Geelong Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat

Keeper;292730 said:
mid way through the season pretty much... who will get promoted from Div 2 to Div 1? Mano looking good, and Murghe playing well both in the 1sts aswell as all grades... Both are very even in the Club Champs... Could the new turf wicket in the off season, see them getting promoted or will they stay down?

murghe nowhere near ready for div 1. need to be consistenlty strong in div 2 first, they are still to prove themselves as turf competitive before even considering div 1. a move up to div 1 would be suicidal as a club and id say they would agree with that. get the turf put in first and then see how 1st and 2nds handle it before even considering it.

Jurassic Park;292787 said:
Fire up there ants. Lets just hope you can back the rant up that your having. And just to let you know we have been playing at Thomson since ummm Round 3. So unless you have been reading the papers ( oh thats right the geelong Addy cant get it right either) you would have realised that NDCC's home ground has been Godfrey St 1XI + 2nd XI. i agree norths ground is fantasitc but when you go play at BPH do ring them and say " Our ground is better and i want to sit on Santa's knee on Sunday can we please play at our ground"
Not Fair. sook sook f****n sook. build a bridge. And if you do beat us which im pressuming by what you have said then i will be the first to shake your hand at the end of the day. . . hence hence hence f****n hence.

I hate rain and now no f****n cricket till next week AT THOMSON SUNDAY.

NO SANTA CLAUS.

Wallington for Premiers. . . Camo all the way !!!!!!
Yer it was me that sed it and not ants.. but now being a one day game i think it makes the game a more even contest now.. still i hate sunday cricket.. but bring on next week.. and bring on the beers

tim finnigan;292918 said:
should get a better job

yeh writing for big cricket full time doesnt really pay well. haha. maybe i shold take my match reports to the addy. considering i write 5 times more than browning does, does that mean i would get 5 times his pay cheque?

pencil in 11;292806 said:
no cricket today, absolutely fantastic as my bucks night is on tonight and now we can smash in early. god bless mother nature.

I wouldn't have gone even if i was invited.

in the V;292561 said:
what a crock of **** i agree with ants why not play on the best ground available i can tell you i play for north and wasnt really happy that the ground had been changed lets just hope that pitch is better than we played on last year against east belmont. and also dont think its real fair to a club that was told three weeks ago that we were playing at north on the sunday only to be ball bagged with hardly any noticed. what about the tommy twos playing on sunday at king llyod on the hard stuff wouldn u think they would like to play home on the grass

Why are you guys constantly whinging about Newcomb changing grounds?

It's there home game and they can play it wherever they feel like, regardless of if it's your Christmas Party.

Should be looking at the positives... you guys don't have to do the covers Saturday night.

Not that it would bother North becuase when a club borrows your ground for Sunday cricket you make them come out and do the covers themselves.

Great blokes :( :mad:

thommy_rissole;293248 said:
Why are you guys constantly whinging about Newcomb changing grounds?

It's there home game and they can play it wherever they feel like, regardless of if it's your Christmas Party.

Should be looking at the positives... you guys don't have to do the covers Saturday night.

Not that it would bother North becuase when a club borrows your ground for Sunday cricket you make them come out and do the covers themselves.

Great blokes :( :mad:
rissole.... take it easy.. ur mates with tone... but still doin covers takes 5 mins.. and we did it for north shore. sorry if i was in a different state wen thommy played there but still.. we got told 3 weeks ago that we were there... bit unlkky that we're playing away now i rekkon... thats all

I Bowl Meat Pies;293511 said:
rissole.... take it easy.. ur mates with tone... but still doin covers takes 5 mins.. and we did it for north shore. sorry if i was in a different state wen thommy played there but still.. we got told 3 weeks ago that we were there... bit unlkky that we're playing away now i rekkon... thats all

I know it only takes 5 minutes and I wasn't having a go at Ants or you, was having a dig at whoever thought it was a good idea to make a team come out the night before and do the covers when they are paying for the privelidge to use your ground.

Pretty average i would've thought.

As for this supposedly Christmas Party debacle, it's not your Home game so they can play it anywhere they like, even on the bloody moon if approved by the GCA.

A weeks notice is plenty, i suppose it's just bad timing that its your club's Christmas Party.

thommy_rissole;293544 said:
I know it only takes 5 minutes and I wasn't having a go at Ants or you, was having a dig at whoever thought it was a good idea to make a team come out the night before and do the covers when they are paying for the privelidge to use your ground.

Pretty average i would've thought.

As for this supposedly Christmas Party debacle, it's not your Home game so they can play it anywhere they like, even on the bloody moon if approved by the GCA.

A weeks notice is plenty, i suppose it's just bad timing that its your club's Christmas Party.
Yer thats it.. i would of actually thort our club could of just put our hands up and sed we'll look after the covers.. but ah well

and yer there home game they can play it where the like is true as well... its more just the xmas party and the further travel home after gettin pissed all day next week

ok, a couple of images on the Addy Website from the weekend.

Firstly the #1 most photographed oval when we get a bit of rain, the old South Barwon #6 or as we call it "THE MOON" again underwater !!

Geelong Advertiser - Rain, rain, rain

I think we should get royalties for everytime this gets put into the Addy !!

Now speaking of royalty here is our very own Cricket Lover, I like the umbrella in both shots, but also the second shot which almost looks out of a Target catalogue !!

gca_ipl;293914 said:
ok, a couple of images on the Addy Website from the weekend.

Firstly the #1 most photographed oval when we get a bit of rain, the old South Barwon #6 or as we call it "THE MOON" again underwater !!

I think we should get royalties for everytime this gets put into the Addy !!

Now speaking of royalty here is our very own Cricket Lover, I like the umbrella in both shots, but also the second shot which almost looks out of a Target catalogue !!

CRKTLOVER please explain why you'd have your whites on? The only thing I took Saturday was a stubbie holder, form guide and some $1 & $2 coins for cards.

Do you sleep in them Friday nights:p

yo strods are you coming sunday?
if so, can u please ensure that there at least three beers waiting for me as soon as we finish??
that can repay what you owe me, cos isnt that bloks 2 bucks sunday special on?

ants14;294037 said:
yo strods are you coming sunday?
if so, can u please ensure that there at least three beers waiting for me as soon as we finish??
that can repay what you owe me, cos isnt that bloks 2 bucks sunday special on?

i can help u with this ants... this sunday will be "shuper sunday stocktake sale" on at thomson, everything must go!! so says big red rooter!! ;)

mmmm beer, screw our christmas party im stayen at thommo all night. which if anyone was interested has been postponed til a 4pm start, a twilight event.
see everyones happy :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back