Growth Via Merger

metrofan

Growth Via Merger

In the next few days we'll be incorporating the site simplycricket into BigCricket! Not only will these mean 2500 new users, but also more folks from the UK, and an incredibly knowledgeable group of coaches and trainers talking about the game. We hope you are as excited as we are!

Re: Growth Via Merger

Great stuff huss, should be great. Looking forward to joining up with the simplycricket guys, they'll add another dimension to our forum, particularly with their training and coaching boards.

Superb stuff overall. @|

For those that don't know, Simplycricket is a great site. I've been there since the start, and they've got a good little member base there.

I even won a coaching bat from there in opne of their comps. :)

Statistically how much has posting increased since the merger?

It's definitely increased a large amount but does anyone have a figure on it?

Jolldo87;282724 said:

It's definitely increased a large amount but does anyone have a figure on it?

The last two weeks of August saw us average 763.5 posts per week. Talk of the merge caught wind and the two weeks before the merge saw us move to 1232.5 posts per week.

Since the merge, posting has steadily increased. The last three weeks has seen us average a tad over 2200 posts per week with a couple of November weeks still remaining.

So, posting has almost tripled since the end of August and is up almost 79% since the merge. :)

It definitely increased a large amount but does anyone have a figure on it?
BigCricket alexa rank was about 900,000 & SimplyCricket's alexa rank was about 800,000 before the merging.

Now , after the great fusion, the current alexa rank is "265,971". This thing only happens when two super websites fuse together .

Alexa rank is hardly an indicator of activity/traffic though. It only tracks visits by people who have their spyware installed and is inaccurate in many cases.

I don't know whether I should ask you that have you installed Google Analytics? That really gives good detailed stats.

Other way is PageRank in my view.

You can find out yourself by viewing the source code of the page.

Page Rank isn't an accurate indicator of traffic.

Back