Geelong Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat

right arm medium;321529 said:
Will cricket be played this weekend?

From the GCA Website:

For the senior grades the following two tier system will apply:
At 9am on Saturday morning the Geelong forecast will be checked on the Bureau of Meteorology website. If the forecast for Geelong is 35 degrees or higher, the 5ths, 6ths and 7ths matches will be called off. This is because these matches are mostly played on isolated grounds with no shade, nor club room facility and no running water. Also the players in these grades are generally older players and younger junior players.
If the forecast for Geelong at the bureau website is for 40 degrees or higher, all cricket will be cancelled for the day.Notification will be placed on the GCA Web-site of Outcome.

BOM reports forecast for Saturday for Melbourne
CityWindy and shower or two. Min24 Max43
This is ridiculous. A quick check of the forecast for Warrnambool shows to be 32 on Saturday, which would mean that it's not going to be stinking hot in Geelong all day.

tugga1;321674 said:
This is ridiculous. A quick check of the forecast for Warrnambool shows to be 32 on Saturday, which would mean that it's not going to be stinking hot in Geelong all day.

In which case all games go ahead as planned, I'm not sure why this is ridiculous.

EDIT: At last check the forecast had gone up to 44. Could be some bad news for the bears.

a for effort;321770 said:
In which case all games go ahead as planned, I'm not sure why this is ridiculous.

EDIT: At last check the forecast had gone up to 44. Could be some bad news for the bears.

Yep.. Can see it right here..
Geelong Forecast

Forecast for Saturday
Sunny day. Isolated light showers during the evening. Winds north to northwesterly averaging up to 25 km/h, increasing to 40 to 50 km/h during the morning. Winds shifting cooler, gusty southwesterly 35 to 45 km/h late afternoon.

Geelong Windy and shower or two. Min 19 Max 44

For interests sake. Warrnambool 36 Saturday

Who is the happiest club in Geelong if its called off?
All GCA1 game evenly poised except Leopold Newtown, and South looking good as well.
GCA2 - Manifold struggling, St Peters chasing heaps, Murg struggling, Torquay the big winners with first innings points already.

tugga1;321674 said:

thommy_rissole;321558 said:
Would it always be a bye when you play against a team Ben Smiljanic's in Mr Nichols?

Rumour has it that you always seem to have something on matchday when you're scheduled to play him. I quote the great man

IE: this season, moving house I do believe.
Which 1st XI cricketers move house on a Saturday? :confused:

Was busy. no need to justify myself to you!

just be thankful that i spared mr Smiljanic.

a for effort;321770 said:

Yep.. Can see it right here..
Geelong Forecast

Forecast for Saturday
Sunny day. Isolated light showers during the evening. Winds north to northwesterly averaging up to 25 km/h, increasing to 40 to 50 km/h during the morning. Winds shifting cooler, gusty southwesterly 35 to 45 km/h late afternoon.

Geelong Windy and shower or two. Min 19 Max 44

For interests sake. Warrnambool 36 Saturday

Who is the happiest club in Geelong if its called off?
All GCA1 game evenly poised except Leopold Newtown, and South looking good as well.
GCA2 - Manifold struggling, St Peters chasing heaps, Murg struggling, Torquay the big winners with first innings points already.

crktluva;321654 said:
i can cop playing div 2 and loyal, but hiding in the old churches league cleaning up old blokes and fun type cricketers and being super happy about it when you are clearly too good for the league. Cmon, gimme a break. But, i might be wrong, he could just have really strong ties to the club and if so i commend him for it, but dont come on here every two months tell us all how good you are then slag off big time at others because of where they live and who they play for. he knows what im talkin about too. :mad: in case ya didnt guess.

Sooky sooky la la.

I am a god , hence why i played in the churches comp.

It was a little joke and people got their knickers in a knot.

WOO GO FROGS

thommy_rissole;321558 said:
Would it always be a bye when you play against a team Ben Smiljanic's in Mr Nichols?

Rumour has it that you always seem to have something on matchday when you're scheduled to play him. I quote the great man

IE: this season, moving house I do believe.
Which 1st XI cricketers move house on a Saturday? :confused:

Bnichols;321967 said:

I suppose a man needs to move house, when a man needs to move house.

No justification needed.

crktluva;321654 said:
i can cop playing div 2 and loyal, but hiding in the old churches league cleaning up old blokes and fun type cricketers and being super happy about it when you are clearly too good for the league. Cmon, gimme a break. But, i might be wrong, he could just have really strong ties to the club and if so i commend him for it, but dont come on here every two months tell us all how good you are then slag off big time at others because of where they live and who they play for. he knows what im talkin about too. :mad: in case ya didnt guess.

Sooky sooky la la.

I am a god , hence why i played in the churches comp.

It was a little joke and people got their knickers in a knot.

WOO GO FROGS

thommy_rissole;321979 said:

No justification needed.

i think this fool should sign up as a cheetah, would fit right in with his comments on here.

Bnichols;321967 said:

No justification needed.

just some thoughts on who has the best and worst spreads at tea break, i'm putting thomy up there with the best with waurn ponds a very close 2nd and after last weekend the A.T vikings have come home storming in last. homeless people get better spreads.
i will have to say the most surprising was when we played corio in the 4ths at flinders peak secondary about 15 year ago and they supplied fish&chips on the bonnet of a beat up old VC commodore.

thommy_rissole;321979 said:

No justification needed.

i think this fool should sign up as a cheetah, would fit right in with his comments on here.

pencil in 11;322068 said:
just some thoughts on who has the best and worst spreads at tea break, i'm putting thomy up there with the best with waurn ponds a very close 2nd and after last weekend the A.T vikings have come home storming in last. homeless people get better spreads.
i will have to say the most surprising was when we played corio in the 4ths at flinders peak secondary about 15 year ago and they supplied fish&chips on the bonnet of a beat up old VC commodore.

A few years ago the Waurn Ponds spread was 6 boxes of barbeque shapes. Recently it's been a banquet, hot dogs, mini parmies, sausage rolls, fruit, cake and more. Truly a pleasure for the team that bats second.

we had Geelong West in the 1st XI the other day on a Sunday and it was unbelievable. They had sandwiches, sausage rolls, party pies, frankfurts, scones, big-m's, cakes, donughts, chocolate coated ice cream cones. There was seriously enough food to have for 6 sides. unfortunately we were about to bowl in the one day game, so missed out on pigging out big time. Apparently one of the guys grandmother does the whole lot. But in comparison the guys that played against the West 3rd XI said there arvo tea consisted of tim tams, bbq shapes, bbq shapes and bbq shapes !! hehe, but the 1st XI made up for the lot !!

A few years ago the Waurn Ponds spread was 6 boxes of barbeque shapes. Recently it's been a banquet, hot dogs, mini parmies, sausage rolls, fruit, cake and more. Truly a pleasure for the team that bats second.

gca_ipl;322074 said:
we had Geelong West in the 1st XI the other day on a Sunday and it was unbelievable. They had sandwiches, sausage rolls, party pies, frankfurts, scones, big-m's, cakes, donughts, chocolate coated ice cream cones. There was seriously enough food to have for 6 sides. unfortunately we were about to bowl in the one day game, so missed out on pigging out big time. Apparently one of the guys grandmother does the whole lot. But in comparison the guys that played against the West 3rd XI said there arvo tea consisted of tim tams, bbq shapes, bbq shapes and bbq shapes !! hehe, but the 1st XI made up for the lot !!

Having just been dismissed for a golden duck and our team precariously placed at the Viking coop, the only thing keeping me happy was the knowledge that afternoon tea was 15 minutes away. Like myself, many of the Thomson 1st XI envisaged a glorious banquet of sandwiches, sausage rolls, fruit and maybe some cake that I hadn't even heard of before.

Much to my distest, afternoon tea wasn't served upon our arrival upstairs at Alexander Thomson, after an arduous 3 minutes with only cordial to consume finally some movement was being made in the kitchen. Now I was beginning to be happy.

Then revelations were relayed back to me from former Viking Chris Strods that AT's afternoon policy was as follows:

"Each 1st XI member is to bring a plate of food, fruit or otherwise for afternoon tea"

As I saw the stale tarts, 3 day old foccacia bread and half eaten box of shapes my heart started to cry.

I found my wallet and a brisk 2 minute car drive and $25 later the Thomson Tigers were feasting on chicken and salad sanga's courtesy of Highton Safeway.

The morale of the story: AT's afternoon tea is an embarassment.

St Peters roster on two wives or girlfriends each week; one from each participating grade. They then put togethert the sandwiches, hot food and fruit platters. Not saying it's one of the best but it's ok compared to some other places. God love the girls. Very happy with Thomson this year; Manifold Heights was ok as well.

gca_ipl;322074 said:

Having just been dismissed for a golden duck and our team precariously placed at the Viking coop, the only thing keeping me happy was the knowledge that afternoon tea was 15 minutes away. Like myself, many of the Thomson 1st XI envisaged a glorious banquet of sandwiches, sausage rolls, fruit and maybe some cake that I hadn't even heard of before.

Much to my distest, afternoon tea wasn't served upon our arrival upstairs at Alexander Thomson, after an arduous 3 minutes with only cordial to consume finally some movement was being made in the kitchen. Now I was beginning to be happy.

Then revelations were relayed back to me from former Viking Chris Strods that AT's afternoon policy was as follows:

"Each 1st XI member is to bring a plate of food, fruit or otherwise for afternoon tea"

As I saw the stale tarts, 3 day old foccacia bread and half eaten box of shapes my heart started to cry.

I found my wallet and a brisk 2 minute car drive and $25 later the Thomson Tigers were feasting on chicken and salad sanga's courtesy of Highton Safeway.

thommy_rissole;322079 said:

I feel best placed to comment on this Shaun/Sean.... Bell Park. Ask Aldridge.

1 x Savoury Bread (Uncut)
1 x Small platter of very average sandwiches.
1 x large bag of chicken Twisties (Stolen by Matty Slater)

FACT

St Peters roster on two wives or girlfriends each week; one from each participating grade. They then put togethert the sandwiches, hot food and fruit platters. Not saying it's one of the best but it's ok compared to some other places. God love the girls. Very happy with Thomson this year; Manifold Heights was ok as well.

Renny24;322085 said:

St Peters smoko last wknd was very good, party pies and sausage rolls and those things that look like a sausage roll but there's a little hot dog in there absolute gold, hopefully we'll get the same 2moro

thommy_rissole;322079 said:

I feel best placed to comment on this Shaun/Sean.... Bell Park. Ask Aldridge.

1 x Savoury Bread (Uncut)
1 x Small platter of very average sandwiches.
1 x large bag of chicken Twisties (Stolen by Matty Slater)

FACT

crktluva;321654 said:

It does surprise me that some of you actually really think it's B Nichols posting to these forums. It's a guy from Little River that he had regular run-ins with, when the two clubs played. Those in the know would not find it that hard to work out when they read all the posts. He's just taking the piss, and some of you are buying it.

For the record Nichols played all his junior cricket at Murgheboluc, went to Manifold (then Geelong Cement), Geelong in the VCA, back to Mano for a few games, then Murgheboluc again when the club moved to King Lloyd Reserve. His older brother was President at the time.

Renny24;322085 said:

St Peters smoko last wknd was very good, party pies and sausage rolls and those things that look like a sausage roll but there's a little hot dog in there absolute gold, hopefully we'll get the same 2moro

Look here;322144 said:
It does surprise me that some of you actually really think it's B Nichols posting to these forums. It's a guy from Little River that he had regular run-ins with, when the two clubs played. Those in the know would not find it that hard to work out when they read all the posts. He's just taking the piss, and some of you are buying it.

For the record Nichols played all his junior cricket at Murgheboluc, went to Manifold (then Geelong Cement), Geelong in the VCA, back to Mano for a few games, then Murgheboluc again when the club moved to King Lloyd Reserve. His older brother was President at the time.

if this is true, b nichols needs to pay this pest(ill be nice) a little visit and sort him out. be stuffed if id have someone on here degrading and carrying on like a tool under my name. admin team, you should ban this imposter immediately.

crktluva;321654 said:

Look here;322144 said:

if this is true, b nichols needs to pay this pest(ill be nice) a little visit and sort him out. be stuffed if id have someone on here degrading and carrying on like a tool under my name. admin team, you should ban this imposter immediately.

crktluva;322159 said:

You would be stuffed. Who are you??? no one knows who you are. Other than a sook, that takes offence to everything. No one would bother coming under your name, as no one cares about you!

WOO GO FROGS

Bnichols;322167 said:
You would be stuffed. Who are you??? no one knows who you are. Other than a sook, that takes offence to everything. No one would bother coming under your name, as no one cares about you!

WOO GO FROGS

i dont take offence to everything, you know what you said about corio was out of line and every one on here would agree. and most regulars on here know who i am, but you just hide under your covers and prey the corio boys dont figure out who you are. coz i know they're not happy. and for the record, im not from corio but i grew up around there.

crktluva;322159 said:

WOO GO FROGS

crktluva;322169 said:
i dont take offence to everything, you know what you said about corio was out of line and every one on here would agree. and most regulars on here know who i am, but you just hide under your covers and prey the corio boys dont figure out who you are. coz i know they're not happy. and for the record, im not from corio but i grew up around there.

Seriously, it was a joke, maybe distasteful, but wasnt meant to offend.

Believe me, im not losing any sleep.

Bnichols;322167 said:

WOO GO FROGS

top arvo spreads in my long extended career.

Lara, marshall, wallington, anglesea, st peters, geel west, grovedale. all great:D

guild, barrabool, winchelsea, AT, sth barwon mid 90's, disgraceful:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back