Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

tim finnigan;397477 said:
Well ive also heard he's keen on Marshall so not really sure that the rumours are completely false.. Brady has said he will not be poaching anyone from Grovey but if blokes approach him then its fair game.

Has also been at least 6 other players some from div 1 clubs that have approached the club. We'll also be likely fielding 5 seniors sides next season along with all junior sides, so it looks like the bad news bears and easy beats tag is coming to an end.

I didn't say the Marshall rumour was false, the Ford to Newcomb one is.

Have heard Peterson coaching Grovedale, Lucas Cameron to Wallington/Ocean Grove, Peake to South Barwon & Cairns to coach BPH?

Just a few whispers that I am hearing, can anyone confirm or deny these?

thommy_rissole;397479 said:

Have heard Peterson coaching Grovedale, Lucas Cameron to Wallington/Ocean Grove, Peake to South Barwon & Cairns to coach BPH?

Petersen is coaching Grovedale. If Peake plays he will most likely play at South Barwon, but is more looking like a season break after 18 or so years doing the whole cricket thing to Melbourne. Lucas Cameron has family playing at Wallington, so they would be an option for him. Ritchie Hassett is not playing next season, so maybe Cairns to coach but I thought his line of work might make it hard for him, a nurse or something like that, with training, etc. Good to see Marshall on the up and Brady will make a difference as he has played at a professional club. Will be interesting to see what side they put on paper.

While the Ford to Newcomb rumour is not true, there still may be some movement with him, but just watch this space !!

Petersen is coaching Grovedale. If Peake plays he will most likely play at South Barwon, but is more looking like a season break after 18 or so years doing the whole cricket thing to Melbourne. Lucas Cameron has family playing at Wallington, so they would be an option for him. Ritchie Hassett is not playing next season, so maybe Cairns to coach but I thought his line of work might make it hard for him, a nurse or something like that, with training, etc. Good to see Marshall on the up and Brady will make a difference as he has played at a professional club. Will be interesting to see what side they put on paper.

While the Ford to Newcomb rumour is not true, there still may be some movement with him, but just watch this space !!

cheer_cheer;397492 said:

So your not rulling out him jumping the fence and onto South Barwon number 2 or wat ever oval its called that we play on Dazza???:eek:

cheer_cheer;397492 said:

So your not rulling out him jumping the fence and onto South Barwon number 2 or wat ever oval its called that we play on Dazza???:eek:

Pretty sure it's not false there, he'll either be coaching Newcomb or going back to Grovedale with Kelvin I think you'll find;).
Strange that Kelvin would wanna leave had his best season ever.

Newcomb offered Clinton to coach and Babbsy to assistant but Jez declined so I'm told.

Pretty sure it's not false there, he'll either be coaching Newcomb or going back to Grovedale with Kelvin I think you'll find;).

Newcomb offered Clinton to coach and Babbsy to assistant but Jez declined so I'm told.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;397516 said:

StAlbans/Breakwater????

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;397516 said:

StAlbans/Breakwater????

tim finnigan;397501 said:

hehe, jumping the fence to South Barwon No 2 would not be actually jumping the fence !! You's guys are South Barwon No 1.

tim finnigan;397501 said:

hehe, jumping the fence to South Barwon No 2 would not be actually jumping the fence !! You's guys are South Barwon No 1.

cheer_cheer;397561 said:

Hahaha sorry mate, i was never sure which was which:confused:

cheer_cheer;397561 said:

Hahaha sorry mate, i was never sure which was which:confused:

We'll also be likely fielding 5 seniors sides next season along with all junior sides, so it looks like the bad news bears and easy beats tag is coming to an end.

Respectfully suggest you want to ensure a few of those guys in your 4ths play higher, and don't use irregular availability/one-day cricket as an excuse not to do so. Some are good players but there's not much point in having a very good 4th XI whilst the 2nds and 3rds are struggling.

We'll also be likely fielding 5 seniors sides next season along with all junior sides, so it looks like the bad news bears and easy beats tag is coming to an end.

Respectfully suggest you want to ensure a few of those guys in your 4ths play higher, and don't use irregular availability/one-day cricket as an excuse not to do so. Some are good players but there's not much point in having a very good 4th XI whilst the 2nds and 3rds are struggling.

Look here;397659 said:

Couldn't agree more mate. A few did plays 2's for awhile but work commitments etc meant they couldn't always commit to the 2 dayers.

It will be strongly suggested to the boys that should be playing a higher grade next season id imagine.

Look here;397659 said:

Couldn't agree more mate. A few did plays 2's for awhile but work commitments etc meant they couldn't always commit to the 2 dayers.

It will be strongly suggested to the boys that should be playing a higher grade next season id imagine.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;397007 said:
I also heard Clinton Ford is coaching Newcomb Dino's (Pending they stay in div2)

Hard Hitter?

Mate, I haven't heard anything regarding swannie. Just rumor but hey they should ask him the question though????? You never know he just might be in the colours again>>> hmmmmmm food for thought ;)

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;397007 said:
I also heard Clinton Ford is coaching Newcomb Dino's (Pending they stay in div2)

Hard Hitter?

Mate, I haven't heard anything regarding swannie. Just rumor but hey they should ask him the question though????? You never know he just might be in the colours again>>> hmmmmmm food for thought ;)

Look here;397659 said:

why not, heaps of sides do it year after year just glory hunting trophies and achieving nothing, GCA should do something about. people that work have to play somehwere or their wont be a 4ths and 5ths. most of those 4ths guy at marshall are 4ths players.

Look here;397659 said:

why not, heaps of sides do it year after year just glory hunting trophies and achieving nothing, GCA should do something about. people that work have to play somehwere or their wont be a 4ths and 5ths. most of those 4ths guy at marshall are 4ths players.

Hard Hitter;397979 said:

There might be the little problem of Swannie not playing enough games at SBCC for him to be granted an automatic clearance after all the work i hear SBCC put in to get him and Kelvin last season!
Would this be correct cheer_cheer?

Hard Hitter;397979 said:

There might be the little problem of Swannie not playing enough games at SBCC for him to be granted an automatic clearance after all the work i hear SBCC put in to get him and Kelvin last season!

fineleg2fineleg;398087 said:

no one said anything about automatic clearance...that being said I don't know too many clubs that would hold someone on the 25 games rule. But they have that right. :D

fineleg2fineleg;398087 said:

no one said anything about automatic clearance...that being said I don't know too many clubs that would hold someone on the 25 games rule. But they have that right. :D

Hard Hitter;398104 said:

I don't think anyone can be held if they're going as a coach, regardless of the 25 game rule.

There's no point keeping blokes that don't wanna be their anyway IMO.

Hard Hitter;398104 said:

I don't think anyone can be held if they're going as a coach, regardless of the 25 game rule.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;398200 said:

if you dont wanna play here u can goooooo. coz we got unfinished buisness;)

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;398200 said:

I reckon it's end of discussion on Rowdy, let's move on to other news of player movements. What will pan out will pan out.

I reckon it's end of discussion on Rowdy, let's move on to other news of player movements. What will pan out will pan out.

Babies Arm;398246 said:

That unfinished business seems to be taking a long time to finish, 2 seasons passed since your last gf...

Babies Arm;398246 said:

That unfinished business seems to be taking a long time to finish, 2 seasons passed since your last gf...

concrete cricket;398464 said:

hehe, good things take time !! Just like getting our club-rooms upgraded and now they are unbelievable. If you told me 10 years time South Barwon would be cemented in Division One I would have taken that anyway. I am sure there is plenty of success across all grades in the near future.

concrete cricket;398464 said:

hehe, good things take time !! Just like getting our club-rooms upgraded and now they are unbelievable. If you told me 10 years time South Barwon would be cemented in Division One I would have taken that anyway. I am sure there is plenty of success across all grades in the near future.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;398750 said:
Will that stop him from coming back to play next year?

It shouldn't in terms of contractually as Gareth Cross (a Ryder Medalist), who has a full Lancashire contract, played for St Kilda in the VCA.

Squad members played all over NZ, Aus and SAfrica last summer so I can't see it being a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back