General Chat 14/15

Yeah the Footscray United bloke is a good get for them. will give much needed boost to their ones in West A.
Whats new in St Albans? who's is this new bloke you speak of? any other new recruits there?

Pen has not been put to paper with the St Albans deal but if they get him over the line this guy will dominate the comp with both bat and ball.

I believe their 2nd XI are playing in a hard wicket comp
East Keilor 2nds are playing in North C3 in VTCA & not in a hard wicket comp. It says so in their ad for a coach they posted this week. They say their firsts are having a year of "consolidation". Should consolidate with a premiership after only playing against other club 2nds.

East Keilor 2nds are playing in North C3 in VTCA & not in a hard wicket comp. It says so in their ad for a coach they posted this week. They say their firsts are having a year of "consolidation". Should consolidate with a premiership after only playing against other club 2nds.

I personally found it strange that they have left it so late to advertise for a coach.

We’ve got a player at our club who played 10 years in the juniors, a similar amount in our senior grades - left to play Premier cricket, returned to the club (was picked in the Team of the century) and then retired. He then coached another club that was just around the corner from him, and then came back to us last year aged 40. Because he was regarded as a pro under the old points system he came to us as an 8 point player as he transferred under the same points as he had at the old club. This year he drops down to 7 points
Jeremy Brown makes 700 runs and takes 45 wickets in Senior Division, drops down to a North Division club for (obscene amount of money/love of the game/whatever)* delete that which doesn't apply He comes across as a 6 point player
Yep - I reckon the points system is working

Why wouldn't he be regarded as a 6 pointer from Parkdale (DDCA) - Pro or not has nothing to do with it...
When he was a Parkdale player the points system was different. He was considered a pro, and they were 9, and then 8 points for his 2nd year. And when he came back, you take the highest value applicable, which in his case it is what it was in his previous year rather than the 6.

We understand the justification for his total, just reckon it's begging for some flexibility - especially when you have minor county and county squad players on 8 points, and the bloke who won the Paxino on 6

Whether hes a professional or not has nothing to do with it, the points system allows 11 players to be paid, its a way of being transparent on where players have come from. From what I understand the points system has been the same since introduction in 2009, just the total has changed. Where were Hampton when he left? He should have only gone to Parkdale as a 6 if they were in South Division at the time, I think you've got a pretty good case to get him regraded.

So is it bye bye Werribee Centrals then or has YCW just forked out lots of cash???

Justin

Davies

Sunshine YCW

Werribee Centrals

Clearance

Blair

Hemmingson

Sunshine YCW

Werribee Centrals

Clearance

Dean

Giarrusso

Sunshine YCW

Werribee Centrals

Clearance

Luke

Simpson

Sunshine YCW

Werribee Centrals

Clearance

Jake

Buttigieg

Sunshine YCW

Melton CC

Clearance

So is it bye bye Werribee Centrals then or has YCW just forked out lots of cash???

Justin

Davies

Sunshine YCW

Werribee Centrals

Clearance

Blair

Hemmingson

Sunshine YCW

Werribee Centrals

Clearance

Dean

Giarrusso

Sunshine YCW

Werribee Centrals

Clearance

Luke

Simpson

Sunshine YCW

Werribee Centrals

Clearance

Jake

Buttigieg

Sunshine YCW

Melton CC

Clearance

My old boss is the president of ycw I played there for a year when living over in the west when they were in the marybinong league before it folded. Good bunch of blokes and they have plenty of coin because they have regular customers drinking at the bar most nights. They weren't a very good side back then so they've obviously splashed a bit of cash around to try and improve

Whether hes a professional or not has nothing to do with it, the points system allows 11 players to be paid, its a way of being transparent on where players have come from. From what I understand the points system has been the same since introduction in 2009, just the total has changed. Where were Hampton when he left? He should have only gone to Parkdale as a 6 if they were in South Division at the time, I think you've got a pretty good case to get him regraded.
Tried and failed, unfortunately. They merely justified their decision (we already knew the justification) without actually considering the points we raised.

Tried and failed, unfortunately. They merely justified their decision (we already knew the justification) without actually considering the points we raised.

defeats the purpose of having a 2 way dialogue, when one side is not even prepared to listen.
from the way u put it, sounds like they had no interest in having their decision questioned.
do u reckon Pollock would have dealt with the matter in the same way, is he still involved or completely gone.

defeats the purpose of having a 2 way dialogue, when one side is not even prepared to listen.
from the way u put it, sounds like they had no interest in having their decision questioned.
do u reckon Pollock would have dealt with the matter in the same way, is he still involved or completely gone.
I hear their a rabble without Pollock. Always had time to talk and not just dismiss issues

Interesting passive aggressive communication just through from the VTCA. Given their reluctance (stubbornness) to acknowledge that if there were regional 2nd XIs and non aligned grades then you would automatically gain more depth - I think the words bolted, horse and gate can be rearranged in a sentence.

And now we have a kid who comes back from Premier 4ths as a 3 point player - because he was given that made up number 4 years ago. If he didn't play 1 game for us back then, he would be a 2 point player!!!
So the massive review with points that occurred over the off season actually disadvantages kids coming back from lower level premier clubs. I've said it before - absolutely staggering that the points system is set up to benefit clubs who haven't bothered to invest in a junior program

Back