Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Badger;269983 said:
you're gonna blame the deck? you guys got 5 of them or something don't forget.
and the one's we got is cause our opener was just too quick for you blokes
Not blaming the deck for the loss just dont think it was a good deck BADGE it cost both sides a few wickets, we were 30-40 runs short and a bowler short. If anything it was our inexperience on turf that cost us, we bowled too full or too short its as simple as that really:D

wrong 'un;270001 said:
I didn't see a B.Smiljanic in the Thomson scores? Trouble in paradise for TCC by the looks, rolled for 90 and no sign of Smiljanic.
Pencil in Bourke from Torquay for GCA2 player of the year, he will break records this season in Div2.

If all goes to plan we will have smelly playing this week, obviously clearance pending.
We struggled with the bat but hopefully the cobwebs are out and we can bounce back next week.

Slater will be a key player for torquay this season, bowled some great balls on sunday.
Got hit for 8 in his first over but from then bowled superlines and was hard to score against, bit flashy with the bat but got the job done with a 40odd.
Bourke was a bit rusty early but got himself to 40odd also, got a good ball from Riches that come back off the seam. Seems like a good bloke aswell :)

Thanks to all concerned at North Geelong CC for letting both teams use your ground/facilities, wicket was good for early October and outfield was excellent, wish i was a NGCC batsman there this season, every second hit will be on the lightning outfields at Osborne Park, happy days!

Renny24;270973 said:
Hey Rissole, just a question: When was Thomson's last 1st XI flag?

Sorry to but in, but I'm pretty sure they won GCA div1 1stXI in '94/'95? that was back to back not sure if it was the year after in div2 or the year before.

wrong 'un;270013 said:
That would make sense, smart by them i guess you could say. Got a win against a possible top 2 or 3 side, which may be worth it's weight in gold by the end of the season.

So I'm assuming Smiljanic will be out for the Tigers next round then Rissole?

THANKS DAZZA THAT ANSWERED MY QUESTION!!!:)

Not very often you see a player move from a team with a mascot the same as the one he is going to in the same comp! ie. Tigers to the Tigers. Maybe if a player was cleared from Colac to Grovedale in the GFL or vice-versa? Manifold to City, GSM to Leopold?

dazza_whats_the_score;270014 said:
i had bourke 1st ball, umpire said he hit it!! the umpire should of noticed he didnt when bourke was limping for the single and laughing!!! :eek:

check the scorebook, not out til the umpire puts his finger up :eek:

ants14;270940 said:
yeh couldnt think of anything else so thought jims mowing would do. yeh he was guna bat 4 all year, but its a chance for someone else to stand up and bat 4. sam will be fine this week. he got a good one off ando. ask ando he'll tell ya bout it
cmon ANDOOOOOO tell us abt it! :cool:

Renny24;270022 said:
Not very often you see a player move from a team with a mascot the same as the one he is going to in the same comp! ie. Tigers to the Tigers. Maybe if a player was cleared from Colac to Grovedale in the GFL or vice-versa? Manifold to City, GSM to Leopold?

this wood've to b the worst post in here so far :D

wrong 'un;270001 said:
I didn't see a B.Smiljanic in the Thomson scores? Trouble in paradise for TCC by the looks, rolled for 90 and no sign of Smiljanic.

Pencil in Bourke from Torquay for GCA2 player of the year, he will break records this season in Div2.

last time he was here he only had1good knock, alot better players in divvy 2 then him although good start for him and the boys down the surfcoast, thomson out for 90, not gewd @ all.

Dinosaur_Maroon&Blue;270970 said:
I cant beleive the Geelong Addy, its killing local sport. Where are the Decent write ups on Cricket, Hockey, Basketball, Tennis. there arent any but if any of the GFC Players blow there nose there is a 10 page spread with images and documented stories from witness'. In 6 hours of cricket it wouldnt be hard to get to 80% of the Games (3 Reporters/Photographers) stay for a little look at the books and talk to some players and get a decent outlook on each game and then report on it with images.

youd rekon woodnt ya?! f*ckin appaling effort on bhalf of the Addy, its honestly nt that hard to call sum players durin the week to get their insight or go to the ground on a sat and speak to em, i know the babb article wasnt gr8ly written but at least they had a crack, wel done Gnews.
Addy lift ya game, mayb sum clubs shood name sum footy playa's in their 1st 11's to get sum press coverage :D

thommy_rissole;270019 said:
Thanks to all concerned at North Geelong CC for letting both teams use your ground/facilities, wicket was good for early October and outfield was excellent, wish i was a NGCC batsman there this season, every second hit will be on the lightning outfields at Osborne Park, happy days!

north geelong rissole doesnt have the same buzz about it althou it aint 2 l8 4 a clearance :cool:

beckodelay;270987 said:
youd rekon woodnt ya?! f*ckin appaling effort on bhalf of the Addy, its honestly nt that hard to call sum players durin the week to get their insight or go to the ground on a sat and speak to em, i know the babb article wasnt gr8ly written but at least they had a crack, wel done Gnews.
Addy lift ya game, mayb sum clubs shood name sum footy playa's in their 1st 11's to get sum press coverage :D

Travis Boak named to play for Torquay 1sts tomorrow.

See N&DCC fell short against BPH. Very young side at Newcomb, but remember that 4/6 senior players have been involved in finals series last few seasons. Time for them to step upto the plate and pull there finger out. Anderson, Koliba, Spud Harrison, K. Ford, Clark & C. Ford must do and produce more and support young kids.

BPH look good, a few new players but evergreen Stacey, Brilliant in the middle of his spell of 10 overs straight 4 wickets and a runout. Young Moreland looked sharp and Faulkhead slotted in nicely.

For the Dino's Koliba got out when he should have taken command. Job not done easy out. Lesson; Bat THE BLOODY OVERS, out with three to go!!!!!! :mad:

Big day for the FROGS! WOOO!!!!

THE JET IS JUST FIRING UP THE ENGINES. PREPARE FOR TAKE OFF!!!!

THE ONLY THING THAT NEEDS A TAXI IS THE BLOKE FETCHING THE BALL AS I CLEAR MID ON BOUNDARIES!!!

WOOOO GO FROGS

beckodelay;270987 said:

complaints to the Addy at sport@geelongadvertiser.com.au:mad:

Koliba hasnt done much since his return to GCA.
Does he train at dino's? got so much talent yet always fails to produce, seems to be slipping into the crciket wilderness these days.

BEST PERFORMANCES OF THE ROUND

GCA1

BATTING

A.Pitts(GC) 112
D.Foster(STJ) 80
A. Clark(NG) 59*
B. Hauenstein(SB) 57*
D. Fanning(STJ) 51
T. Marshall(EB) 50

other 50's M.Hanley, S.Hooley

BOWLING

B Hauenstein(SB) 4/17
A Courtney(L) 4/20
B Stacey(BPH) 4/34
S Bell(BPH) 3/11
C Ford(NDCC) 3/11
G Yelland(GRO) 3/16
M Kennedy(GC) 3/25
B Allen (GRO)3/35
G Talarico(GW) 3/38
D Morgan(STJ) 3/52

GCA2

BATTING

B Watson(MUR) 80
A McLean(NS) 67*
J Potter(CO) 59*
M Cox(AT) 52

BOWLING

M Slater(TOR) 5/17
S Illingworth(SP) 4/20
D Watson 3/16(MUR) (inc hat-trick)
B Turner(MH) 3/24
D Riches(THOM) 3/27
S Dawson(TOR) 3/28
R Clayson 3/36(MUR)

GCA3

BATTING

B Donaldson(LETH) 114*
R Edwards jnr(WIN) JNR 57

BOWLING

A Woods(TEES) 6/13
S Lees(GSM) 6/38
T Spiller(TEES) 4/7
M Humpage(CB) 4/12
C Fulton(INV) 4/13
D Johnson(WIN) 3/22
R Edwards Jnr(WIN) 3/23
B Ihlow(CB) 3/31

BPCA

BATTING

M Farrell(QCC) 125
M Price(NEW) 93
H Ingham(QCC) 76
T Brown(DRYS) 55
L Buckland(COLL) 51
C Fletcher(NEW) 50

BOWLING

J Murray(STA) 5/24
G Bride(GWSC) 5/42
C Biddiscombe(BH) 4/32
S McPherson(PORT) 3/11
M Nolan(ANG) 3/20
J Addy(STA) 3/34
L Jackson(PORT) 3/41
D Andrews(ANG) 3/55

If I've missed any throw them in.

Any thoughts on anyone or the the 1st day of 2008/09?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;270999 said:
Big Matt Featherston to make his come back this week in the St Albans 4ths

That's going to be the biggest comeback since jesus.
I'm sure he will be joining us on the sunday at the Draw?

Bnichols;270034 said:
Big day for the FROGS! WOOO!!!!

THE JET IS JUST FIRING UP THE ENGINES. PREPARE FOR TAKE OFF!!!!

THE ONLY THING THAT NEEDS A TAXI IS THE BLOKE FETCHING THE BALL AS I CLEAR MID ON BOUNDARIES!!!

WOOOO GO FROGS

twas only a 40 big guy - relax. im starting to think this mite actualy b u! :eek:

beckodelay;270041 said:
wrongun on the ole' cut n paste

Just doing my bit to help out those who havnt seen the scores;)

Bell just bowls med-slow he's from box hill apparently, and played at Grovedale a few years ago also.

very accurate though from memory and hard to get away.

beckodelay;269991 said:
bly me... ive herd it all now! :D
who is this mysterious demon? :confused:

easy there beck, s.lees is quite sharp. faced him three years ago when he made a late charge after christmas and nearly won the cricketer of the year. he played lower grades at prahran i think, he goes well

thommy_rissole;271006 said:
That's going to be the biggest comeback since jesus.
I'm sure he will be joining us on the sunday at the Draw?

Not sure he hasn't been spotted for a while!
I think he'll find it hard to pass up 2 hrs of free frothys on a sunny sunday.

As for the comeback, I don't think he'll play any higher, the 40 overs a side 1dayers every week might be up his ally:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back