Geelong Cricket Chat 2010/11

Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 2010/11

daniel_son_91;399364 said:
has anyone got any good news at there club or care to float a rumour.. ??

We finalised a new captain/coach wednesday night, but I duno if I'm allowed to say who it is yet..it's a current player take from it what you will.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;399367 said:
Shaun Tait has signed at St Albans for this season.

Hahaha LOL, You idiot:D, but then again, nothing would shock me with the endless cheque book at St Albans, whos next, Chris Gayle:eek:

ants14;399371 said:
We finalised a new captain/coach wednesday night, but I duno if I'm allowed to say who it is yet..it's a current player take from it what you will.
hmm current player???

jason stewart? lol

CLUB: Werribee Centrals Cricket Club

Position Sought: Senior Playing Coach

Association: VTCA, WDCA, WSUCCA, WRJCA(JUNIOR CRICKET)

Number of Senior Teams: 2 X Mens Turf Northern Division VTCA
1 x Senior Mens WDCA B2 Turf
3 x Senior Mens WSUCCA B Matting, C Matting, D Matting

Number of Junior Teams & Grades: 10 junior teams WRJCA plus In2 Cricket Program

Accreditation Required: Level 1-2 preferred

Key Selection Criteria:
Bring an enthusiastic attitude to a group of players willing to train hard
Have excellent Management and Leadership skills
Ability to organise and commit to all Training sessions and Games
Ability to develop youth
Ability to sustain positive club culture and achieve success on and off field
Attend all Club Functions
Be able to Communicate with a willing Committee and highly motivated players
Be capable of performing in the Senior Mens First XI in Northern Divison

Other Information:
Position is for Coach of Senior Cricket Club only
Contract and Remuneration Negotiable
Applications handled in a confidential manner

Club Competing to be best side in Western Suburbs
Proud Club with successful recent history
4 sides out of 6 made Grand Final Last Year including both First & Second XI
Newly Renovated Clubrooms capable of hosting functions of 200 people
4 Net Facilities available, bowling machine and excellent oval including a 4 pitch table

Key Contacts: Applicants email details, brief playing, coaching credentials and any further required information to President Ashley Clarke at lowcost@convey.com.au

Club website: MyCricket: Werribee Centrals

ants14;399371 said:

ok, player from last year. So would have to rule out Alf, Fergy, Col. Other candidates would be Scowny but he has done it before, so would not think him. Really only leaves one remaining person. Sam Hall ??

crktluva;399431 said:
Hahaha LOL, You idiot:D, but then again, nothing would shock me with the endless cheque book at St Albans, whos next, Chris Gayle:eek:

Better to be looking at it, than looking for it;)

Damien Vassiliou is going to Geelong West, pretty good addition to an already top batting side.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;399448 said:
Damien Vassiliou is going to Geelong West, pretty good addition to an already top batting side.

GWCC had an ad in today's (Saturday's) paper for a coach. Would there be any other GCA1 clubs without an appointment at this stage?

Look here;399450 said:
GWCC had an ad in today's (Saturday's) paper for a coach. Would there be any other GCA1 clubs without an appointment at this stage?

Thomson still haven't appointed anyone.

Another whisper is Nathan Bisset to Alexander Thomson as Assistant Coach.

cheer_cheer;399446 said:
ok, player from last year. So would have to rule out Alf, Fergy, Col. Other candidates would be Scowny but he has done it before, so would not think him. Really only leaves one remaining person. Sam Hall ??

why did u rule out alf and fergy?

ants14;399511 said:
why did u rule out alf and fergy?

I would think Alf has gone past needing to coach the club and is just playing cricket cause he enjoys smacking the ball around still ! Ferg just does not seem to be the coaching type just yet, maybe down the track but not just yet.

thommy_rissole;399509 said:
Thomson still haven't appointed anyone.

Another whisper is Nathan Bisset to Alexander Thomson as Assistant Coach.

How many clubs has that guy gone to, if this is the case ? That must mean there is going to be two assistant coaches at AT, as Lucas Benci already is taking on that role. Could be an assistant of the assistant !!

cheer_cheer;399522 said:
How many clubs has that guy gone to, if this is the case ? That must mean there is going to be two assistant coaches at AT, as Lucas Benci already is taking on that role. Could be an assistant of the assistant !!

We had 2 Assistants and a Coach last season, seemed to work alright so I don't see it being a problem.

Have heard South Barwon have been actively speaking to players since the season finished, have you secured any for next year Cheer_Cheer?

Another potential move I am hearing is a few of non-1st XI South players may be joining Boyd at St Peters. Didn't get any names but supposedly a couple are decent players.

Daniel son, you have much to rern, now go sand the fwoor, or catch fry wif chopstick. you veli much no good at pledictions and luma. Rucas Cameron nowhere near 5 figga, veli much same as he get at highton.

As if a BPCA side is gonna shell out 10k, let alone have 10K to spend on players.

crktluva;399531 said:
Daniel son, you have much to rern, now go sand the fwoor, or catch fry wif chopstick. you veli much no good at pledictions and luma. Rucas Cameron nowhere near 5 figga, veli much same as he get at highton.

As if a BPCA side is gonna shell out 10k, let alone have 10K to spend on players.

dont shoot the messenger crktluva. just what has been floated. as it turns out 10k is being split between Cameron & Gill. now that i have heard from a more than reliable source.

thommy_rissole;399527 said:
We had 2 Assistants and a Coach last season, seemed to work alright so I don't see it being a problem.

Have heard South Barwon have been actively speaking to players since the season finished, have you secured any for next year Cheer_Cheer?

Another potential move I am hearing is a few of non-1st XI South players may be joining Boyd at St Peters. Didn't get any names but supposedly a couple are decent players.

Hahahahaha - and he rest....

thommy_rissole;399527 said:

I think most clubs have been speaking with players since the season ended and at this stage as nothing is confirmed yet there is nothing to report.

In regards to the St Peter's playwer movements I would be very surprised if this was to take place. There is a couple of players that would be the ones in question but at the moment one of those guys is living in the Hornet's house while he is overseas playing in the UK so I would seriously doubt that would be the case. The guys that associated with Boydie have many more mates at South Barwon and would not go across to just play with him. I would say it was more of a case of Boydie trying to get these guys across to play with him.

cheer_cheer;399581 said:
In regards to the St Peter's playwer movements I would be very surprised if this was to take place. There is a couple of players that would be the ones in question but at the moment one of those guys is living in the Hornet's house while he is overseas playing in the UK so I would seriously doubt that would be the case. The guys that associated with Boydie have many more mates at South Barwon and would not go across to just play with him. I would say it was more of a case of Boydie trying to get these guys across to play with him.

I forgot this site still existed!!

I've heard some rumours of this sort myself Prez! Dunno whats true or not.

cheer_cheer;399581 said:
i think most clubs have been speaking with players since the season ended and at this stage as nothing is confirmed yet there is nothing to report.

In regards to the st peter's playwer movements i would be very surprised if this was to take place. There is a couple of players that would be the ones in question but at the moment one of those guys is living in the hornet's house while he is overseas playing in the uk so i would seriously doubt that would be the case. The guys that associated with boydie have many more mates at south barwon and would not go across to just play with him. I would say it was more of a case of boydie trying to get these guys across to play with him.

ya mean hambrook

crktluva;399665 said:
ya mean hambrook

there is one Hambrook playing at St Peter's at the moment, obviously the other one is a target I suppose. Again I would be very surprised by a move by Utah !!

Back