HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st grade: Tony "Mr Worldwide" Tenuta (Rosebank-North Brunswick)
2nd grade: Mike Wayman (The Heidelberg Club)
3rd grade: Lincoln Maurer (Rosanna Reptiles)

Ari, really???? Why???? You are such a superstar we'd always welcome someone of your ability at our club.
Your record, well it's breathless! and the way you appeal when some unlucky batsmen gets given out when they are'nt,
is delicious!!! Do you work out how many wickets you'll get on a Monday or Wednesday?? Do the umps get an hand written
note or a photo copy??? maybe sms??

Ari, really???? Why???? You are such a superstar we'd always welcome someone of your ability at our club.
Your record, well it's breathless! and the way you appeal when some unlucky batsmen gets given out when they are'nt,
is delicious!!! Do you work out how many wickets you'll get on a Monday or Wednesday?? Do the umps get an hand written
How can a record be breathless man? Come on, in order for something to be breathless, it has to have breath in the first place. Lets all ensure that the content in these posts on this forum meet some sort of basic primary school level cohesion.

Coming from Rosanna surely you cannot be talking about appealing when a batsman isn't out?

Were Rosanna showing they had youth when they Played Jack Langford in the GF i remember taking him for 30 off 3 a couple of seasons back. There must be no young blokes coming through down there if he got a game. Who's next in line after him

Were Rosanna showing they had youth when they Played Jack Langford in the GF i remember taking him for 30 off 3 a couple of seasons back. There must be no young blokes coming through down there if he got a game. Who's next in line after him
We have got plenty of young blokes coming through freak show. We probably have just as much talent with our younger blokes than any other hdca club. Our u17s also won the premiership this season in the gold division.

Gee i played in the HDCA comp a couple years back and i look it now how the hell is Dan kelly playing and making runs in a Grand Final. Last time i saw him playing cricket was in 3rd Grade against West Ivanhoe and he was struggling to make a run against them. Shane Doherty that kid played against my brother 2 seasons ago in u/13s and couldn't land 1 on the green stuff. No wonder this comps folded and Rosanna's left. Nick Biscontin getting wickets in A grade the list just keeps getting worse. The kid has a bunny hop when he runs to the crease

We have got plenty of young blokes coming through freak show. We probably have just as much talent with our younger blokes than any other hdca club. Our u17s also won the premiership this season in the gold division.
i used to hit all your juniors to all parts of DE Winton when i played against them. I'd love to Play your Side in 5-10 years time if their going to be getting a game I'd back myself to make a TON everytime

You have got to be joking. I had a quick look at some of the junior rep squads for the season just passed. In the Under 12s there was no Rosanna player in the rep squad, that team consisted a lot of North Alphington and East Ivanhoe. Moving up to the 14s, the squad consisted of 4 HCC players, 5 ECC and the rest, 1 Rosanna player. In the 16s HDCA team there was 6 Heidelberg players (no rosanna). 5 of these young fellas have scored SENIOR grade centuries last season, one been Jacob Smith who actually won the batting average for 3rd grade. There is no doubt your First XI are very succesfull and a very solid team, but i wont accept that you have the best youth. You blokes come no where near close to East Ivanhoe, Edinburgh and Heidelberg

i used to hit all your juniors to all parts of DE Winton when i played against them. I'd love to Play your Side in 5-10 years time if their going to be getting a game I'd back myself to make a TON everytime
Well aren't you just a superstar. We won the best junior grade premiership as well as runners up in the under 15s. Had under 15 boys win the batting and bowling averages in the competition. We also had one of our young blokes captain the hdca under 21 team. Had many juniors play in our 2nds this season and show plenty potential for the future. I wouldnt worry about our club in 5 years time, the majority of our first eleven will still be playing and our players who are under 21 are only going to improve. Dont think we have anything to worry about when it comes to our juniors and young blokes. Maybe you should worry about your own clubs youth.

yeah you've lost me, don't really bowl much in all honesty. and this is pretty rich coming from a rosanna man such as yourself considering the way lasith fernando was given out in the the final.

We have got plenty of young blokes coming through freak show. We probably have just as much talent with our younger blokes than any other hdca club.
settle down smurf. you've got some good younger blokes, that's a given. but you have absolutely no where near the depth of a East Ivanhoe Saints or a Heidelberg - no where near.

Well aren't you just a superstar. We won the best junior grade premiership as well as one in the under 15s. Had under 15 boys win the batting and bowling averages in the competition. We also had one of our young blokes captain the hdca under 21 team. Had many juniors play in our 2nds this season and show plenty potential for the future. I wouldnt worry about our club in 5 years time, the majority of our first eleven will still be playing and our players who are under 21 are only going to improve. Dont think we have anything to worry about when it comes to our juniors and young blokes. Maybe you should worry about your own clubs youth.

Well done on the 17s, once again one can't argue against flags but i recall rosanna won a 17s flag a few years ago with some stars in that team, where are they now? Dorrington, Fennel, Brentnall, Jackson and Becker, perhaps they all jumped ship becuase they were playing 4ths-3rds a year after they won the flag. Had another look at the stats i think you are misguided about a 15s team winning a flag, and unless they are winning medals in gold its not much to call home about. In regards to your 21s captain, i recall the only reason he got the gig becuase he was the only player over 20 years old in the squad.

Well aren't you just a superstar. We won the best junior grade premiership as well as one in the under 15s. Had under 15 boys win the batting and bowling averages in the competition. We also had one of our young blokes captain the hdca under 21 team. Had many juniors play in our 2nds this season and show plenty potential for the future. I wouldnt worry about our club in 5 years time, the majority of our first eleven will still be playing and our players who are under 21 are only going to improve. Dont think we have anything to worry about when it comes to our juniors and young blokes. Maybe you should worry about your own clubs youth.
As long as i'm at my Club don't have a thing to worry about i've got plenty of years ahead of me. Your Under 21 Capatin rang me during the season and asked how to make runs in 2nd grade HDCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back