Geelong Cricket Chat 2010/11

Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 2010/11

cheer_cheer;399672 said:
there is one Hambrook playing at St Peter's at the moment, obviously the other one is a target I suppose. Again I would be very surprised by a move by Utah !!

i hope you dont shock easy then Daz. cos ive heard it from him that he might go there too.

Thomson Cricket Club

We are currently seeking a senior playing or non-playing coach for the 2010/11 season.

About The Club
This season the club will be participating in Division 1 of the Geelong Cricket Association, having recently been promoted from Division 2 on the back of several successful seasons.
The club currently fields 4 senior teams (Division 1 firsts through fourths), with a possible 5ths team being introduced this season (In the GCA, 1st and 2nds play on turf grounds and lower grades play on hard wickets). We also have teams in each of the U/11, U/13, U/15 and U/17 junior age groups, as well as an Milo in2cricket program for the younger kids.
Our clubrooms and ground have both been recently renovated, giving us excellent change-rooms, bar and function area, and making our ground one of the best playing surfaces in the region.
Last season all four senior sides played in the finals, with the 1st and 3rd XI's winning premierships. Our under 15's side also played off in a grand final. Along with this, the club has won the last two Division 2 club championships, highlighting our competitiveness across all grades.

What We Are Looking For
The club is a seeking a coach who will not only possess on-field ability, but the leadership and communication skills to develop our squad into an imposing division 1 outfit. A positive attitude towards cricket, along with a desire to develop younger players and a willingness to embrace our vibrant club culture are all musts. Experience playing and/or coaching a high level of cricket would be highly beneficial.

All applications can be sent to: secretary@thomsoncc.com.au
Applications will all be strictly confidential
Application close 31st May 2010
Contract and renumeration negotiable

Thomson Cricket Club

thommy_rissole;399712 said:
Thomson Cricket Club

We are currently seeking a senior playing or non-playing coach for the 2010/11 season.

About The Club
This season the club will be participating in Division 1 of the Geelong Cricket Association, having recently been promoted from Division 2 on the back of several successful seasons.
The club currently fields 4 senior teams (Division 1 firsts through fourths), with a possible 5ths team being introduced this season (In the GCA, 1st and 2nds play on turf grounds and lower grades play on hard wickets). We also have teams in each of the U/11, U/13, U/15 and U/17 junior age groups, as well as an Milo in2cricket program for the younger kids.
Our clubrooms and ground have both been recently renovated, giving us excellent change-rooms, bar and function area, and making our ground one of the best playing surfaces in the region.
Last season all four senior sides played in the finals, with the 1st and 3rd XI's winning premierships. Our under 15's side also played off in a grand final. Along with this, the club has won the last two Division 2 club championships, highlighting our competitiveness across all grades.

What We Are Looking For
The club is a seeking a coach who will not only possess on-field ability, but the leadership and communication skills to develop our squad into an imposing division 1 outfit. A positive attitude towards cricket, along with a desire to develop younger players and a willingness to embrace our vibrant club culture are all musts. Experience playing and/or coaching a high level of cricket would be highly beneficial.

All applications can be sent to: secretary@thomsoncc.com.au
Applications will all be strictly confidential
Application close 31st May 2010
Contract and renumeration negotiable

Thomson Cricket Club

I would have thought you's guys already have the correct leaders for the club cause you have been leading pretty well the last couple of seasons, so if you did not get a coach you have enough guys there at the club which could fill that role. You would specifically be looking for an on-field gun ?

daniel_son_91;399676 said:
i hope you dont shock easy then Daz. cos ive heard it from him that he might go there too.

I think we can end this discussion now as have spoken to the guys in question and although they had discussions with St Peter's in various formats they are very much aware that they are required players at South Barwon and are keen for a season of turf cricket at South next season !!

cheer_cheer;399722 said:
I would have thought you's guys already have the correct leaders for the club cause you have been leading pretty well the last couple of seasons, so if you did not get a coach you have enough guys there at the club which could fill that role. You would specifically be looking for an on-field gun ?

We're after a coach (playing or non-playing). Just advertising the job to see who shows an interest.

As for recruiting a 'gun' as you put it; I think our on-field set up is pretty handy. Obviously stepping up a rung now will test us some more but with a couple of inclusions we will be more than capable.

Recruiting these 'guns' around Geelong doesn't always lead to success unfortunately and it will cost you substantially in the process.

thommy_rissole;399792 said:
We're after a coach (playing or non-playing). Just advertising the job to see who shows an interest.

As for recruiting a 'gun' as you put it; I think our on-field set up is pretty handy. Obviously stepping up a rung now will test us some more but with a couple of inclusions we will be more than capable.

Recruiting these 'guns' around Geelong doesn't always lead to success unfortunately and it will cost you substantially in the process.

Good call Rissole, that makes a lot of sense. Your side last year was very handy as long as you get your Pommie gun back on board to add that extra strength. Grunta Booley has been telling me he is going to have great delight in taking my leg stump out when he plays against me, now that is a concern for me !!

cheer_cheer;399808 said:
Good call Rissole, that makes a lot of sense. Your side last year was very handy as long as you get your Pommie gun back on board to add that extra strength. Grunta Booley has been telling me he is going to have great delight in taking my leg stump out when he plays against me, now that is a concern for me !!

As long as he doesn't show you his middle stump we're all winners :D

Louis has said he intends on coming back, just all depends on what happens with work in the UK. It is very hard at the moment for anyone to get a job over there! We have contingency plans in place if it does fall through, but hopefully it comes to fruition.

ants14;399371 said:
We finalised a new captain/coach wednesday night, but I duno if I'm allowed to say who it is yet..it's a current player take from it what you will.

Dont know why you cant say who it is but anyway, I will. Its Sam Hall which is good news for North cause he wont ask for much. Good cricketer and a great bloke, hope he goes well. Heard the Brown boys might return

NIPPA;400062 said:
Dont know why you cant say who it is but anyway, I will. Its Sam Hall which is good news for North cause he wont ask for much. Good cricketer and a great bloke, hope he goes well. Heard the Brown boys might return

because some people crack the sads if I do that's why. Everyone now knows anyway, I posted that a week and a half a go.

NIPPA;400062 said:
ive heard brad might be on his way back but Jarrod may be going to A.T... personally i wouldnt mind having them both back tho

Season starting a week later this year. Don't really see the point I'd bet almost all clubs will have a practice match on the weekend after AFL Grand Final anyway, might as well of just played Rd1.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;400428 said:
Season starting a week later this year. Don't really see the point I'd bet almost all clubs will have a practice match on the weekend after AFL Grand Final anyway, might as well of just played Rd1.

season start late is due to the ICC World Cycling Championship the opening weekend of the season which means that their is going to be a fair bit of Geelong streets which are locked down from traffic which means it would make it hard for people to travel around to other grounds. Would make it hard to go across town and the COGG (as this cycling event is on a world stage) asked associations to delay their season for a week. And yes a few clubs will make use of this as a practice round, espeically the clubs in the area not affected by the cycling race, ala South Barwon and St Albans !!

cheer_cheer;400432 said:
season start late is due to the ICC World Cycling Championship the opening weekend of the season which means that their is going to be a fair bit of Geelong streets which are locked down from traffic which means it would make it hard for people to travel around to other grounds. Would make it hard to go across town and the COGG (as this cycling event is on a world stage) asked associations to delay their season for a week. And yes a few clubs will make use of this as a practice round, espeically the clubs in the area not affected by the cycling race, ala South Barwon and St Albans !!
season gets shrotened due lack of rain one year... and now its delayed due to a stupid cycling event.. wat a load of rubbish

So does that mean the season will be a week shorter, or will the season go for a week longer?

ants14;400442 said:
So does that mean the season will be a week shorter, or will the season go for a week longer?

a week shorter, cannot be any longer as football season begins.

ants14;400442 said:

cheer_cheer;400443 said:

I suspect when it comes around, everyone will be glad we're not playing on that first Saturday in October because it's gonna be very difficult to get anywhere in Geelong based on the lockdown of streets that COGG is proposing. Would be hilarious if the AFL GF had Geelong in it and was tied, and therefore had to be replayed that next weekend the cycling is scheduled. The bogans wouldn't appreciate finding out they won't be allowed into town to congregate en masse.

It will be interesting to see if the cycling has any effect on the GCA's decision whether or not to schedule an 11-round season so that everyone plays each other only once. Would mean only 2 x 1-day games, remainder 2-dayers. Seemed to be a few more voices than usual in favour of the 11-round season at the GCA general meeting last week. Overall not a really exciting meeting - the most anyone got animated was when GCA life membership criteria was discussed. Many a great shit-fight at club level has come about over this very issue; maybe now at Association level as well. :)

cheer_cheer;400443 said:

that stinks, why does cricket have to be the one that suffers, footy can have shorter season

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;400428 said:

Its the GCA, of course it makes perfect sense:rolleyes:

Back