HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

walter cronkite;403325 said:
well, it was 129 that they made and yeah, the dogs were strong all season. it does beg the question, 'what are these "a grade" bowlers doing playing 3rd grade cricket, but whatever. your comments on the 2's final were fair enough, but edinburgh had dominated all season and were expected to win.

we must also remember in the end the scoreline flattered the boroughs considering nth were 2 for 118 at one stage

Love to know who the players r that have left the burra. Don't know if you noticed but everyone of edinburgh's teams made the finals last year and with the average age of about 23 at their club and the way they intergrate their younger players throughout the teams they will continue to improve.

kennel;403340 said:
trent and john play at nth because there loyal to there friends and want to try and get into a grade with this club as they are nth heidelberg people all the way ,they could go get money anywhere it's all about loyalty and there ain't much of that aroound anymore....as i stated earlier post ask the 3 sides heid west rosebank and banyule there more than capable of terrorising the better sides as well:p

Didn't Rosebank chase down their 119 in 18 overs for the loss of only two wickets? Nth Heidelberg must've really "terrorised" them.

I don't doubt they're Nth Heidelberg all the way, but what I do doubt is their mental strength when playing good opposition and not taking five wickets/making 50's just about every time they step on to the field.

butterball;403358 said:
Didn't Rosebank chase down their 119 in 18 overs for the loss of only two wickets? Nth Heidelberg must've really "terrorised" them.

I don't doubt they're Nth Heidelberg all the way, but what I do doubt is their mental strength when playing good opposition and not taking five wickets/making 50's just about every time they step on to the field.

yep that's correct we failed we were 1 for 70 of 8 overs and flounded we give them a fright early doors not bad for a 3rd grade side .....and we did beat the runners up from last year and if i recall correctly they won the flag b4 that

butterball;403358 said:

and as for mental strength green was opening the bowling at CARLTON at 16 years of age until he hurt his back i find that a little better than rosebank and banyule he has made multiple hundreds playing A GRADE cricket so u better check ur stats first

North will go alright in 2nd grade. Bowling attack is decent, batting struggled a bit in 3rd last year, also playing with 4 piece balls now against better batsmen they will be chasing bigger totals, will need to improve there.

A grade should be interesting, Rosebank to finish top, Rosanna the big improver, Banyule will be up there again as will Edinburgh, two wests will struggle as will viewbank and heidelberg might slide a bit.

any movements so far ?

howzat23;403343 said:
Love to know who the players r that have left the burra. Don't know if you noticed but everyone of edinburgh's teams made the finals last year and with the average age of about 23 at their club and the way they intergrate their younger players throughout the teams they will continue to improve.

Only clubs who can't win A grade flags spruik their "depth".

Great that the Burra have 7000 players down at training, but it's not helpful when none of them can hold a stick.

kennel;403363 said:
and as for mental strength green was opening the bowling at CARLTON at 16 years of age until he hurt his back i find that a little better than rosebank and banyule he has made multiple hundreds playing A GRADE cricket so u better check ur stats first

I know Kennel, I've played against him many times.

He left Carlton because it all got too hard - I imagine the reasons were pretty similar as to why he left Ivanhoe and Preston (in JIKA) as well. He's quick, but he sprays it all over the place and has a tendency to drop his head (something that wouldn't have happened at North because it has been so easy for him).

I've always rated his batting, but comparing different competitions is like comparing apples and oranges. Johnny batted well into the lower order at VCA and VSDCA level, and middle order at Preston (I think). His runs (and the level they were achieved at) don't stack up even remotely against the real gun bats of the competition, who consistently made runs at VCA level, or over a million years at HDCA level. Slogging a few 3rd grade teams around Shelley doesn't count!

But, in all seriousness, good luck to the NH boys - the competition will be all the better for it if they can continue to develop a real "squad" of good players. And, obviously the social aspect is of paramount importance given the local area they play in, and the benefits alot of kids would have from playing at a stable, successful club.

butterball;403370 said:
But, in all seriousness, good luck to the NH boys - the competition will be all the better for it if they can continue to develop a real "squad" of good players. And, obviously the social aspect is of paramount importance given the local area they play in, and the benefits alot of kids would have from playing at a stable, successful club.

Well put butterball.

butterball;403369 said:
Only clubs who can't win A grade flags spruik their "depth".

Great that the Burra have 7000 players down at training, but it's not helpful when none of them can hold a stick.

Harsh, but butterball does raise an interesting point. surely a club will be more successful if it has more numbers at training. it figures that the more you have to choose from, you will have more success, unless everybody in fitzroy plays checkers, wears skivvies and sips lattes. if numbers are strong at edinburgh (and I have no reason to doubt butterball although his estimation of 7000 seems a little extravagant) why has success eluded that club?

The fact the burra hasen't won A grade flag does cut deep with many at the burra but beleive me they r doing everything they can to change this. Getting all teams in finals without anyone holding a stick their bowling attack must be ok.

Howzat23, I reckon Abo & Shadders might be able to hold a stick. Shadders is a bit old and fat - but seems to hold you lot together when he can be bothered. Are those two playing in 2010 as there are the normal rumors?

I wish my club had the Burra numbers - 5-10 at Tues & 20 at Thurs training is a disgrace for a A-grade club!

I have heard Brad Howell is back coaching at Viewbank - not the greatest leader would have thought.......

Cant go past Rosebank, reckon Bergers, Sanners & Burra are the only other clubs capable in A-grade.

butterball;403370 said:
I know Kennel, I've played against him many times.

He left Carlton because it all got too hard - I imagine the reasons were pretty similar as to why he left Ivanhoe and Preston (in JIKA) as well. He's quick, but he sprays it all over the place and has a tendency to drop his head (something that wouldn't have happened at North because it has been so easy for him).

I've always rated his batting, but comparing different competitions is like comparing apples and oranges. Johnny batted well into the lower order at VCA and VSDCA level, and middle order at Preston (I think). His runs (and the level they were achieved at) don't stack up even remotely against the real gun bats of the competition, who consistently made runs at VCA level, or over a million years at HDCA level. Slogging a few 3rd grade teams around Shelley doesn't count!

VCA Record.
GREEN, J.L. (Carlton) 1998-1999, 8 Matches. 71 runs at 17.75 aver. 8 wickets at 28.87. 3 catches.

sam_j_adams;403637 said:
VCA Record.
GREEN, J.L. (Carlton) 1998-1999, 8 Matches. 71 runs at 17.75 aver. 8 wickets at 28.87. 3 catches.

at that stage he was a 15 year old boy i think u will find he is a lot better cricketer all round now then when he was then multiple a grade hundreds and plenty of wickets to go with it would get a game for any hdca side a walk up start

kennel;403763 said:
little rumour spruiking around that jason mcgann might be leaving camrea and heading to the kennel could be more than handy recruit as there have been a truck load of sponsers for the club this season

Is "little rumour spruiking around" code for something? maybe code for something like, your a shit talker?

Gawn;403413 said:
Howzat23, I reckon Abo & Shadders might be able to hold a stick. Shadders is a bit old and fat - but seems to hold you lot together when he can be bothered. Are those two playing in 2010 as there are the normal rumors?

I wish my club had the Burra numbers - 5-10 at Tues & 20 at Thurs training is a disgrace for a A-grade club!

I have heard Brad Howell is back coaching at Viewbank - not the greatest leader would have thought.......

Cant go past Rosebank, reckon Bergers, Sanners & Burra are the only other clubs capable in A-grade.
Hey Gawn, you don't rate The Banyule boys obviously, whilst Occa & Rowdy are still playin they will always be a good side and if my memory serves me correct they played off in the big one last year.
Yes, the Sannas will be an improved side this year with their new recruits however don't expect them all to dominate, different ball game on these pitches now!
Rumour has it that it will be the year of the Ranga, has already been seen putting in numerous hours on the ball machine, lets hope he doesn't lose interest before the season starts!!

hey gawn whilst Abo and shadders have held them together for way to long a few of the younger guys have shown massive improvements last season. Sussex and Coyne look like they are ready to take over the reins at the burra and look out for a few big recruits. The seconds last year were very strong and with the average age of that team being 20 they hope a couple will take the next step.The coach has hit the weights hard on the off season and his chest will pop out more often this coming season (so watch out banyule boys!). Look out for 'the cobra's' new ball!

I agree that rosanna are one of the sides to beat this season. Apparently they have done some scouting and have def secured Almatrah as club captain and Dunbar. They will have a good all-round side with bat and ball.
Almatrah a past HDCA performer on a regular basis should see them through to the GF against the boys from Heidelberg.

opinions always welcome

houdini out

Houdini u must have been away last season. Don't think rosebank will make the g.f. The boys from rosanna have lost a couple aswell so it all evens out for them. May get some arvo tea with some of their depatures! Still count on big J.R to make runs and take wickets against the good teams. Haven't heard much from west's way. Aiden still about or is he having a go at a higher level. Heard on the grapevine Occa unavailable due to work, any truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back