Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

bats'n'balls;269958 said:
If the Pitch was that bad, how come the umpire gave it a tick in the excellent box. Must of been an ok deck considering it rained all day friday.
Sorry my bad ,tell me is it normal to get 9 LBW decisions in one game?

bats'n'balls;269958 said:
If the Pitch was that bad, how come the umpire gave it a tick in the excellent box. Must of been an ok deck considering it rained all day friday.

looks as tho the winch bloke is whinging to much, musta been part of the notorious 4 wickets in 5 balls incident.

how waz the standard umpiring ova weeknds games?

Under the counter;270807 said:
ok I will talk very slowly for you..

A n y u n d e r t h e c o u n t e r d e a l s b e i n g d o n e ? ? ? ? ?

try a triple space next time, take ya story walkin :eek: u any relation 2the gr8 sharkbite?
ps: ur not talkin slowly ur typing u rhino

Under the counter;270822 said:
Yer know worrys shit head go eat anther big mac clown...:D

Think I just caught a big 1 what a goose.....

Is you coming on here asking people if anyones getting paid "Under the counter" meant to amuse us because of the link to your name:confused:

Hit the round back to the DVCA thread where everyone also thinks your a tool:rolleyes:

a for effort;270801 said:
Check this mans post history for a good laugh

Dam- I was genuinely hoping for some "Knowa" style humour...
Not another misfit trying to find a home for some attention. And maybe a cure to his severe stuttering ailment.

Anyone watchin the cricket? Hope i get a few - Haydos style decisions on the weekend.

whatdoumeanwashe;269972 said:
Sorry my bad ,tell me is it normal to get 9 LBW decisions in one game?

you're gonna blame the deck? you guys got 5 of them or something don't forget.
and the one's we got is cause our opener was just too quick for you blokes

Second XI At Best;270836 said:
Not another misfit trying to find a home for some attention. And maybe a cure to his severe stuttering ailment.

Anyone watchin the cricket? Hope i get a few - Haydos style decisions on the weekend.

That was a joke missed it by 10cms, dead set Barry Crocker.

Badger;269983 said:

WHO?:confused:

Second XI At Best;270836 said:

You have got to love cricinfo.com to get you through the long days in the office ;)

Badger;269983 said:

bly me... ive herd it all now! :D
who is this mysterious demon? :confused:

Boys jump across to the current series thread on the aussie vs india series thread and post your thoughts. THe more action over the whole site the more chance geelong gets its subforum ;)

thommy_rissole;270842 said:
You have got to love cricinfo.com to get you through the long days in the office ;)

Going to be one long summer of the little scoreboard up in the corner of the screen!!

Whats the go with Div3 not having 4ths? what happens if your club could fill 4 or more sides? do they just play in the 5ths 6ths and 7ths GCA1 comp?

I didn't see a B.Smiljanic in the Thomson scores? Trouble in paradise for TCC by the looks, rolled for 90 and no sign of Smiljanic.

Pencil in Bourke from Torquay for GCA2 player of the year, he will break records this season in Div2.

beckodelay;269977 said:
surly sum of them musta been suspect?

I think they might have been; anything is possible when Billy Uren is standing in the game. However, the deck kept very low as would have been the case in many games around the comp on Sat. Manifold were cruising before the Saints pulled them back and then the Sharks did well to defend 160. St Peters had three regulars out but that's not an excuse, Mano played well to win.

beckodelay;270663 said:
gewd insight there ipl. but by the sounds of it he wil b easy pickins 4 the good bats afta xmas when the wikets r sponsord by Vic Roads!

well we'd better hope that vicroads dont get the sponsorship this yr and jims mowing does and they leave a few little tufts of grass there for me. and lil antsy? not sure if thats right but hey if u no me so well ill take ur word for it.
north ones this week
s.hall, d.tielens, c.millard, a.clark, a.armistead, b.szponar, l.szponar, r.aylmer, b.scown, j.hall, d.mcglinchey.

kurts playen in the 2s this week and shane lymers hurt his back so he might be out for a few weeks

Well round one complete, :) we are away, some had good starts :) , others not so :mad:. At least we all know where we are at and what needs to be done.

I've just spent the last couple of hours reading through this forum. some good comments but a bit of crap as well. When you guys are talking about cricket and posing questions or issues it's great reading, when you personally start to slander each other it's crap. It's only a small group that does this but overall interesting. Fairly obvious that the main contruibuters are from several clubs, but hopefully we will get a more broad spectrum of views and opinions from a good cross section of Geelong Cricket. I'll be reading and contributing to different threads, opinions and views as the season progresses.

Good luck to St.Albans CC over the next few years with the installation of the turf wicket . Anything to make our greater area of Geelong the strongest cricket district in the state. And NO I'm not affilliated with them.

ants14;270930 said:
well we'd better hope that vicroads dont get the sponsorship this yr and jims mowing does and they leave a few little tufts of grass there for me. and lil antsy? not sure if thats right but hey if u no me so well ill take ur word for it.
north ones this week
s.hall, d.tielens, c.millard, a.clark, a.armistead, b.szponar, l.szponar, r.aylmer, b.scown, j.hall, d.mcglinchey.

kurts playen in the 2s this week and shane lymers hurt his back so he might be out for a few weeks

LOL woodnt jims mowing remove the grass tho? mayb turfcare is u rbetta option there antsy ;) lymers a loss innit he, whats the spread on sammy hall this week? :p

wrong 'un;269998 said:
Whats the go with Div3 not having 4ths? what happens if your club could fill 4 or more sides? do they just play in the 5ths 6ths and 7ths GCA1 comp?

Same as Div 2 last year. Any club with a fourth side just had them playing in 5ths or 6ths.

wrong 'un;270001 said:
I didn't see a B.Smiljanic in the Thomson scores? Trouble in paradise for TCC by the looks, rolled for 90 and no sign of Smiljanic.

Pencil in Bourke from Torquay for GCA2 player of the year, he will break records this season in Div2.

From all reports, Torquay didn't clear him straight away because they were scheduled to play Thomson Round 1. Rissole, truth to this?

beckodelay;270932 said:
LOL woodnt jims mowing remove the grass tho? mayb turfcare is u rbetta option there antsy ;) lymers a loss innit he, whats the spread on sammy hall this week? :p

yeh couldnt think of anything else so thought jims mowing would do. yeh he was guna bat 4 all year, but its a chance for someone else to stand up and bat 4. sam will be fine this week. he got a good one off ando. ask ando he'll tell ya bout it

wrong 'un;270001 said:

u didnt see his name because torquay didnt clear him until we played them the first round!! so no trouble in paradise!!!:D

Renny24;270010 said:
From all reports, Torquay didn't clear him straight away because they were scheduled to play Thomson Round 1. Rissole, truth to this?

That would make sense, smart by them i guess you could say. Got a win against a possible top 2 or 3 side, which may be worth it's weight in gold by the end of the season.

So I'm assuming Smiljanic will be out for the Tigers next round then Rissole?

THANKS DAZZA THAT ANSWERED MY QUESTION!!!:)

wrong 'un;270001 said:

i had bourke 1st ball, umpire said he hit it!! the umpire should of noticed he didnt when bourke was limping for the single and laughing!!! :eek:

whatdoumeanwashe;270965 said:
WOW great indepth round preview by the addy this week, NOT!!!!!!!!

I cant beleive the Geelong Addy, its killing local sport. Where are the Decent write ups on Cricket, Hockey, Basketball, Tennis. there arent any but if any of the GFC Players blow there nose there is a 10 page spread with images and documented stories from witness'. In 6 hours of cricket it wouldnt be hard to get to 80% of the Games (3 Reporters/Photographers) stay for a little look at the books and talk to some players and get a decent outlook on each game and then report on it with images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back