Group B World Cup

futureblackcap

Group B: India, Ireland, Pakistan, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, West Indies, Zimbabwe

15 February Group B - South Africa vs Zimbabwe at Seddon Park, Hamilton (D/N)
15 February
Group B - India vs Pakistan at Adelaide Oval (D/N)
16 February
Group B - Ireland vs West Indies at Saxton Oval, Nelson
19 February Group B - Zimbabwe vs United Arab Emirates at Saxton Oval, Nelson
21 February Group B - Pakistan vs West Indies at Hagley Oval, Christchurch
22 February Group B - India vs South Africa at Melbourne Cricket Ground (D/N)
24 February
Group B - West Indies vs Zimbabwe at Manuka Oval, Canberra (D/N)
25 February Group B - Ireland vs United Arab Emirates at Brisbane Cricket Ground (The 'Gabba, D/N)
27 February Group B - South Africa vs West Indies at Sydney Cricket Ground (D/N)
28 February
Group B - India vs United Arab Emirates at Western Australian Cricket Association Ground, Perth (D/N)
01 March
Group B – Pakistan vs Zimbabwe at Brisbane Cricket Ground (The 'Gabba, D/N)
03 March
Group B - Ireland vs South Africa at Manuka Oval, Canberra (D/N)
04 March
Group B - Pakistan vs United Arab Emirates at McLean Park, Napier (D/N)
06 March
Group B - India vs West Indies at Western Australian Cricket Association Ground, Perth (D/N)
07 March
Group B - Pakistan vs South Africa Eden Park, Auckland (D/N)
07 March
Group B - Ireland vs Zimbabwe at Bellerive Oval, Hobart (D/N)
10 March Group B - India vs Ireland at Seddon Park, Hamilton (D/N)
12 March
Group B - South Africa vs United Arab Emirates at Westpac Stadium, Wellington (D/N)
14 March
Group B - India vs Zimbabwe at Eden Park, Auckland (D/N)
15 March
Group B - West Indies vs United Arab Emirates at McLean Park, Napier
15 March
Group B - Ireland v Pakistan at Adelaide Oval (D/N)

Definitely the weaker group. Ireland a slim chance of getting through to the quarters I guess.

Look how much traveling they have to do though. Nelson, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Hamilton and Adelaide!

Their first match against the Windies will be crucial.

South Africa making the quarter finals is the only real certainty for mine. India have their issues at the moment and there's no telling what could happen when they go out there to play. They are lucky they are in Group B as on current form they'd get destroyed in Group A.

Pakistan and West Indies are much the same as India, very good on their day but are very hit and miss. The Windies are having enough issues of their own at the moment while Pakistan are just inconsistent. This gives the lesser ranked sides in Zimbabwe, Ireland and United Arab Emirates a chance. Zimbabwe and Ireland will fancy their chances in my opinion (Ireland were disappointing today however), they'll only need an upset or two and as long as they beat the other battlers they'll make the quarter finals. United Arab Emirates are making up the numbers in my opinion but good to see they qualified though.

It would have been really interesting to see Bangladesh and Afghanistan in this group at the expense of say Zimbabwe and Ireland. That would have made this group the one to watch in my opinion.

Who are people's money on for India v Pakistan? I'm gonna say that Pakistan will break the drought thanks to a Shahzad century and another blitz from Boom Boom Afridi.

Probably India, who knows which Pakistan will turn up. Crowd will be massive at the Adelaide Oval tonight.

Good start for Zimbabwe picking up the 2 SA openers, AB the big wicket now.

Ohh and du Plessis almost chips it straight to a fielder..

Just got an email from Bigfooty telling me to jump on here and support the india vs pakistan game.
Am currently watching the South Africa vs Zimbabwe game. Good to see that they have improved.

Haha! Have to laugh at the commentators trying to pronounce the players names from zimbabwe.

What a catch! Devilliers is out. That's a huge wicket.

Almost forgot about that starting soon ha, should be a beauty hopefully. I don't think much work is going to get done around my place today ;)
Not much is getting done here. However india won the toss and will bat first. Apparently it's a scorcher over in adelaide being 39 degrees.

Back