Geelong Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat

cow-corner;324166 said:
the addy says the div 3 1sts on Modda no.2 and the div 3 3rds on Modda no.1? surely they would have the 1sts on the front ground. was tons better when i played country week on it last month. mix-up or are the GCA stupid???? :confused:

possibly both mate, they have proven to be exactly that on more than one occasion, but id say mis print.

Buddy23#;324191 said:
The second ground is supposed to be in heaps better nick then the main ground so i don't think it was a misprint.

1st ground looks in much better nick from memory, also no facilities on the back ground, a covered piece of concrete which couldnt possibly be used for a 1st XI grand final, killer cordial there though :D

crktluva;324176 said:
possibly both mate, they have proven to be exactly that on more than one occasion, but id say mis print.
The second ground is supposed to be in heaps better nick then the main ground so i don't think it was a misprint.

gca_ipl;324083 said:
I hope it works out with a belter of a wicket produced but although Geelong might have the best outfield in the region their wicket is not any better then the best local squares in Geelong. Our past two VB T20 experiences at the Geelong CC have not been great either, so let's hope their curators can get it right for this game.

Geelong CC have the best ground and wicket combination in Geelong. There are no gca clubs that come close to it in Geelong. There are quite a few good wickets around, but none can offer a cricket shaped ground, with an outfield that is basically perfect.
I hope Geelong get behind this venture because it is a great opportunity for them to show off their facilities and also look at it as being a financially successful weekend for themselves as well.

Buddy23#;324191 said:

1st ground looks in much better nick from memory, also no facilities on the back ground, a covered piece of concrete which couldnt possibly be used for a 1st XI grand final, killer cordial there though :D

right arm medium;324247 said:
Geelong CC have the best ground and wicket combination in Geelong. There are no gca clubs that come close to it in Geelong. There are quite a few good wickets around, but none can offer a cricket shaped ground, with an outfield that is basically perfect.
I hope Geelong get behind this venture because it is a great opportunity for them to show off their facilities and also look at it as being a financially successful weekend for themselves as well.

That is the thing also, why would/should the Geelong CC make money from the GCA grand finals, at the very least the GCA should be looking to cash in where they can.

gca_ipl;324083 said:
I hope it works out with a belter of a wicket produced but although Geelong might have the best outfield in the region their wicket is not any better then the best local squares in Geelong. Our past two VB T20 experiences at the Geelong CC have not been great either, so let's hope their curators can get it right for this game.

is south not a cricket shaped ground????:confused:

That is the thing also, why would/should the Geelong CC make money from the GCA grand finals, at the very least the GCA should be looking to cash in where they can.

I think all cricketers in Geelong (and anywhere) should wear black armbands and hold a min silence before the start of their respective games this weekend in respect to the bushfire that have ravaged the state over the past week.

is south not a cricket shaped ground????:confused:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;324392 said:
I think all cricketers in Geelong (and anywhere) should wear black armbands and hold a min silence before the start of their respective games this weekend in respect to the bushfire that have ravaged the state over the past week.

yerp i agree

absolutly.

yerp i agree

GCA one step ahead of you boys; email to all clubs went out this morning.

absolutly.

GCA one step ahead of you boys; email to all clubs went out this morning.

right arm medium;324481 said:
Great shaped ground - yes
Great wicket - yes

hehe, I think you have missed one thing off your three comments, or was it subtly missed ? It is in pretty good shape for one of the only ovals in Geelong which has not had $30K of works done to it.

right arm medium;324481 said:
Great shaped ground - yes
Great wicket - yes

hehe, I think you have missed one thing off your three comments, or was it subtly missed ? It is in pretty good shape for one of the only ovals in Geelong which has not had $30K of works done to it.

gca_ipl;324558 said:

The ground is in amazing shape I must say... As are your club rooms! ;)

right arm medium;324776 said:

only purpose built cricket rooms, other than Marshall. Wait until next season, something pretty special should be taking place. Might make you camp out the front then :)

gca_ipl;324558 said:

gca_ipl;324782 said:
only purpose built cricket rooms, other than Marshall. Wait until next season, something pretty special should be taking place. Might make you camp out the front then :)

something special? demolish your rooms there sh*t. clearly south barwon not the best place to play grand final otherwise gca would of chose it. you just want it at south barwon so everyone puts money into your club. you have the worst rooms and the worst supporters.

right arm medium;324776 said:

gca_ipl;324782 said:

yes, didnt i do a lovely job there dazza.

gca_ipl;324782 said:

something special? demolish your rooms there sh*t. clearly south barwon not the best place to play grand final otherwise gca would of chose it. you just want it at south barwon so everyone puts money into your club. you have the worst rooms and the worst supporters.

identity_unknown;324840 said:

Easy Tiger...

gca_ipl;324782 said:

yes, didnt i do a lovely job there dazza.

not sure if we all agree with everything the GCA does, we all have our own opinions. Well putting money into the club is an added bonus for making your wicket one of the best in the league. Clubrooms aren't going to be as big as some of the football clubs around the place, after all ours were made from an old garage shed which was brought for the equivalent of less than $100. Not bad for that.

Easy Tiger...

not sure if we all agree with everything the GCA does, we all have our own opinions. Well putting money into the club is an added bonus for making your wicket one of the best in the league. Clubrooms aren't going to be as big as some of the football clubs around the place, after all ours were made from an old garage shed which was brought for the equivalent of less than $100. Not bad for that.

gca_ipl;324952 said:

best decision the gca have ever made playing the grand final at geelong. no home gound advantage to any team and geelong easily the best ground in geelong.

identity_unknown;325073 said:
best decision the gca have ever made playing the grand final at geelong. no home gound advantage to any team and geelong easily the best ground in geelong.

ok, no home ground advantage for sure. Only time will tell if the decision was the right one. I am just hoping Geelong prepare some good wickets, which I am sure they will have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back