Geelong Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat

gca_ipl;324952 said:
not sure if we all agree with everything the GCA does, we all have our own opinions. Well putting money into the club is an added bonus for making your wicket one of the best in the league. Clubrooms aren't going to be as big as some of the football clubs around the place, after all ours were made from an old garage shed which was brought for the equivalent of less than $100. Not bad for that.

best decision the gca have ever made playing the grand final at geelong. no home gound advantage to any team and geelong easily the best ground in geelong.

identity_unknown;324840 said:
something special? demolish your rooms there sh*t. clearly south barwon not the best place to play grand final otherwise gca would of chose it. you just want it at south barwon so everyone puts money into your club. you have the worst rooms and the worst supporters.

hahaha, wat a joke. obviously ur a loser. tear up somewhere else p**f

identity_unknown;325073 said:
best decision the gca have ever made playing the grand final at geelong. no home gound advantage to any team and geelong easily the best ground in geelong.

ok, no home ground advantage for sure. Only time will tell if the decision was the right one. I am just hoping Geelong prepare some good wickets, which I am sure they will have to.

Babies Arm;325170 said:
hayy south boys.. well done yesti i spose... speakin in the rooms last night.. the great man alf clark had plenty of praise for ur table... even saying that there easily the best wickets in geelong he's seen for awhile.. and well the old fossil has been around for awhile.. so well done on that

identity_unknown;324840 said:
something special? demolish your rooms there sh*t. clearly south barwon not the best place to play grand final otherwise gca would of chose it. you just want it at south barwon so everyone puts money into your club. you have the worst rooms and the worst supporters.

Babies Arm;325170 said:
hayy south boys.. well done yesti i spose... speakin in the rooms last night.. the great man alf clark had plenty of praise for ur table... even saying that there easily the best wickets in geelong he's seen for awhile.. and well the old fossil has been around for awhile.. so well done on that

I Bowl Meat Pies;325270 said:
this is one of the most discusting things ive ever seen in hard wicket cricket

http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/com...loc=/cricket/reports/match.asp&matchID=513934

todd elsey.. ex north geelong 1sts player.. playing 2's for little river... makes 195 batting at number 5 and it says that he got dismissed when the score was 248... altho he didnt come in until the score was 89.. so i dont think that last bits corrrect

Also worth noting that was his first game in the 2nds, having played in the 3rds all season before yesterday

a for effort;325272 said:
Also worth noting that was his first game in the 2nds, having played in the 3rds all season before yesterday
yer he wanted to play one day games... doesnt like fielding for the 75 overs.. lazy bloke Lethbridge was the top side so a few of them got asked to go up because there 2's are sitting just inside the 6 and need a win to consilidate there spot..... he just told me that he got to the crease at the 38th over and was out in the 72nd over.. so 34 overs for 195...

I Bowl Meat Pies;325270 said:
this is one of the most discusting things ive ever seen in hard wicket cricket

http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/com...loc=/cricket/reports/match.asp&matchID=513934

todd elsey.. ex north geelong 1sts player.. playing 2's for little river... makes 195 batting at number 5 and it says that he got dismissed when the score was 248... altho he didnt come in until the score was 89.. so i dont think that last bits corrrect

I Bowl Meat Pies;325268 said:

good feedback, so for him and Scott Lindsay to both rate it highly says something. Luckily Alf didn't get to spend too much time out in the middle, it must have been the first time in about 5 years that he has not made over 50 against the Swans.

a for effort;325272 said:
yer he wanted to play one day games... doesnt like fielding for the 75 overs.. lazy bloke Lethbridge was the top side so a few of them got asked to go up because there 2's are sitting just inside the 6 and need a win to consilidate there spot..... he just told me that he got to the crease at the 38th over and was out in the 72nd over.. so 34 overs for 195...

gca_ipl;325603 said:
good feedback, so for him and Scott Lindsay to both rate it highly says something. Luckily Alf didn't get to spend too much time out in the middle, it must have been the first time in about 5 years that he has not made over 50 against the Swans.
yep unluckily for us he needed around 200 runs to pass jack sings record for most gca runs.. so with 13 runs on saturday he now needs a massive 180 to overcome it this season... pretty hard to see that happening now for the great man

I Bowl Meat Pies;325268 said:

i hear that nic peterson from grovedale is out for the season afta injuring his knee at footy training friday nite and needs a knee reco. if true that is a massive blow for grovedale coming into finals. big hole that i dont think can be filled

gca_ipl;325603 said:
yep unluckily for us he needed around 200 runs to pass jack sings record for most gca runs.. so with 13 runs on saturday he now needs a massive 180 to overcome it this season... pretty hard to see that happening now for the great man

i hear that nic peterson from grovedale is out for the season afta injuring his knee at footy training friday nite and needs a knee reco. if true that is a massive blow for grovedale coming into finals. big hole that i dont think can be filled

identity_unknown;326168 said:

that is a much more constructive comment from the identity_unknown. I have heard that also but I do not think it is yet known what the length of the injury will be. if he is out it is a huge blow for Grovedale, he is a class bat that could turn a final around with his own bat.

identity_unknown;326168 said:

that is a much more constructive comment from the identity_unknown. I have heard that also but I do not think it is yet known what the length of the injury will be. if he is out it is a huge blow for Grovedale, he is a class bat that could turn a final around with his own bat.

gca_ipl;326378 said:
hmmm, interesting. So it means that because of the way he was born he is able to bowl off spin like that because his shoulder and wrist are so flexible. So he pretty much has an advantage over everyone. Still reckon Warnie was better because he had no freakish body parts !!!

Not sure about that, there's always one part that kept the ladies coming back. ;)

gca_ipl;326378 said:
hmmm, interesting. So it means that because of the way he was born he is able to bowl off spin like that because his shoulder and wrist are so flexible. So he pretty much has an advantage over everyone. Still reckon Warnie was better because he had no freakish body parts !!!

Not sure about that, there's always one part that kept the ladies coming back. ;)

crktluva;326971 said:
ya not happy r ya, dont blame ya, its crap and they know it. just dont want the new boys dominating.

fair enough i'm taking a cyber fantasy cricket league a little too seriously, but's the fkn principle of the thing mate. it's a bloody joke

crktluva;326971 said:
ya not happy r ya, dont blame ya, its crap and they know it. just dont want the new boys dominating.

fair enough i'm taking a cyber fantasy cricket league a little too seriously, but's the fkn principle of the thing mate. it's a bloody joke

Good luck and congrats to the Thomson Cricket Club on sunday for the 20/20 fundraiser for the late Gary Witcombe. I played against Gary at both Thomson and Corio, always a great bloke who was happy to chat and have a beer afterwards. Hope it raises plenty for his family. Good on ya Thomson and my condolences to both your club and his family.

crktluva;327438 said:
Good luck and congrats to the Thomson Cricket Club on sunday for the 20/20 fundraiser for the late Gary Witcombe. I played against Gary at both Thomson and Corio, always a great bloke who was happy to chat and have a beer afterwards. Hope it raises plenty for his family. Good on ya Thomson and my condolences to both your club and his family.

i hope as many people can get to this as possible.. support jamie and the kids.
gary was a very close friend of mine. so come down people, open your pockets for a worthy cause please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back