Geelong Umpires

heat

Geelong Umpires

is it just us (which it may just be because we are disliked) or are the umpires in geelong always biased and crap at making good decisions?

thoughts?

Re: Geelong Umpires

yesterday in the 2nds we had a couple of dubious decisions against geelong.

In HC vs GGS the game could have been over on the first day if it wasn't for those umpires who clearly favoured GGS.

All GCA Div 1 1st Games should have 2 umpires!!! Premier cricket league for local competition. Club Square leg is crap as there have too many dodgy decisions made. Heard a few dodgy ones already this year, Leo vs BPH (Not given any names) heard there was one at Grov v NDCC on saturday aswell. Anybody heard any dodgy ones this year??

ToThePavilion;278651 said:
All GCA Div 1 1st Games should have 2 umpires!!! Premier cricket league for local competition. Club Square leg is crap as there have too many dodgy decisions made. Heard a few dodgy ones already this year, Leo vs BPH (Not given any names) heard there was one at Grov v NDCC on saturday aswell. Anybody heard any dodgy ones this year??

Heard Michael Kelson got an absolute stinker given against him on the weekend, RAM you were there is this correct?

Pitching and hitting him outside the line of a left handers leg stump.

thommy_rissole;278653 said:
Heard Michael Kelson got an absolute stinker given against him on the weekend, RAM you were there is this correct?

Pitching and hitting him outside the line of a left handers leg stump.

Heard it pitched outside leg stump and hit him half way way up the pad going back. But we all no the rule about pitching outside the line of leg stump NOT OUT. . . .
and it was the best ump in the comp. . .

ToThePavilion;278655 said:
Heard it pitched outside leg stump and hit him half way way up the pad going back. But we all no the rule about pitching outside the line of leg stump NOT OUT. . . .
and it was the best ump in the comp. . .

It's also rumoured that the non-striker then turned to the umpire and said something along the lines of "ump, that pitched outside leg stump, that can't be lbw" then the umpire responded with "oh shit, it did to".

Don't know how true this story is but i'm sure someone from Grovedale could clarify it :)

thommy_rissole;278659 said:
It's also rumoured that the non-striker then turned to the umpire and said something along the lines of "ump, that pitched outside leg stump, that can't be lbw" then the umpire responded with "oh shit, it did to".

Don't know how true this story is but i'm sure someone from Grovedale could clarify it :)

I cant confirm that but a realible source did tell me there were a few issues in that game. Biggest being the square leg being sent off by NDCC captain for bad decision. Kelson's dismissal was a bit rough i heard but also got told he only had til 4 oclock then he had to leave to go to a wedding.
Maybe we need some Grovey tigers on here better yet bring back Barry Tsiatas need someone to pick on. . . ha ha ha

ToThePavilion;278665 said:
I cant confirm that but a realible source did tell me there were a few issues in that game. Biggest being the square leg being sent off by NDCC captain for bad decision. Kelson's dismissal was a bit rough i heard but also got told he only had til 4 oclock then he had to leave to go to a wedding.
Maybe we need some Grovey tigers on here better yet bring back Barry Tsiatas need someone to pick on. . . ha ha ha

Luckily for me, so I do not have to give an opinion, I did not see the incident in question where the square leg was sent off.
However there was one given out by our square leg for a run out, where I think he was the only one on the ground that thought it was out. Batsman was fuming.
Micks was not great. But he is a left hander, so deserves all he gets!

right arm medium;278708 said:
Luckily for me, so I do not have to give an opinion, I did not see the incident in question where the square leg was sent off.
However there was one given out by our square leg for a run out, where I think he was the only one on the ground that thought it was out. Batsman was fuming.
Micks was not great. But he is a left hander, so deserves all he gets!

Do beleive that the kelso wasnt happy and after what i heard were it pitched either would i. As for the square leg got told that he was out by a mile and was not the best decision he has made in his life but carma comes back to bite you in the bum especially when the run out your talking about was the player at square leg that gave it not out. . . Things seem to come in circles in life. Just like something will go Benny Armstrongs way after his decision against Grovey. (Thought they may have learnt something, maybe not)

ToThePavilion;278711 said:
Do beleive that the kelso wasnt happy and after what i heard were it pitched either would i. As for the square leg got told that he was out by a mile and was not the best decision he has made in his life but carma comes back to bite you in the bum especially when the run out your talking about was the player at square leg that gave it not out. . . Things seem to come in circles in life. Just like something will go Benny Armstrongs way after his decision against Grovey. (Thought they may have learnt something, maybe not)

Ahh I'm going to have a quick guess at this before I go to drinking training;), I mean cricket.

You are SIMON ANDERSON 100%

sorry for the guess who a 4 effort it's the last time:D

And yes your right who I am Ando you cracked the big secret:rolleyes::D

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;278770 said:
Ahh I'm going to have a quick guess at this before I go to drinking training;), I mean cricket.

You are SIMON ANDERSON 100%

sorry for the guess who a 4 effort it's the last time:D

And yes your right who I am Ando you cracked the big secret:rolleyes::D

Nah sorry try again. he is the bloke that plays at Newcomb yeah??
Sorry not me though, Play divy 1. Thats the only clue that i will give away.
but yes i did used to play for the thommy tigers. . .

The bloke who did the 20-20 last night between BHCC and Grovedale should never have got the gig. A few questionable ones were given in the Barwon Heads innings.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;279954 said:
He was a CHEAT!

John McGilvery! how was that caught behind. only tsiatas appealed, and he fired him! the bloke should of given it away about, 18 years ago.
funny as hell when he got hit in the head though ;)

ToThePavilion;278711 said:

another puzzling ridiculous rambling from the pavillion, if anyone can make sense of this tripe, please explain it o me, coz i cant figure out what he is on about. im happy to be called simple if i have missed somethiing.:confused:

Back