General Chat 12/13

No one replied because they would have to do something constructive
Coach my club, on the executive, running sessions with the juniors and their coaches - yeah, I reckon I have to join the VTCA committee to do something constructive. Read one of the previous conversations we had on this issue and you might start to understand a little better. If you keep having cracks at the people in this comp who actually do stuff, then you won't have any clubs in the comp to worry about

Rat you don't need to justify anything mate. Nothing wrong with being disappointed about not playing cricket today. We should be good to go next week. Can't wait

Rat you don't need to justify anything mate. Nothing wrong with being disappointed about not playing cricket today. We should be good to go next week. Can't wait
Yeah hopefully. Given we are cricketers from a cricket club playing cricket, you reckon when we have a cricket pitch ready to go, that might be enough ;)

All very interesting points being said, but the most important one (and rat as a club coach you shoud be familiar with it) is Duty Of Care! The VTCA has done the right thing both weekends so far and put player safety before a few clubs wanting to risk player safety for a few bonus points.

Its still no excuse for GECC calling play off on Thursday when all the decks had dried up on Friday morning
Obviously the dog clubs paid more coin for this weekend lol

I agree with him. Comments like that don't really help the situation. Just ask yourself "are bonus points the best way to play the most enjoyable cricket" The number of games that develop into a farce (or worse) only because clubs want to have bonus points is massive
Wer'e not going over old ground again are we? STOPPING play at 4.30pm or 5pm is what will happen without bonus points. Teams will call it off as soon as a decision is reached, simply because they don't want to lose percentage. Been down that track, it's not on.

All very interesting points being said, but the most important one (and rat as a club coach you shoud be familiar with it) is Duty Of Care! The VTCA has done the right thing both weekends so far and put player safety before a few clubs wanting to risk player safety for a few bonus points.
Duty of care my arse. On this ocassion there were 3 days of inclement weather and those councils that prepare wickets for clubs just didn't have the man power and I'm sure they didn't want to pay the sub-contractors more dollars for more work.

Heard that Deer Park c/c played today cnr ballarat rd. and station rd. Williamstown comp. Also East Keilor was ready.The sooner more clubs prepare their own tracks the better.

I play in the Willy comp also & 3 A-Turf games were played yesterday.......one at Newport, one in Willy & one in Altona nth........conditions werent the best, but hey it was great to be out there playing.

Im sure alot of VTCA games wouldve been played yesterday too if they didnt cancel the round

Heard that Deer Park c/c played today cnr ballarat rd. and station rd. Williamstown comp. Also East Keilor was ready.The sooner more clubs prepare their own tracks the better.
Wrong again Dingo Deer Park played on the paddock out the back no game on main ground maybe you should worry about Avondale since you have been there they have dropped a few grades over and out go Deano Patcholi Senior Premiership player something you Won't achieve haha ps stop bagging Yccc you inspire us to get 5 Senior Flags in a row Go Clubbers

Wrong again Dingo Deer Park played on the paddock out the back no game on main ground maybe you should worry about Avondale since you have been there they have dropped a few grades over and out go Deano Patcholi Senior Premiership player something you Won't achieve haha ps stop bagging Yccc you inspire us to get 5 Senior Flags in a row Go Clubbers
I've never bagged yccc, just had a bit of fun with Pies Pacholi. Yccc deserve all the accolades for their achievements, although their wins have come against clubs with one hand tied behind there back.

For the record lets not forget how yccc was formed. They alledgely were formed from the remnants of a bunch of mongrel dogs calling themselves Footscray Colts who were unceremoniously kicked out of the Footscray Cricket association.

Also heard the tax man is on his way around investigating the income of certain players. Apparently the bank balances don't add up.

I've never bagged yccc, just had a bit of fun with Pies Pacholi. Yccc deserve all the accolades for their achievements, although their wins have come against clubs with one hand tied behind there back.

For the record lets not forget how yccc was formed. They alledgely were formed from the remnants of a bunch of mongrel dogs calling themselves Footscray Colts who were unceremoniously kicked out of the Footscray Cricket association.

Also heard the tax man is on his way around investigating the income of certain players. Apparently the bank balances don't add up.

so are you saying yccc are a dog club? maybe they forked out cash to glen eira council aswell as there $million $uper$tar$

To anybody that i have upset i apologise, its just that it gets frustrating when posters come on here and don't know the facts.
We're all here to play cricket and enjoy it.
Bonus points have been voted on and passed by the clubs and as Dingo says without it games we finish early and then soccer looks at the empty grounds and they go to councils and say we will use it. Soccer is trying to get grounds for Summer comps.
All the new rule changes were voted for and wanted by the club Presidents.
Southern, you only apologise when you have wronged someone. To date I haven't read a post from you that I can recall is deserving of an apology. Everyone's apologising for the littlest things these days. It's not your fault some people whom post on this forum are some what mentally challenged.

so are you saying yccc are a dog club? maybe they forked out cash to glen eira council aswell as there $million $uper$tar$
I said I had heard Deer Park played at their ground on saturday.

I said Footscray Colts were a bunch of Dogs.

Your IQ is obviously some where around 2 points below a carrot. Any more blurts?

you are kidding yourself drongo jones , i would hate to see what they could do if they were not " mongrel dogs ". is that true your club keeps getting relegated while the club keeps winning flags ooooooohhhhhh poor drongo .sounds like ANOTHER case of jealousy . enjoy c2

Back