Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Cheetahs2008;275396 said:
Shut up toss pot, we couldn't get the runs in the end so be it, we were in the game all day.
There boring defensive fields didn't help the game either:rolleyes:

For further clarification, this is straight from Wikipedia:

The cheetah is a vulnerable species. Out of all the big cats, it is the least able to adapt to new environments. It has always proved difficult to breed in captivity, although recently a few zoos have managed to succeed at this. Once widely hunted for its fur, the cheetah now suffers more from the loss of both habitat and prey.

I think this quote just about sums it up!!

You blokes are more bluff than anything!!
073008cheetah.gif

Knowa;275438 said:
For further clarification, this is straight from Wikipedia:

The cheetah is a vulnerable species. Out of all the big cats, it is the least able to adapt to new environments. It has always proved difficult to breed in captivity, although recently a few zoos have managed to succeed at this. Once widely hunted for its fur, the cheetah now suffers more from the loss of both habitat and prey.

I think this quote just about sums it up!!

You blokes are more bluff than anything!!
073008cheetah.gif

LOL LOL LOL LOL :eek:

LETS HAVE A PROTEST AGAINS THE ADDY NEXT MONDAY!!! Everyone on here tell everyone at your club not to buy the addy next monday and ill bet they take notice. its a fu*&*ing disgrace, dont tell the cheetahs though, doesnt matter they c c c c ant r r r ead or p p p lay c c c c ri i i cket.

beckodelay;275427 said:
ok ok.. everyones entitled to there opinions and uve had so many good ones in the past... but the punch up thing was a joke written on here by matty caufield... there was no fight at presso night... mango and mitch.. all is good between em... so its all false?!?!? :confused:

ash wasnt making runs at north.. he loved the club.. loved the environment but stilll.. he was a junior at north shore and probably seen the oppurtunity to go bakk to where it started and start afreshfair enuff he wasnt makin runs, but at his age u guyz wood b beta off wit him at the top of the order then a teenaga

and as for trying to satisfy fergie... only a cheque book can do that... and we're a proud club and can honestly say that the cheque book has never came out to any player that isnt the coach of the clubfair point
definitly false..... no grudge between them at all

if ash wanted to go bakk to north shore.. we're not the type of club to hold players here if they dont want to be here.. we have a few young blokes that willl be good in years to come... jackson davis.. only 15 and making good scores in the 2's.. possibly in the same mould as sam hall...

and thanks for agreeing and seeing that we dont get the cheque book out for anyone

I Bowl Meat Pies;275441 said:
definitly false..... no grudge between them at all

if ash wanted to go bakk to north shore.. we're not the type of club to hold players here if they dont want to be here.. we have a few young blokes that willl be good in years to come... jackson davis.. only 15 and making good scores in the 2's.. possibly in the same mould as sam hall...

and thanks for agreeing and seeing that we dont get the cheque book out for anyone

stil doesnt make up4the lack of recruitin u ave done since u won the flag, onli playa in is millard & i dnt r8 him at all. neva dne anyting in glong!

crktluva;275803 said:
LETS HAVE A PROTEST AGAINS THE ADDY NEXT MONDAY!!! Everyone on here tell everyone at your club not to buy the addy next monday and ill bet they take notice. its a fu*&*ing disgrace, dont tell the cheetahs though, doesnt matter they c c c c ant r r r ead or p p p lay c c c c ri i i cket.

im stll w8n 4ipl's match reprt!! :D

thommy_rissole;275431 said:
Congratulations to English players Martyn East 107* in the 2s and Matty Jaimison 107 in the 3s in the match just completed on their maiden Thomson centuries.

y ya got english playas in ya 2s n 3s?!?!!?:confused::confused:

beckodelay;275804 said:
knowa ur onli enhancn ur nerdines :eek: bt yes, u cn b me managa!!

You're right becko - too easily distracted when I should be doing work.:)

thommy_rissole;275424 said:
Thomson vs Marshall Match Report

Salts lost the toss last week and Marshall decided to bat on a hard and fast Thommy deck. Marshall were in early trouble at 3-10 with Riches (4-32) and Petterwood (3-5) taking the honours against the opening batsmen. Marhsall recovered somewhat to be 6-120 through Trent Leslie (74) and Paul Cammaroto (32) but some tight bowling from the Tigers helping to get the remaining 4 wickets for only another 30 runs. Ben Smiljanic (1-40), Mick Gill (1-36) chipped in with a wicket each. Marshall eventually all out for 151 inside 48 overs.

Thomson had 34 overs to bat day one and got off to a terrible start losing Englishman McCoy (0) cheaply to Marshall Captain-Coach Paul Cammaroto (1-9). Smiljanic (45) and Strods (22) put together 58 before Strods played one back on to his stumps off the "bowling" of Shaun Johnson (1-33). Saltalamacchia (30) and Smiljanic got to within 8 overs of stumps before Smiljanic mistimed a wide one from Craig Phyland (1-53) which bought O'Neill to the crease. Salts and O'Neill played out the day to be 3-104 at close, with O'Neill (1*) and Salts (22*).

Day 2 started on a very good wicket with a little bit less bounce than day one at Godfrey St with Rod Dubbledam (1-65) and Shaun Johnson opening the bowling Thomson requiring a further 47 for victory. Salts added a further 8 to his overnight score before mistiming an aggresive lofted drive of Dubbledam which bought in veteran Stephen Dahlhaus to join O'Neill. They batted for a further 12 overs producing a partnership of 115 and safely guiding Thomson to first innings points, Dahlhaus (22*) and O'Neill (82*). Thomson declared at 4-220 off 50 overs and sent Marshall back into bat to try and claim outright points with a lead of 69.

Marshall's second innings started a lot better than their 1st with former Thomson 4th XI opener Damien Young (20) playing some fine pull shots of Dean Riches (4-40) before the introduction of 1st gamer Phil Featherston (1-10) who with Kim Petterwood (3-15) combined well to rip apart the Bears top order to have them precariously placed at 4-32. Trent Leslie (20) and Jarred Messinger (17) momentarially ceased the bleeding before a fine second spell from Dean Riches ran through the middle-lower order resulting in the Bears being 9-76 with a second innings lead of 7 runs still with 25 overs minimum to play. Captain Salts (0-15) threw the ball around to try and get out the stubborn Rod Dubbledam (21*) and opening "bowler" Shaun Johnson (28*) to no avail, O'Neill (0-10) landing 11 out of the 12 leggies he threw down. A pretenscious stumping not given and some half chances not taken by the Thomson fielders led to Marhsall being 9/125 at the close of play.

Votes: 3. Dean Riches 2. Sean O'Neill 1. Trent Leslie
obviously happy wit ya own per4mance :eek: bad news bears go from bad2worse, gonne b a long season. how the $5000 man go?!?!?! :confused: ern his $430 a game :eek: "bowler" shaun johnson?!?

crktluva;275803 said:

Spot on!!

It is a terrible representation of the cricket. We have spoken about this before and unfortunately I don't think it will improve unless we have GFC players playing local cricket. Even the article on the Geelong CC is fairly ordinary.

Hopefully the cheetahs bought the paper today to see how close they came to winning seeing as though they were always in the game.

It is funny how they seem to have gone very quiet!!

Cheetahs2008;275390 said:
Great chase by the Cheetahs yesterday just came up a bit short. but I think we weren't that far away St Albans couldn't probe through our strong batting line up and we batted for 71 overs which proves that we will be there abouts come finals time.

Well done to St Albans but after what we saw over the last two weeks we won't fear them whatsoever if we happen to meet come finals in fact I hope we do!

ok lets go through the Cheaters innings.

Parker-Dud
A Melville-Long year ahead buddy!!!!!! LOL
next bloke-couldn't hit on the offside!
same !
same !
G bride-batted ok stuck around
keeper-batted ok stuck around
Number 11-didn't face a ball

Sundries 36 second top scorer!!!!--Well done Nick LOL LOL LOL:D

*Rest of post edited*
Well of to a good start here!!! I will change what i said..........

Bad luck to the cheaters!!!!! We beat you very easily, Time to stop mouthing off and get to training boys. A 130 run defeat is not just losing! It is a pumping. See if we made 140 you would of only made 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL ....Well done to Geoff Bride and the keeper at the end there! put on a few runs, maybe you guys should bat at three and four!!!! maybe you could switch the order around, maybe you should just shut up and respect the teams that are in the bpca, it may be beach cricket cheetahs2008, but there are still some good players and when you lack respect for clubs on the ground you LOSE, and when you lack respect for clubs off the ground well now everyone wants to beat your club!!

PS I don't think you will play us in the finals!!!!!! I hear Warragul is great in March!!!!!!!!!

thevetran;275468 said:
ok lets go through the Cheaters innings.

Parker-Dud
A Melville-Long year ahead buddy!!!!!! LOL
same !
same !
G bride-batted ok stuck around
keeper-batted ok stuck around
Number 11-didn't face a ball

Sundries 36 second top scorer!!!!--Well done Nick LOL LOL LOL:D

*Rest of post edited*
Well of to a good start here!!! I will change what i said..........

Bad luck to the cheaters!!!!! We beat you very easily, Time to stop mouthing off and get to training boys. A 130 run defeat is not just losing! It is a pumping. See if we made 140 you would of only made 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL ....Well done to Geoff Bride and the keeper at the end there! put on a few runs, maybe you guys should bat at three and four!!!! maybe you could switch the order around, maybe you should just shut up and respect the teams that are in the bpca, it may be beach cricket cheetahs2008, but there are still some good players and when you lack respect for clubs on the ground you LOSE, and when you lack respect for clubs off the ground well now everyone wants to beat your club!!

PS I don't think you will play us in the finals!!!!!! I hear Warragul is great in March!!!!!!!!!
anotha $t Alban$ $upa$star!! :eek:

Knowa;275811 said:
Spot on!!

It is a terrible representation of the cricket. We have spoken about this before and unfortunately I don't think it will improve unless we have GFC players playing local cricket. Even the article on the Geelong CC is fairly ordinary.

Yes, your right Knowa, it's ridiculously terrible, fair enough the Super X was on this weekend but it happens everyweekend.
You'd think maybe the Geelong News or even the Echo would give it more coverage if the Addy has other things to follow up.
It's not as if there is anything in the Sport that would be read more than local cricket on a monday, lawn bowls - no, golf - no and then they coverage of International Sport is just re-written from AAP or Reuters so you can read about most of it in other media forms.

Knowa;275795 said:
But wait there's more:

Beck_sketchel.jpg

Ill take 2 hoodies and this lovely man bag Knowa.
Your busines nous is second to none. Giving the kids what they want- Beckodelay merch.
Im sure the mystery man will be proud to have a few of these bags named after him circulating around the local scene!!

I Bowl Meat Pies;275417 said:
mate we recuit as well as we can..... mitch troy.. how many clubs would offer him coin to coach..... north shore.. yerr maybe

ash mclean.. plays footy at north shore and yerr knows mitch well.. why not try and make a fresh start sumwhere else....

as for fergie.... he was in our leadership group.... possibly looking at him taking over scowns role as captain in the future.... he didnt want it.. and insteads chased big bucks.. wat can we do

mitch troy... let him go, he is nothing and never will be, made one score in how many years.

ok, here is the 2nd week match report for the South Barwon versus Leopold game played at Newtown on Sunday.

With the weather being a bit overcast but still pretty hot the Swans were trying to be optimistic that it would be a big day of run scoring, but added to the optimisim was when doing the pre game warm-ups young Ando won the sprinting part of the session which means he was switched on !! hehe

The Swans started okay against the new ball pairing of Marshall "Sherriff" and Stowy, but it was Stowy who after only bowling about 10 balls from his full run-up succumbed to his calf strain from the previous week and went back to a three pace or almost Clinton Ford run up !! After a few overs at the Queens Park Road end and not much to cheer about Stowy switched ends and almost having immediate results trapping Hammy in front for 15 although replays and the stump mic's reported an inside edge and unlucky Whittingham back to the pavilion. Anthony Ford then joined Mozza and with some very determined batting these two gradually built the base of the innings so that a launch at the total could happen after the main break. With both guys not giving any chances before break (I don't think) South went to tea at around 1-120ish off a pretty brisk 49 bowled overs from the Leopold bowlers with Dean "Nollsy" Armstrong and Stowy bowling plenty of overs. After the break it was confirmed by the bag of ice in his posession that Stowy would take no further place in the game and his sub was going to be young Jake Kiddle, son of Darren. Once the game started Mozza and Fordy took to the Leopold bowlers and added another 50 odd in really good time until Mozz went out trying to sweep a Armstrong's ball and bringing it back onto his stump. A turning point prior to this may have been Fordy lifting one out to the mid wicket boundary only to see the sub fielder spill the chance, at this stage Fordy was on around 60-70. When Mozz departed for a well made 72 The Hornet joined Fordy and the two pushed the runs around quickly again and unfortunately Fordy pulled his hammy and required a runner, apatly named Hammy !! This almost proved disaster with 1) Hammy not knowing which side of the wicket to run when Fordy was the non striker and then 2) when Fordy was on 97 Hornet went for a suicide run which should have seen Ford get run out but luckily for Hornet and Ford the throw missed and two runs were picked up. Fordy then brought up his first division one 1st XI hundred to jubliant scenes from the Swans faithful which had now camped underneath the Newtown deck in front of where the players rooms where. They had young K-Rudd in full voice being possibly the number 1 supporter alongside one J Schmidt !! So it all looked good for the Swans at 3-254 but a few quick wickets including Ford (108), Hornet (30), Linke and Blyth saw the Swans tumble to 2/264 and the Lions players started to roar again. They were led by the Sherriff and Captain Rocket with the ball at this stage and the Swans needed 5 an over off about 10. Hester was joined by Breuer and they gradually started knocking off the total and when Breuer flicked one out to deep cover it looked like it might have turned the Lions way but the catch was dropped. Then in three hits which turned the game Hester played three of his best shots with the Swans to see 4-6-4 and the game well and truly back in the Swans favour, but Rocket then struck back to remove Hester (33) and when IPL smacked a full toss off Marshall down Rockets throat the Swans were 8-293 with 16 runs and 4 overs to go. Ando joined Breuer and the two kept out the good balls with Breuer smacking anything loose and also surviving another dropped chance in the outfield. With a leg side glance off the final ball of the penultimate over Breuer hit another boundary which was very close to being stopped by Josh Hughes only to see his foot on the boundary line when he picked it up, right in front of the Swans supporters !! Last over and scores were level so Ando chipped one out to what he thought was space but only to see it go straight down the throat of the one Leopold player in the deep and hearts raced again. Wonka joined Brew and fortunely for the Swans and Wonka they had crossed so it took Simon two balls to get one passed Rocket and the Swans had won with 3 balls to spare !! While the Lions were down a few bowlers the Swans chased well other than a slight hiccup at the end which made the game very interesting. 3-2-1 for the game would have to be 3 A Ford (to chase that score and make a hundred was pretty gutsy) 2 R Kiddle (batted brilliantly last week and bowled a good solid spell) 1 Possibly fought out between Mozza for his 72 and Phil Hunt for his 3 wickets and tight bowling the previous week.

Is anyone still awake ??

not trying to steal ya crown as the funny manc becko, just keepin it real and keeping these cheetahs in their cage. ;)

Tailender;275552 said:
RAM whos chris young?!?! & hw coodnt the nth batsmen hit him, 18 ovas 4 24 runs

While we r at it RAM, who r the other 2 new blokes, Peterson and McDonald?

trav played with us at guild. great bloke, very handy bowler and very, very handy middle to lower order bat.
bowls nice little mediums but can vary the pace, and just a solid defensive bat that can play the big shot if needed.
coached us to our premiership the other year

Looking forward to reading the Prez's match report from yesterdays game. (especially the part where he got out with the game well and truly in the balance!!)
Gotta say it was one of the best games of cricket i've ever watched- even though Leopold's bowling was a little short handed...

In other news...cant say im at all suprised or upset about the latest of many Cheeeeeetah maulings. Anyone on here NOT pick it though?!!

Bad luck Dino's, geez i woulda tipped all 8 this round!!

gca_ipl;275661 said:
if the great Becko exposes himself I am sure Ando will do the same for Renny !! hehe, the name Beckodelay was bandied around the South Barwon 1st XI discussion all day on Sunday, we were nervously looking around the corner to see if we could see the great man !! When we had the video camera out we thought we spotted some guy sitting on the back of a ute in an orange top. We swore that must have been him as he just sat on the back of the ute all day and by the large appearance of the man he was an admirer of the game !!

i was stood on the balcony for the first 20 overs or so, and all i could hear from down there was ando asking " wehre's beckodelay he said he was coming! "

if this cheetah2008 is their pres in parker, that clubs got issues with him as leader. and if its not him and they havent put a stop to his ludicrous outrageous delusional ramblings, then im sorry but nuggetville is in serious decline as a club. i think the word will get around pretty quick that these c*ck smokers think, thats right i said think, they are pretty good and evryone will take delight in beating their arses.

Second XI At Best;275488 said:
Looking forward to reading the Prez's match report from yesterdays game. (especially the part where he got out with the game well and truly in the balance!!)
Gotta say it was one of the best games of cricket i've ever watched- even though Leopold's bowling was a little short handed...

In other news...cant say im at all suprised or upset about the latest of many Cheeeeeetah maulings. Anyone on here NOT pick it though?!!

Bad luck Dino's, geez i woulda tipped all 8 this round!!

Yeah I know who didn't pick it!!!!! Cheaters2008 HA HA HA HA...... apparently if they got off to a good start they were gonna win!!!!!!!!! 5/120 at tea chasing 376!!!!!!!!!!!

Badger;275860 said:
i was stood on the balcony for the first 20 overs or so, and all i could hear from down there was ando asking " wehre's beckodelay he said he was coming! "

tey alll LUV ME :eek:

992276_cheetah_antelope.jpg

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;275433 said:
After the knuckleheads yelling shit out from the sidelines when they were 5/100 I'd tend to agree.
Hate to see them if they actually went alright:rolleyes:

This is the boys scoring on Saturday when that bloke was yelling out!!!!!!!!:D

No wonder the scorebook was wrong........Parker made a pair of threes!!!! LOL

beckodelay;275880 said:
tey alll LUV ME :eek:

have to admit beck, i was a bit jealous the boys didn't give me a mention ;) all the hype about the badger/becko support and i didn't even get a mention :eek::(

Badger;275882 said:
have to admit beck, i was a bit jealous the boys didn't give me a mention ;) all the hype about the badger/becko support and i didn't even get a mention :eek::(

ya nt misterious inuff badgey boi!! :eek:

thommy_rissole;275424 said:
Thomson vs Marshall Match Report

Salts lost the toss last week and Marshall decided to bat on a hard and fast Thommy deck. Marshall were in early trouble at 3-10 with Riches (4-32) and Petterwood (3-5) taking the honours against the opening batsmen. Marhsall recovered somewhat to be 6-120 through Trent Leslie (74) and Paul Cammaroto (32) but some tight bowling from the Tigers helping to get the remaining 4 wickets for only another 30 runs. Ben Smiljanic (1-40), Mick Gill (1-36) chipped in with a wicket each. Marshall eventually all out for 151 inside 48 overs.

Thomson had 34 overs to bat day one and got off to a terrible start losing Englishman McCoy (0) cheaply to Marshall Captain-Coach Paul Cammaroto (1-9). Smiljanic (45) and Strods (22) put together 58 before Strods played one back on to his stumps off the "bowling" of Shaun Johnson (1-33). Saltalamacchia (30) and Smiljanic got to within 8 overs of stumps before Smiljanic mistimed a wide one from Craig Phyland (1-53) which bought O'Neill to the crease. Salts and O'Neill played out the day to be 3-104 at close, with O'Neill (1*) and Salts (22*).

Day 2 started on a very good wicket with a little bit less bounce than day one at Godfrey St with Rod Dubbledam (1-65) and Shaun Johnson opening the bowling Thomson requiring a further 47 for victory. Salts added a further 8 to his overnight score before mistiming an aggresive lofted drive of Dubbledam which bought in veteran Stephen Dahlhaus to join O'Neill. They batted for a further 12 overs producing a partnership of 115 and safely guiding Thomson to first innings points, Dahlhaus (22*) and O'Neill (82*). Thomson declared at 4-220 off 50 overs and sent Marshall back into bat to try and claim outright points with a lead of 69.

Marshall's second innings started a lot better than their 1st with former Thomson 4th XI opener Damien Young (20) playing some fine pull shots of Dean Riches (4-40) before the introduction of 1st gamer Phil Featherston (1-10) who with Kim Petterwood (3-15) combined well to rip apart the Bears top order to have them precariously placed at 4-32. Trent Leslie (20) and Jarred Messinger (17) momentarially ceased the bleeding before a fine second spell from Dean Riches ran through the middle-lower order resulting in the Bears being 9-76 with a second innings lead of 7 runs still with 25 overs minimum to play. Captain Salts (0-15) threw the ball around to try and get out the stubborn Rod Dubbledam (21*) and opening "bowler" Shaun Johnson (28*) to no avail, O'Neill (0-10) landing 11 out of the 12 leggies he threw down. A pretenscious stumping not given and some half chances not taken by the Thomson fielders led to Marhsall being 9/125 at the close of play.

Votes: 3. Dean Riches 2. Sean O'Neill 1. Trent Leslie

Well done TR, saw the results on-line. Good work with the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back