General Chat 14/15

It was actually the VTCA who advised the covers didn't need to be down on the first night it rained if my sources are correct, so I believe Spotswood were following what was advised by the VTCA.

Either way you can keep going with your negative rubbish about something in the past or move on.

And if you are that knowledgeable about everything in the game, you would have found out that Spotswood got the last spot in the Senior Division.

It was not myself who mentioned the last spot Merv. The vtca advised nothing on that Wednesday night as they didn't have toas it's up to the home club to make every effort for a game to take place. It's not hard 20mil of rain forecast the next day, heaps of people at the GF meeting to help.

Sounds like a collective stuff up to me! So both teams playing the Grand Final were at the GF Meeting but didn't do anything about it either?? If I or my club was playing I would have tried covering the whole ground myself! Done now, lets move on to an exciting 2016/17 hey.

It is the hosting clubs responsibility that's all.

Next year fix to ensure best possible venues for all GF's

VTCA Nominate best 3 grounds in each Comp by November 30. VTCA offer incentive to Clubs who host the GF - ie. waive fee for cricket balls for the following season in compensation for additional work required to host the GF(below criteria must be met by Hosting Club)

1. Present Wicket in good condition regardless of Weather- ability to cover wickets all week for duration of GF.
2. Operating Canteen for duration of matches
3. Operating Bar Facilities
4. Suitable Amenities for Umpires/Players

This way the Hosting Club can be held accountable for above 4 criteria's, the 2 clubs playing should be able to Rock up and Play, not have to worry about covering wickets mid week ect.. The VTCA can easily determine performance of hosting club. If the Hosting Club does a good job then obviously they are looked favorably for future seasons(can't be a cash incentive so that's why I suggest cricket balls which is an expense that can be related directly back to the game).
Incentive - At the moment what is the incentive for the Hosting Club? Surely Bar sales is not enough, it needs to be a true incentive so the club is motivated to present wicket and facilities as best as they can.
Nominating 3 clubs early and publishing it gives everyone visibility and knowledge. If 2 of those 3 clubs end up playing in the GF the game is played at the 3rd nominated Club.............

Next year fix to ensure best possible venues for all GF's

VTCA Nominate best 3 grounds in each Comp by November 30. VTCA offer incentive to Clubs who host the GF - ie. waive fee for cricket balls for the following season in compensation for additional work required to host the GF(below criteria must be met by Hosting Club)

1. Present Wicket in good condition regardless of Weather- ability to cover wickets all week for duration of GF.
2. Operating Canteen for duration of matches
3. Operating Bar Facilities
4. Suitable Amenities for Umpires/Players

This way the Hosting Club can be held accountable for above 4 criteria's, the 2 clubs playing should be able to Rock up and Play, not have to worry about covering wickets mid week ect.. The VTCA can easily determine performance of hosting club. If the Hosting Club does a good job then obviously they are looked favorably for future seasons(can't be a cash incentive so that's why I suggest cricket balls which is an expense that can be related directly back to the game).
Incentive - At the moment what is the incentive for the Hosting Club? Surely Bar sales is not enough, it needs to be a true incentive so the club is motivated to present wicket and facilities as best as they can.
Nominating 3 clubs early and publishing it gives everyone visibility and knowledge. If 2 of those 3 clubs end up playing in the GF the game is played at the 3rd nominated Club.............
Lets hope , really good points. The other problem with some grounds like Altona North and Spotswood is that it's very hard to hit boundary's with the length and type of grass.

Heard spotswood have turned down schupan because he was still contracted at keilor and keilor asked for compensation
Spotswood didn't want it pay out his contract

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

There's a big bridge that links Spotswood from the city, thousands of people use this bridge on a daily basis. Turf Cricket is obviously not one of these people.

Roxburgh park have lost all their first team from last year and no word on any recruits I predict to finish last in their comp. Also heard Taylor lakes are one of the sides in contention for subbies spot.

Back