Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Travis McDonald is from Guild, he wanted to try divi 1 and he works with a few of the blokes from grovedale i think.

crktluva;276020 said:
If i get t shirts made up with "BIG CRICKET"

Who would buy them at $25 each.

Please reply if interested. enough numbers ill do it. :cool::cool:

Good idea but maybe we could come up with something else for them to say that was a bit more relevant to our own backyard. Just 'Big Cricket' could mean anything to anyone. Thoughts guys? Maybe something more relevant to this thread?

ants14;275568 said:
peterson is a pom as well i think but i duno where mcdonald is from. maybe a twos player from last year. no ford comes off a step and a half lol, young has a good size run up and angles across then moves both ways... good bowler.

Is it the T McDonald that played 1sts for Guild-St Marys a couple of seasons ago? Just a guess. Travis I think.

G.W.S.C.;276048 said:
To the person posting on this Forum as cheetahs2008 I would like to advise you that your opinions are not supported in any way by the members and players of the Geelong West Sporting Club, and we would kindly appreciate if you would cease and desist from making any statements on behalf of our club.

If you have an issue with the Geelong West Sporting Club we would appreciate if you would bring them to us directly at Bakers Oval any Tuesday or Thursday night during training and the committee would be happy to hear you out and make a proper reply.

To all other users of this forum we unreservedly apoligise for the comments made by this user who at the moment remains unidentified to anybody associated with the cricket club in an official capacity.

Regards,

Paul Parker
President
Geelong West Sporting Club
Cricket Section

Well done.

a for effort;275588 said:
I remember Bell Park being bowled out for 16 or something similar by Newtown when they were in division 1 a few years ago

Thomson got bowled out for 36 last round of last season at St Peters.

ants14;276089 said:
just wondering also were geelong west r playing there home games in the ones and twos? i know its at geelong college but theres two campuses of geelong college isnt there? one on aberedeen/minerva and one on aphrasia street? someone from grovey able to help me out, u guys played them round 1... cheers in advance

pretty sure it is aberdeen/minerva. How many more weeks do they have the ground for ? I hear Barwon Water will not give them any more water allocation.

ants14;275555 said:
harps hasnt been on 4 a while, so ill tell ya. mcdonald gentle medium that changes his pace well, also made 53 not out, has a good technique for a numebr 10 bat... peterson looks to be a real good bat, threw his wicket away against us last week. bit of a whippet in the field to very quick and clean hands..

Pretty much spot on. Peterson is an Aussie but been in uk for six months. Living in area and wanted somewhere to play cricket. Young is the overseas player. Played at same club as Wainwright (Grovedale), Sacks (South Barwon) and Bourke (Torquay). All play in the same league as Batty (Torquay), Broadbent (City/Geelong) and Ellis (Torquay)

McDonald is the same guy that played at Guild. Ants right about changing his pace. Made him hit it straight in the air after pulling me for 3 consecutive fours,a few overs before.

Renny24;276106 said:
Good idea but maybe we could come up with something else for them to say that was a bit more relevant to our own backyard. Just 'Big Cricket' could mean anything to anyone. Thoughts guys? Maybe something more relevant to this thread?

"we are the Geelong Big Cricket nerds/tragics !!" might be a good one :)

Cheetahs2008;275390 said:
Great chase by the Cheetahs yesterday just came up a bit short. but I think we weren't that far away St Albans couldn't probe through our strong batting line up and we batted for 71 overs which proves that we will be there abouts come finals time.

Well done to St Albans but after what we saw over the last two weeks we won't fear them whatsoever if we happen to meet come finals in fact I hope we do!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, funniest post on here.
what a loser u must be. a great chase would have been 350 or even 300.

i watched 15 overs of stalbans batting, and it was embarrassing just watching.

How much under the counter shit goes on in this comp ?

You guys are good just ask your selfs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:rolleyes:

gca_ipl;276118 said:

What about the shirts I have in production already??? The ones about becko!!:D

G.W.S.C.;276048 said:
To the person posting on this Forum as cheetahs2008 I would like to advise you that your opinions are not supported in any way by the members and players of the Geelong West Sporting Club, and we would kindly appreciate if you would cease and desist from making any statements on behalf of our club.

If you have an issue with the Geelong West Sporting Club we would appreciate if you would bring them to us directly at Bakers Oval any Tuesday or Thursday night during training and the committee would be happy to hear you out and make a proper reply.

To all other users of this forum we unreservedly apoligise for the comments made by this user who at the moment remains unidentified to anybody associated with the cricket club in an official capacity.

Regards,

Paul Parker
President
Geelong West Sporting Club
Cricket Section

You have already gained some respect back by your reaction to this tool. The cheetahs issue is dead and buried for me.

Under the counter;275646 said:
How much under the counter shit goes on in this comp ?

You guys are good just ask your selfs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:rolleyes:

beckodelay "hw g:eek:d are we?!"
beckodelay "yer, we r g:eek:d"

tke a hike sharkbite! :eek:

crktluva;276133 said:
what about just "BIG CRICKET
GEELONG CHAPTER"

You know its getting tragic when blokes wanna start making up t-shirts devoted to an online cricket forum!!

Having said that, ill buy one if its got a picture of knowa on the front and a slogan relating to being one of Becko's groupies on the back....
and then we go on tour....

beckodelay;275653 said:
whos he thn ando?! :confused::confused:

if the great Becko exposes himself I am sure Ando will do the same for Renny !! hehe, the name Beckodelay was bandied around the South Barwon 1st XI discussion all day on Sunday, we were nervously looking around the corner to see if we could see the great man !! When we had the video camera out we thought we spotted some guy sitting on the back of a ute in an orange top. We swore that must have been him as he just sat on the back of the ute all day and by the large appearance of the man he was an admirer of the game !!

gca_ipl;275661 said:
if the great Becko exposes himself I am sure Ando will do the same for Renny !! hehe, the name Beckodelay was bandied around the South Barwon 1st XI discussion all day on Sunday, we were nervously looking around the corner to see if we could see the great man !! When we had the video camera out we thought we spotted some guy sitting on the back of a ute in an orange top. We swore that must have been him as he just sat on the back of the ute all day and by the large appearance of the man he was an admirer of the game !!

l:eek:ks like uncie beckodelay has sum icon status @ da swans!! :cool:

gca_ipl;275661 said:

That wasn't a white ute was is ipl? that was the great stewie calder kicking back, surely it couldn't be him:confused:

beckodelay;275662 said:
l:eek:ks like uncie beckodelay has sum icon status @ da swans!!

Also you are a massive figure at the saints we spent all arvo trying to pick you out (maybe thats why west got a few runs:() There was a few ppl come and go but we are still empty handed.
Becko give us a clue:confused:

gca_ipl;276118 said:

Second XI At Best;276136 said:
You know its getting tragic when blokes wanna start making up t-shirts devoted to an online cricket forum!!

Having said that, ill buy one if its got a picture of knowa on the front and a slogan relating to being one of Becko's groupies on the back....
and then we go on tour....

The front should definately be reserved for becko. Maybe the sleeves as well. The back should have a picture of a sponsor.....know anyone ipl??:)

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;275664 said:
That wasn't a white ute was is ipl? that was the great stewie calder kicking back, surely it couldn't be him

Also you are a massive figure at the saints we spent all arvo trying to pick you out (maybe thats why west got a few runs) There was a few ppl come and go but we are still empty handed.
Becko give us a clue

im no stewie calda, whoeva that is!! glad ppl kno of da gr8 beckodelay, who he is & were is from is a novelty innit?!? :confused: LOL ;)

I heard the Big Red Fire Engine rolled back into town at the weekend. Any truth?

May score a few in the 4ths that kid. How is the pom doing at Thommy?

That wasn't a white ute was is ipl? that was the great stewie calder kicking back, surely it couldn't be him:confused:

Also you are a massive figure at the saints we spent all arvo trying to pick you out (maybe thats why west got a few runs:() There was a few ppl come and go but we are still empty handed.

hmmm, it was a white ute, we have video footage of the man as he was just there in the background of all our shots of the day. Young Stewy was a Swan for one season as a junior until he got taken away by the Grovey Tigers.

gca_ipl;276113 said:
pretty sure it is aberdeen/minerva. How many more weeks do they have the ground for ? I hear Barwon Water will not give them any more water allocation.

thanks mate knew u wouldnt let me down.. i dunno, we just got told its not up yet so play at college

that was stewie calder in the ute. he cant be becko..... surely:eek:

beckodelay;275561 said:
2b bwld out 4 47 tho aint gr8, readn the ablettiser tis morn Booley from Bpark was sayin how sh!t there pre-seasn was: dnt no any1 elses thorts but ya coach shoodnt be sayn that stuff in the papers :eek:

Sorry SuperCoach, I was responding to a question asked by the Addy why our batting line up was failing and I told him the truth. The players were told the same after the game on Saturday.

gca_ipl;275661 said:

It's true becko, the first thing IPL asked me when i came down to watch last sunday was "where's becko, have you seen becko" haha.

We at Thomson just want to know when are you going to come support us?

And to add to that yes Renny is correct, each club may have one overseas player per grade :) and at this moment in time there isn't any pressure on McCoy in the 1s, he'll come good, his a good cricketer who just needs to spend some time in the middle, hopefully this week against the Highton Heat.

gca_ipl;275668 said:
hmmm, it was a white ute, we have video footage of the man as he was just there in the background of all our shots of the day. Young Stewy was a Swan for one season as a junior until he got taken away by the Grovey Tigers.

Babies Arm;275669 said:
that was stewie calder in the ute. he cant be becko..... surely:eek:

Not a chance it could be him, works as a plummer in Melb so wouldn't have access to a computer during the day.

The cult is growing Becko soon enough you will have shirts and stubbie holders and hats.
How big could this be:rolleyes::D

thommy_rissole;275670 said:
It's true becko, the first thing IPL asked me when i came down to watch last sunday was "where's becko, have you seen becko" haha. seems im quiet luvd gcaipl

We at Thomson just want to know when are you going to come support us? dnt watch divvy2 realli, mayb da manifold game

And to add to that yes Renny is correct, each club may have one overseas player per grade :) and at this moment in time there isn't any pressure on McCoy in the 1s, he'll come good, his a good cricketer who just needs to spend some time in the middle, hopefully this week against the Highton Heat. hope he aint gettin paid per run :eek: ---- 4is sake!!

Dragon's Lair;276164 said:
Sorry SuperCoach, I was responding to a question asked by the Addy why our batting line up was failing and I told him the truth. The players were told the same after the game on Saturday.

mayb u shood keepya opinions in house :eek: even if its the truth, i bet the bpcc comitee wernt happy2read th@ mon mornin.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;275674 said:
Not a chance it could be him, works as a plummer in Melb so wouldn't have access to a computer during the day.

The cult is growing Becko soon enough you will have shirts and stubbie holders and hats.
How big could this be:rolleyes::D

if its gunna gt financd by da $t Alban$ $upa$aint$ it cood b anyting :eek: LOL

Knowa;276146 said:
The front should definately be reserved for becko. Maybe the sleeves as well. The back should have a picture of a sponsor.....know anyone ipl??:)

Knowa me no.#1 groupie :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back