everyone had them pencilled in for one season only in GCA1. Not sure out of City and St Albans to go up to GCA1, probably City just favourites at the moment, on the back of a 15-point margin in last season's GCA2 club championship (assuming they both poll equally in the off-field assessment areas).

It will be interesting to see who comes up from GCA3. If a non-turf club, I'm guessing that club would pretty much have to guarantee all home games to be on turf to be accepted, which would mean College/Grammar or Sundays (or a combination thereof). I'd say the GCA probably are hanging out for a stronger GCA3 club like Modewarre to put turf in (not aware of any others with turf plans).

SBorW - I presume you have calculated your own CC points? We have something similar, but not identical. Not much guidance so far from the GCA as to how it's all going. Don't even know how they intend to weight GCA2 4ths, seeing there's 19 rounds, not that that'll make much difference. Presumably 0.5 for each win.

In the good ol' days of this forum, this was the cue for crktluva to vent about the GCA.......:p

Modewarre will be replacing the pitch out the back with turf as soon as the season is finished so if there was a side to move up next year it definately will be them..

Why are Grovedale playing two overseas players in their Firsts despite it being against the rules?
I believe Young is playing as a non-import. Not sure how but he has obviously been passed as his primary reason for being here would have to be work or girlfriend.

As for Grovedale playing two imports in there First XI, Young is the import and I assume the other one you're talking about is Rominov? As far as I understand Rominov is a becoming a naturalised Australian as he's married an Australian girl so that would cancel him out as an import, see if that helps answer your question...

Can anyone tell me what the finished club Championships standing are?
My Tips for G/Finals are
South Barwon vrs Geel West (Winner Geelong West)
City vrs StAlbans (winner Geelong City)
Lethbridge vrs Merideth (winner Lethbridge)

Modewarre will be replacing the pitch out the back with turf as soon as the season is finished so if there was a side to move up next year it definately will be them..

Looks like rolled mud cricket is on in 3rd Div thanks to the mighty "Burra's" rolling the Mudda lads in the QF... Meredith in sights now!!

AFTER RD.8

DIV.1

Grovedale 63
East 53.5
South 53
Joeys 53
West 49
N&C 44
North 42.5
Leopold 34.5
Lara 26.5
BPH 25.5
Highton 24
MH 13

DIV. 2

St Albans 58.5
Murgh 56.5
St P 53
City 50.4
Thom 49
Marsh 36
Torq 35.5
W.Ponds 35
AT 32
N&D 25.5
Guild 19
BP 17

Have you got the final totals of the Club Championship points for Division 1

Thanks

inverleigh are a terrible side..probably the worst side ever to win a final...Modda were in great form but they had to have a bad one some time

Sounds like sour grapes to me, Good sides win the important games, Modda will need to get the Cheuqe Book out again to be competitive if they are to go up a Division, maybe Ferguson & Caulfield might go back for another pay day again!!!!

Sounds like sour grapes to me, Good sides win the important games, Modda will need to get the Cheuqe Book out again to be competitive if they are to go up a Division, maybe Ferguson & Caulfield might go back for another pay day again!!!!

Agreed Binny... Burras knocked off Mudda 2nds today looking a cert for rolled mud in Div 3 next season, as for Inverleigh being a terrible side perhaps that's the case, but on the day winners are grinners good, bad or "ugly", just ask Andre Aggasi.

I'd say Geelong West and Grovedale will be 1 & 2 at this stage followed by East Belmont and St Joseph's the winner will almost certainly come from that four.

Geelong City, Thomson and Newcomb & District as a smokey from Torquay and maybe Marshall to rise up the ladder.

Lethbridge and Corio from Teesdale. Lethbridge will be hard to beat again.

Good early call Wazim re Lethbridge, looks a lock now!!

If you had 4 combined sides with the best players from GCA 1,2 & 3 plus BPCA GCA3 would come a distant last. At least BPCA clubs have 4 sides GCA3 clubs are lucky to field 2 including yours. To me that's a comp in strife, won't be around much longer IMO

As for Little River getting turf, well hard to see why a council would grant the money. Hardly a growth area, does anyone actually live there?

Anyhow has anyone got any updates on how the fixture will look, will East Belmont get to play Highton twice like they did with Thomson last year?:rolleyes:

Facts Wazim - With respect... Not "All" BPCA clubs have 4 sides some don't even field a 1st side!!

Back