G'day

JM71

Hey Guys, I am JM71 and have been a long time poster on BigFooty.

I thought I should finally enter the BigCricket scene.

I am a long-time cricket tragic, and have a blog at www.anythingcricket.com, I am also about to start umpiring at a local level.

I am a Tigers and Hurricanes fan and have had the privilege of working for hot spot at Hobart Fixtures over the last few years!

Welcome JM71!

Working on hot spot, that's awesome. :) What was your role?

It is very awesome. I sit on the boundary and point the side-on camera at the striker at Tests/ODIs at Blundstone Arena. The main task is to point it at the other end of pitch at the end of the over, this requires concentration which is not an issue as I am fascinated with cricket anyway. As a Uni student, it is a great way to watch the cricket and get paid at the same time.

I was also fortunate enough to pick up some work setting up/operating the speed radar at BBL/Ryobi Cup fixtures for Fox last year working for the same company.

It is very awesome. I sit on the boundary and point the side-on camera at the striker at Tests/ODIs at Blundstone Arena. The main task is to point it at the other end of pitch at the end of the over, this requires concentration which is not an issue as I am fascinated with cricket anyway. As a Uni student, it is a great way to watch the cricket and get paid at the same time.

I was also fortunate enough to pick up some work setting up/operating the speed radar at BBL/Ryobi Cup fixtures for Fox last year working for the same company.

Not a bad way to spend the day hehe. I'd love that job as well.

Welcome, JM! Nice to see someone here from the Apple Isle! Our paths may have even crossed during your work -- I did a stint with Channel 9 during England's last Ashes tour, and I work the tour game in Hobart. I was up in the box, though, so didn't see many techies outside of meals.

Back