Geelong Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat

crktluva;322169 said:
i dont take offence to everything, you know what you said about corio was out of line and every one on here would agree. and most regulars on here know who i am, but you just hide under your covers and prey the corio boys dont figure out who you are. coz i know they're not happy. and for the record, im not from corio but i grew up around there.

Seriously, it was a joke, maybe distasteful, but wasnt meant to offend.

Believe me, im not losing any sleep.

Bnichols;322172 said:

if you played at corio or where from there and read what you posted, im tipping you would have been pretty offended. lets just leave it at that ok. end of subject for me.

top arvo spreads in my long extended career.

Lara, marshall, wallington, anglesea, st peters, geel west, grovedale. all great:D

guild, barrabool, winchelsea, AT, sth barwon mid 90's, disgraceful:mad:

crktluva;322174 said:
if you played at corio or where from there and read what you posted, im tipping you would have been pretty offended. lets just leave it at that ok. end of subject for me.

No worries. Its Friday, And I think i deserve a nice tall glass of milk, you my friend, grab a froffie, put your feet up and watch the aussies get smashed!

WOO GO FROGS

On a serious note, pretty good effort from the grozandovski's to have 4 members of the family in the one side!

Bnichols;322172 said:

crktluva;322173 said:

Lara, marshall, wallington, anglesea, st peters, geel west, grovedale. all great:D

mid 90's that's a bit tough, why not talk about what the arvo teas where like in the mid 80's and maybe 70's before the BBQ shape was invented. I reckon we talk about now not 15 years ago. BTW, can you please detail the spread put out by the Wallington boys, how it is prepared, etc. And also how does Boofa rate them.

crktluva;322174 said:

No worries. Its Friday, And I think i deserve a nice tall glass of milk, you my friend, grab a froffie, put your feet up and watch the aussies get smashed!

WOO GO FROGS

On a serious note, pretty good effort from the grozandovski's to have 4 members of the family in the one side!

From our glory days in div 1 ,remember North Geelong had a few lovely old ladies that put on the best spread going round,great sangas and homebaked sausage rolls and cakes galore with real cream,which was some relief whist Ross Almer made 199.
The worst smoko,i wont mention the club but involved a bucket of kfc and 2 warm bottles of pepsi,not great on a 30 plus degree day

crktluva;322173 said:

mid 90's that's a bit tough, why not talk about what the arvo teas where like in the mid 80's and maybe 70's before the BBQ shape was invented. I reckon we talk about now not 15 years ago. BTW, can you please detail the spread put out by the Wallington boys, how it is prepared, etc. And also how does Boofa rate them.

Bnichols;322175 said:

WOO GO FROGS

30 step run up this week Benny? or maybe pull a heart string and come off ten:D

From our glory days in div 1 ,remember North Geelong had a few lovely old ladies that put on the best spread going round,great sangas and homebaked sausage rolls and cakes galore with real cream,which was some relief whist Ross Almer made 199.
The worst smoko,i wont mention the club but involved a bucket of kfc and 2 warm bottles of pepsi,not great on a 30 plus degree day

DENTED HALO;322365 said:

Nothing wrong with that is there.... east belmont did that one day.. i thort it was pretty good

Bnichols;322175 said:

WOO GO FROGS

gca_ipl;322305 said:

Camos misses and benny's misses make about three trestle tables of food. chicken, egg and lettuce, salad, tomato and ham, curried egg sangas in the little triangles, about 6 plates full. then we get bbq chicken pizzas made on muffins, sometimes meat lovers pizzas too, about 3 plates of those, they dissapear real quick. fruit platters with grapes, pineapple, watermelon and oranges, about 3 plates. 2 plates of scones with jam and cream. 2 cakes cut up for the fat pricks. some shapes and even had flavoured icy poles last week. it blows smorgys away mate. boofa loves the place, every club freaks out, they all comment on it. come out for a squiz today dazza and ya can give usome feedback on the web site. it shits ya when ya play away, ya just wanna play 2nds every 2nd game for the feed. there is often some left over. i finally admitted a while back it was better than marshalls. but lara still top of the heap, when i played there it was off the charts. that enough detail.

DENTED HALO;322365 said:

Nothing wrong with that is there.... east belmont did that one day.. i thort it was pretty good

well dazza just when i thought the arvo tea could not get better, they raised the bar again yetserday. much to both sides utter utter utter delight they added fruit salads with ice cream in plastic pots 375ml. i urge all big cricket fans to get clearances asap for the 09/10 season to wallington. i will get a photo of this spread next match and post it so gca-ipl can see it for real.

gca_ipl;322305 said:

Camos misses and benny's misses make about three trestle tables of food. chicken, egg and lettuce, salad, tomato and ham, curried egg sangas in the little triangles, about 6 plates full. then we get bbq chicken pizzas made on muffins, sometimes meat lovers pizzas too, about 3 plates of those, they dissapear real quick. fruit platters with grapes, pineapple, watermelon and oranges, about 3 plates. 2 plates of scones with jam and cream. 2 cakes cut up for the fat pricks. some shapes and even had flavoured icy poles last week. it blows smorgys away mate. boofa loves the place, every club freaks out, they all comment on it. come out for a squiz today dazza and ya can give usome feedback on the web site. it shits ya when ya play away, ya just wanna play 2nds every 2nd game for the feed. there is often some left over. i finally admitted a while back it was better than marshalls. but lara still top of the heap, when i played there it was off the charts. that enough detail.

No doubt in my mind that the GCA got the cancellation decision right yesterday. 47 degrees in Geelong with that horrendous wind. Hottest ever recorded temperature in the city since record-keeping started well over 100 years ago; sounds like a good enough excuse to not play for me.

well dazza just when i thought the arvo tea could not get better, they raised the bar again yetserday. much to both sides utter utter utter delight they added fruit salads with ice cream in plastic pots 375ml. i urge all big cricket fans to get clearances asap for the 09/10 season to wallington. i will get a photo of this spread next match and post it so gca-ipl can see it for real.

Renny24;322823 said:
No doubt in my mind that the GCA got the cancellation decision right yesterday. 47 degrees in Geelong with that horrendous wind. Hottest ever recorded temperature in the city since record-keeping started well over 100 years ago; sounds like a good enough excuse to not play for me.

I went outside at about 11:30 and nearly melted walking 15 metres to the car. The BPCA players are madmen.

a for effort;322824 said:
I went outside at about 11:30 and nearly melted walking 15 metres to the car. The BPCA players are madmen.

dont confuse toughness with madness:rolleyes: actually its probably a bit of both. trust me boys it was hot, would not do it again if we didnt need the win for finals.

Renny24;322823 said:

we started play in 2s at breakwater but bout 30-45 mins in it looked like the ump was bout 2 cark it so we pulled the pin

a for effort;322824 said:

dont confuse toughness with madness:rolleyes: actually its probably a bit of both. trust me boys it was hot, would not do it again if we didnt need the win for finals.

mdf30586;322863 said:
we started play in 2s at breakwater but bout 30-45 mins in it looked like the ump was bout 2 cark it so we pulled the pin

who was the umpire ? Gino Moro the legend just told barwon heads v ocean grove, sorry boys too hot, ya not playing.

mdf30586;322863 said:

who was the umpire ? Gino Moro the legend just told barwon heads v ocean grove, sorry boys too hot, ya not playing.

Buddy23#;322373 said:

Buddy23# (and anyone else who hadn't realised) - "Bnichols" ain't Ben Nichols!

Good to see the impostor is banned from further posts - anyone know how long for? Indefinitely I trust?!?!?

Unfortunately the guy doing it has previously made a handful of posts under another user name, so we'll still have some crud come thru I suppose.

Pretty happy to see GCA cricket called off last weekend - not that I was playing. Still remember that Australia Day weekend 6 years ago with the then highest ever temp recorded in Geelong. Every single one of our senior sides lost the toss that day. That was bloody hot, hard work!

No doubt most will see the cancellation as good or bad according to the position of their club's games. In GCA Div 2, Marshall and North Shore would be spewing. Possibly Torquay too, but they still got 3 more points than everyone else. The Surf Coast Tigers seem to be going OK at the moment and might give Thomson their toughest gig for a while (I still think Thomson would've rolled AT if the match had continued last weekend, despite not protecting a great score).

What's happening with Mano? Missing out in a few close games, but North Shore seemed to be about to flog 'em.

Look here;323309 said:

Good to see the impostor is banned from further posts - anyone know how long for? Indefinitely I trust?!?!?

Unfortunately the guy doing it has previously made a handful of posts under another user name, so we'll still have some crud come thru I suppose.

Pretty happy to see GCA cricket called off last weekend - not that I was playing. Still remember that Australia Day weekend 6 years ago with the then highest ever temp recorded in Geelong. Every single one of our senior sides lost the toss that day. That was bloody hot, hard work!

No doubt most will see the cancellation as good or bad according to the position of their club's games. In GCA Div 2, Marshall and North Shore would be spewing. Possibly Torquay too, but they still got 3 more points than everyone else. The Surf Coast Tigers seem to be going OK at the moment and might give Thomson their toughest gig for a while (I still think Thomson would've rolled AT if the match had continued last weekend, despite not protecting a great score).

What's happening with Mano? Missing out in a few close games, but North Shore seemed to be about to flog 'em.
Sorry Ben.:D

Buddy23#;322373 said:

Look here;323309 said:

Sorry Ben.:D

DENTED HALO;322365 said:

Especially if you play with gaylard. he would have demolished it within seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back