Geelong Player Movements 2010

Re: Geelong Player Movements 2010

No one is holding anyone back from Div 1 or any other Division that i know of. All i am saying is nothing is official.

And yes I am a former Moderator.

Robbo@Dinos;399868 said:
No one is holding anyone back from Div 1 or any other Division that i know of. All i am saying is nothing is official.

And yes I am a former Moderator.

I never said that you were, to be honest I don't have much interest in the matter. It'd be a massive loss for you blokes and hopefully they don't go for your sake but it's not looking good from what I've heard.

That's all;)

Barwon Heads have secured the services of St Josephs paceman Mark Slater for next season. The signing is the first of Jason Mallet's time in charge.

Anyone else heard any BPCA whispers besides Lucas Cameron to coach OG?

Solid Defence;400752 said:
Barwon Heads have secured the services of St Josephs paceman Mark Slater for next season. The signing is the first of Jason Mallet's time in charge.

nothing to do with jacko, he was always going there after one more year at joeys. he said he would end up playing at heads about 2 yrs ago after he moved down there.

do we class Slates as a paceman now or more of a wiley veteran ??

If my memory serves me correct Slates was at Highton with a young J Mallett many years ago. S Farrell and V Lazzarro were both there as well and are now furniture at Barwon Heads.

yes its me;401202 said:
If my memory serves me correct Slates was at Highton with a young J Mallett many years ago. S Farrell and V Lazzarro were both there as well and are now furniture at Barwon Heads.

and ya point is:confused: He was going there no matter what, he just wanted to play close to home and thats it. but its a good get coz he will still be pretty handy in BPCA thats for sure.

crktluva;401210 said:
and ya point is:confused: He was going there no matter what, he just wanted to play close to home and thats it. but its a good get coz he will still be pretty handy in BPCA thats for sure.

No arguement here , he CAN play. What happened to the 3 Wallace boys down that way ? they could all play as well and I've not heard of them for yonks.

Zimmer to North Geelong from Manifold.

Lineker (the UK player) back to East Belmont, he played a few years ago, was a very good player.

Rod Kiddle a good chance to leave Leopold, most likely Grovedale but possibly not a done deal yet, others may be approaching.

Scroba from Leopold to Grovedale - I believe.

South will have a Pom recommended by Hornet.

I have been told from a reliable soruce that Lucas Cameron is coaching OG with Mick Gill spinner from highton Ass Coach with him.

Havent heard if anything is finalised, but the signs were pretty positive last I heard. Soon find out I expect.

again, nothing is confirmed until clearances go through after August, as apparently the two Fords are going to Grovedale :D

thommy_rissole;401461 said:
Not going to clear them?

If I was South I wouldn't clear the Fords to Grovedale, I know for a fact they wouldn't clear Sean Bogans brother Matt last year until he played 20 games for them, he had played about 15 at the time, he went back begrudgingly and played lower grades to get the games up. They were absolute pricks about it, different kettle of fish when the shoes on the other foot I bet!!!

obser;401462 said:
If I was South I wouldn't clear the Fords to Grovedale, I know for a fact they wouldn't clear Sean Bogans brother Matt last year until he played 20 games for them, he had played about 15 at the time, he went back begrudgingly and played lower grades to get the games up. They were absolute pricks about it, different kettle of fish when the shoes on the other foot I bet!!!

Yes I was aware of the decision they made with the youngest Bogan. The 20 or 25 games now (I think) are there to protect clubs and ensure that players do not just go from club to club, in the case from a junior with his brother playing at another club it is not quiet the same. Anyway we will deal with the clearances when they come in on a case by case basis and not based on the decisions they have made to other players. In saying that we only want South people at the Swans and who want to play the South Barwon way.

Back