General Chat 14/15

And to add to the intrigue - if play does not start on time ie 80 overs each, Sth Caul well within their rights to bat for a day and a half if they win the toss, or if chasing, to shut up shop and bat time. Greenvale have to bowl Sth Caul out to win the GF.
Given the amount of rain we have had so far (and with a few showers forecast tomorrow) it is a distinct possibility. They are just lucky that last week’s fiasco didn’t happen this week

I’m just excited to see a 2 day GF to work out who the best team has been in the 2 day competition this year – novel concept!!

Apparently there's a whisper going around that the covers flew off at Kinder Smith Reserve overnight (West B1 grand final that also didn't start last weekend for similar reasons). Does anyone know anything more about this?

Apparently there's a whisper going around that the covers flew off at Kinder Smith Reserve overnight (West B1 grand final that also didn't start last weekend for similar reasons). Does anyone know anything more about this?
Same at Altona North and Parkdale United

Interesting times ahead for next season. Will South Division be part of comp? What will
Grading look like with no South sides? Looks like Williamstown Comp will fold and clubs will most likely come into VTCA.

That there will be, will be some teething problems but common sense has prevailed and hopefully the people put in charge have some common sense on how to run a competition as well. Can't believe the VTCA (the pres's wife) blamed the clubs for all the issues.
The meeting certainly picked up pace at the half way point!!! I would have been surprised if the straw poll didn’t produce a different result if it had been done at the half way point of the meeting

The Bentleigh president asked a great question about how the VTCA can improve the competition in the South, and the response was unbelievable to be honest.

A desire by the VTCA to help in junior development (in a region where the SECA already run one of the biggest junior programs in the state, which most VTCA clubs are a part of) seemed a bit weird given the number of times we’ve been ignored on the ridiculousness of the points total for home grown players.

And then their refusal to acknowledge the difference between sustainable financial stability and having a lot of money to throw towards players still staggers me. Just because we choose to spend our money across the whole membership rather than buying two opening batsman (which I don’t have a problem with, if that’s where you choose to spend your money) does not make us a financial basket case.

After the vote it was a very abrupt end to the meeting!!!!

Not going to lie, I had a bit of a chuckle to myself when good old big cricket got a mention! Especially seeing by that stage my limited attention span had well and truely waned and I was on big cricket at the time!

Anyone want to start off with team of the year selections / candidates???

Surely the Paxino will be fought out b/w Brenton Parchment and Ash Russell - with my tip being Parchment..

Ex-pres Tony Isaacs being behind Cricket Victoria and opposed to the current VTCA was the kicker. The current exec despite working hard are seriously out of their depth and Tony made a great point that nobody from the South had put up their hand recently to run the comp so carry some of the blame - but now given an alternative with CV backing the decision was a no-brainer. Just hope that the north west/willy clubs get more involved and take control of their comp at the next AGM else they'll continue having an exec that won't communicate with their clubs, makes bizarre grading decisions and can't organise Kingsville Baptists a make-up day of cricket despite the entire cricket world wanting it.

Ex-pres Tony Isaacs being behind Cricket Victoria and opposed to the current VTCA was the kicker. The current exec despite working hard are seriously out of their depth and Tony made a great point that nobody from the South had put up their hand recently to run the comp so carry some of the blame - but now given an alternative with CV backing the decision was a no-brainer. Just hope that the north west/willy clubs get more involved and take control of their comp at the next AGM else they'll continue having an exec that won't communicate with their clubs, makes bizarre grading decisions and can't organise Kingsville Baptists a make-up day of cricket despite the entire cricket world wanting it.
The comment that south east juniors needs support is a joke I'm sorry

There's a difference between working hard and allowing - Mentone to lose all point after a person (who was charged) vandalised their wicket, provided the correct paperwork etc but Mckinnon still keep the points. Yet Kingsville get a reward to offer and all the rest.

Kingston Hawthorn two games in a row get a gift from the VTCA allowing them to play a Premier first player on a Sunday whilst he is playing in their 1sts on a Saturday, the week before they selected a player who could only play first week as he was selected in their premier 3rds team for the second week and were allowed a replacement player even though the first player opened the bowling and batting etc

Saying that the South is on the decline? pretty sure we have made the Snr Div Grand final the past 5 years and won a few of them etc so how are on the decline is an interesting comment.

I could go on forever.

Saying that the South is on the decline? pretty sure we have made the Snr Div Grand final the past 5 years and won a few of them etc so how are on the decline is an interesting comment.
The number of competing clubs in the South is on the decline. We were down to a single 1st XI grade this season, albeit with one or two 1st XIs playing in the enormous and very strange South Seconds grade (one or two depending upon when on the calendar you chose to take a look, as the Association saw fit to perform a mid-season promotion/relegation).

Back