General Chat 2011/12

Lets not get carried away just yet. The conditions were as good as they will get for how well a ball is preserved.
I'm fairly sure I stated that mate... We got smashed around all day and the ball kept it's shape well. So yeah I was just answering SS's question... I was all for the change to kookas, fingers crossed for the rest of the season

Alot of players moving back to the carpet to avoid having to do covers, roll wickets and play on crap wickets..
It'll end up being the northern turf cricket asso. Not many south sides in the 4000 new northern ones that came into the comp this season

i hear the vtca are looking into a senior div side playing above there allocated 44 points...
can any shed some light on who that may be ?????

Perhaps they should stop writing articles like this one, if they can't even add up to 44!
http://www.wyndhamweekly.com.au/new...cats-ready-to-match-it-with-best/2320477.aspx

And a quick check of their side for this wk = 47 points unless the points are listed incorrectly[/quote

What a shame, scandal is averted, apparently vtca have last years points allocation listed for Hoppers - maybe they can make those statments with confidence.
Obviously they have recruited to be competative?

Looks like poor old NCDP has two eyes firmly planted on the Cats? Wonder Why?
Good luck In Senior Division Gavin. Big Nigel might improve is 8 wickets @ 60 from last year to get you into the 4. Daisy might improve on the 4 innings that nearly had him sacked by APWSTC last year. And the self proclaimed 'best spinner in North Division' might just find the batsmen at 6,7, and 8 can hold a stick at this level. Yarraville, Beauy, Bentleigh, Spotty, Sth Caul and Greenvale before Hoppers. Just my opinion.

I agree the game is made for batsmen. It's all about making runs. Given that we play on covered wickets it's even more loaded in favour of batsmen. It's just these days hardly anyone can swing the ball. In days gone by a bowler would have trouble getting a game in 1sts if he was unable to swing the ball at least in one direction.
The secret to being a good bowler is have variation. Does not matter about the ball the same old rule applies good line, good length and you get wickets. Bowl short or wide you get smacked. The platypus ball are crap but everyone has to use them so its even across the board. The kook's hold there firmness and shape alot better but if a bowler uses the ball as an excuse for bowling crap give up bowling everyone uses the same type ball.

Good luck In Senior Division Gavin. Big Nigel might improve is 8 wickets @ 60 from last year to get you into the 4. Daisy might improve on the 4 innings that nearly had him sacked by APWSTC last year. And the self proclaimed 'best spinner in North Division' might just find the batsmen at 6,7, and 8 can hold a stick at this level. Yarraville, Beauy, Bentleigh, Spotty, Sth Caul and Greenvale before Hoppers. Just my opinion.
Hey NCDP looks like the self proclaimed is now the best spinner in the VTCA - 25 wkts already with 3 five wkt hauls including several of the best bats in Senior Division. Looks like another one you got wrong champ!

Hey NCDP looks like the self proclaimed is now the best spinner in the VTCA - 25 wkts already with 3 five wkt hauls including several of the best bats in Senior Division. Looks like another one you got wrong champ!
Certainly looks that way!!!! Travelling better than the prized but costly recruits!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great weekend of cricket. A round of one-dayers always delivers.

McKinnon knocking over YCCC in a great upset after an Interesting decision at the toss. SCCC finally get a win on the board over a struggling CYMS, might be the start of something for SCCC. Beaumaris keep firing and starting to look like genuine contenders. Bentleigh's tie was a thriller, struggled most of the day but disappointing in the end that they couldn't grab that last wicket. Great win form APW over an impressive looking Spotswood side. Looks like Greenvale and CYMS could be in for a long season.

NCDPP - keep the opinions and predictions going.

Eliminator and OTT - try bringing something to the table.

Back