HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours starting to fly down at Dewinton. Something stirring after the weekend loss. Some finger pointing by one of the senior players followed by some critical words after some controversy against the burra. It's only November and the fireworks have begun.
what type of rumours?

Big things happening at Beverly Rd. Pressure mounting on the club after such a poor start to the season. Questions are being asked of the captain and why he and his players are performing so badly. A couple of promising youngsters have left the club looking for greener pastures. The Bears which have promised so much seem to have lost their way and staring at relegation. Rumour has it that the skipper has been given till xmas for improvement otherwise faces the axe.
joffa isnt going too badly, his in the top 3 bowling averages

joffa isnt going too badly, his in the top 3 bowling averages

Exactly right. No doubt berger is just trying to stir up trouble.

Fact is, every time any team of note plays them, if they can ensure BO'C and Rowdy do nothing (which happens by default when they're not playing!), then you will beat them. That has never been a secret.

Like Rosebank without Plumpton and Sampimon, Rosanna without Dunbar and Almatrah, Edinburgh without Branigan and Brown, Heidelberg without their Lasith and Favrin. Take out every team's best couple, and they would very quickly be back amongst the pack. Maybe not to the degree that Banyule are, but no other team would vie for a flag if you took away their best two players.

Fact is, every time any team of note plays them, if they can ensure BO'C and Rowdy do nothing (which happens by default when they're not playing!), then you will beat them. That has never been a secret.

Like Rosebank without Plumpton and Sampimon, Rosanna without Dunbar and Almatrah, Edinburgh without Branigan and Brown, Heidelberg without their Lasith and Favrin. Take out every team's best couple, and they would very quickly be back amongst the pack. Maybe not to the degree that Banyule are, but no other team would vie for a flag if you took away their best two players.
Not trying to stir up trouble at all. There was a crisis meeting at Banyule the other night about what direction to take for this year and beyond. $$$$$$ have been mention to lure players. Real problems down there and that comes from an insider.

terrible news on the w/end with ric going down had a few beers with him after the game a couple of weeks ago everybody down at the kennel wish him a speedy recovery ,thought are with his family

The young cubs get heidelberg over the line against the all mighty rosanna, The new look Banyule boys knock some feathers out of the Burras who are flying, East put up a good fight against Rosebank and a highly entertaining, high scoring battle between Viewbank and West rounded up a great way to end the year, hopefully as the seasons go our comp can grow and deveolp into one that sees every game as unpredictable as the next and young cricketers been the ones who stand up, not just the same old shadbolts, plumps, and mcmurrys

The young cubs get heidelberg over the line against the all mighty rosanna, The new look Banyule boys knock some feathers out of the Burras who are flying, East put up a good fight against Rosebank and a highly entertaining, high scoring battle between Viewbank and West rounded up a great way to end the year, hopefully as the seasons go our comp can grow and deveolp into one that sees every game as unpredictable as the next and young cricketers been the ones who stand up, not just the same old shadbolts, plumps, and mcmurrys
premiership predictions at the half way mark :A GRADE rosebank to defeat rosanna :B GRADE nth heidelberg to defeat rosebank :C GRADE edinburgh to defeat rosebank

premiership predictions at the half way mark :A GRADE rosebank to defeat rosanna :B GRADE nth heidelberg to defeat rosebank :C GRADE edinburgh to defeat rosebank

A Grade - Edinburgh to defeat Heidelberg
B Grade - Edinburgh to defeat North Heidelberg
C Grade - Rosebank to defeat Edinburgh

Rosebank/NBrunswick too good for the Bergs on the weekend. it will take a good team to beat them this year. Dont understimate the Bergs ability to fight back come finals time.

Rosebank/NBrunswick too good for the Bergs on the weekend. it will take a good team to beat them this year. Dont understimate the Bergs ability to fight back come finals time.
The bergers were accounted for too easily by Rosebank, can't see them recovering from a hiding like that in time for finals, and if they come against them again in a semi i think the result will be the same, rosebank are a class above the rest

The bergers were accounted for too easily by Rosebank, can't see them recovering from a hiding like that in time for finals, and if they come against them again in a semi i think the result will be the same, rosebank are a class above the rest

Unbelievably tight finals series coming up, and some very interesting games still to come as well with Rosebank and Rosanna clashing this week, and Heidelberg and Edinburgh in the final round, which will no doubt have a bearing on which spots in the four they all end up taking.

Rosebank have two stars, two good players and the rest just go. Heidelber's bowling is very good, but batting is very brittle. Rosanna and Edinburgh are quite similar in terms of their batting and bowling depth, but Rosanna seem to beat the poor teams more comfortably than the Burra do, though I'm not sure what that means! Whilst they were slaughtered by Rosebank on Saturday, Heidelberg have beaten both Rosanna and Edinburgh this season, so that has to be taken into account. Interestingly, Edinburgh have comfortably dealt with Rosebank both times this season as well, which adds to the intrigue and tightness of this season.

I think the ladder will be Rosebank, Edinburgh, Rosanna and Heidelberg.

In B grade, it looks like a battle between three being Rosebank, North Heidelberg and Edinburgh. Edinburgh defeated North Heidelberg on the weekend, so it looks like they have the wood on them for the time being. Amusingly, the NH boys were convinced that Edinburgh's opening batsman had come down from the 1's to strengthen them, which I found hard to believe, and was confirmed as such when I checked the scorecards this morning. Rosebank just keep on keeping on, and are going about things quietly whilst the HDCA prays that NH and Edinburgh don't clash in a grand final. Just having a look at the ladder though, and don't write off Old Ivanhoe if they manage to sneak in; they have some very good players.

Unbelievably tight finals series coming up, and some very interesting games still to come as well with Rosebank and Rosanna clashing this week, and Heidelberg and Edinburgh in the final round, which will no doubt have a bearing on which spots in the four they all end up taking.

Rosebank have two stars, two good players and the rest just go. Heidelber's bowling is very good, but batting is very brittle. Rosanna and Edinburgh are quite similar in terms of their batting and bowling depth, but Rosanna seem to beat the poor teams more comfortably than the Burra do, though I'm not sure what that means! Whilst they were slaughtered by Rosebank on Saturday, Heidelberg have beaten both Rosanna and Edinburgh this season, so that has to be taken into account. Interestingly, Edinburgh have comfortably dealt with Rosebank both times this season as well, which adds to the intrigue and tightness of this season.

In B grade, it looks like a battle between three being Rosebank, North Heidelberg and Edinburgh. Edinburgh defeated North Heidelberg on the weekend, so it looks like they have the wood on them for the time being. Amusingly, the NH boys were convinced that Edinburgh's opening batsman had come down from the 1's to strengthen them, which I found hard to believe, and was confirmed as such when I checked the scorecards this morning. Rosebank just keep on keeping on, and are going about things quietly whilst the HDCA prays that NH and Edinburgh don't clash in a grand final. Just having a look at the ladder though, and don't write off Old Ivanhoe if they manage to sneak in; they have some very good players.

Great obsevations, I don't there has been such a tight top 4 since a while ago, it is fascinating that Burra have beaten Rosebank easily on 2 occasions, Rosebank have smashed Heidelberg twice yet Heidelberg beat Edinburgh, not too mention the Bergers have been beaten and have beaten Rosanna.

When it comes to the finals it purely will be which team's stars out do each other, the burras batting is very solid, while ther bowling is probably the weakest of the 4 whilst Heidelbergs bowling is very strong and deep, their batting is clearly the worst of the 4 but you can'r rule out Steve Favrin or the import to get runs, Rosanna are evenly placed with a solid team with no out and out stars and Rosebank rely on their 2 superstars to carry the team, which they can afford to do as those 2 players are all class. I think Heidelberg will bounce back against East and then follow up with a big win against the Burra to finish 2nd- 1. Bankers, 2. Bergers, 3. Burra, 4. Rosanna- Whatever the cast it should be a very good finals series.

Don't rule out Old Ivanhoe, there are some very good players in that team

I think Heidelberg will bounce back against East and then follow up with a big win against the Burra to finish 2nd- 1. Bankers, 2. Bergers, 3. Burra, 4. Rosanna- Whatever the cast it should be a very good finals series.

Provided the top 4 continues to defeat the bottom 4, but that other results go the way you suggest, then Rosanna have to finish above Edinburgh. That would set up Rosebank v Edinburgh and Heidelberg v Rosanna; a mouthwatering prospect!

No scenario has taken into account an outright win by either Edinburgh or Heidelberg this round, or Rosebank in the final round though, and based on their respective opponents you'd have to think there is a decent chance that would occur. Plenty of intrigue still to come this season!

"'Rosebank have two stars, two good players and the rest just go" I partly agree with you there moneybank. They rely heavily on their 2 stars, the rest arent all that good and just make up the numbers. If their stars fail the team seem to fail.

no excuses edinburgh to good on the w/end but pretty sure tom has played more in the 1's than 2's this season.....here's hoping to a ripper finals series

no excuses edinburgh to good on the w/end but pretty sure tom has played more in the 1's than 2's this season.....here's hoping to a ripper finals series

Yes Kennel, but he's a keeper who bats at 8 or 9 when he plays 1's; hardly a plant to increase the chances of victory against your mob! Once again, NH looking to blame everyone but themselves for a substandard performance. No doubt they have the talent, but do they have the ticker against good opposition? I think Rosebank are the team to beat in 2nd grade, especially if both Capaldo and Christofoli play, they'll have NH and Edinburgh hopping scared.

Anyone else find it strange that Almatrah has been back "playing" for two matches, but is yet to bat? Can't be a great preparation for finals (or even this week against Rosebank) where there is no doubt Rosanna need him to be in good touch.

Looking forward to finals series in A grade, but think Rosanna will take it out again, as said most teams have 2 guns rest fall away, i think rosanna have a very solid 11, and i think as well as dunbar and almatrah you'd have to throw Raywood in as a 3rd gun in that side surely

Yes Kennel, but he's a keeper who bats at 8 or 9 when he plays 1's; hardly a plant to increase the chances of victory against your mob!

True there, moneybank. You've only got to look at Tom's stats in MyCricket. He's played 5 games in the 1s and 4 in the 2s but has batted twice in A grade this season without making a run.

Anyone else find it strange that Almatrah has been back "playing" for two matches, but is yet to bat? Can't be a great preparation for finals (or even this week against Rosebank) where there is no doubt Rosanna need him to be in good touch.

Well, last week was a one-dayer and the Sannas chased down East Ivanhoe's score losing only one wicket. Why he didn't bat in their win over Viewbank when they lost 5 wickets is anyone's guess. But, yeah, you think he'd want one or two hits in the middle before the finals and time is running out. He hasn't been eligible for the T20s either since he didn't play any of the earlier matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back