HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done on the 17s, once again one can't argue against flags but i recall rosanna won a 17s flag a few years ago with some stars in that team, where are they now? Dorrington, Fennel, Brentnall, Jackson and Becker, perhaps they all jumped ship becuase they were playing 4ths-3rds a year after they won the flag. Had another look at the stats i think you are misguided about a 15s team winning a flag, and unless they are winning medals in gold its not much to call home about. In regards to your 21s captain, i recall the only reason he got the gig becuase he was the only player over 20 years old in the squad.
exception to Matt Jackson as he is playing district cricket now

Well done on the 17s, once again one can't argue against flags but i recall rosanna won a 17s flag a few years ago with some stars in that team, where are they now? Dorrington, Fennel, Brentnall, Jackson and Becker, perhaps they all jumped ship becuase they were playing 4ths-3rds a year after they won the flag. Had another look at the stats i think you are misguided about a 15s team winning a flag, and unless they are winning medals in gold its not much to call home about. In regards to your 21s captain, i recall the only reason he got the gig becuase he was the only player over 20 years old in the squad.

A couple of those boys have gone on to district cricket. Others are either playing cricket elsewhere or not at all. This is not because they were stuck playing 3rds or 4ths after they won the flag. I also highly doubt Stefan was appointed captain because of his age as I am sure there were other players at a similar age.
Freak show said he would love to play our club in 5 years time because our youth isn't any good and our future is bleak. Just pointing out why I disagree.

As long as i'm at my Club don't have a thing to worry about i've got plenty of years ahead of me. Your Under 21 Capatin rang me during the season and asked how to make runs in 2nd grade HDCA.
So your not from the hdca, which comp are you playing in freak show? Based on your comments bagging Rosanna im assuming your from a strong club with good juniors.

Well aren't you just a superstar. We won the best junior grade premiership as well as runners up in the under 15s. Had under 15 boys win the batting and bowling averages in the competition. We also had one of our young blokes captain the hdca under 21 team. Had many juniors play in our 2nds this season and show plenty potential for the future. I wouldnt worry about our club in 5 years time, the majority of our first eleven will still be playing and our players who are under 21 are only going to improve. Dont think we have anything to worry about when it comes to our juniors and young blokes. Maybe you should worry about your own clubs youth.

First and foremost, hanging your hat on the HDCA U/21 skipper proves that you also believe the juniors at your team are rubbish. He has played one game of 1st grade cricket in the past two seasons. If you haven't made it as a 21 year old, you'll never make it. Visser is a dud.

Secondly, if all your premiership players are still there in five years time, then where will the gun juniors be? Languishing in second and third grade whilst blokes like Niko and Carlton continue to underperform yet inexplicably keep their spots because they're great mates with the skipper? Hardly, they'll move elsewhere if they're any good.

From the 12 (I'll include Shelton because he missed through injury) who played in the flag, I would be shocked if the following are still playing at Rosanna in five years time:
D Dunbar
S Dunbar
J Raywood
S Shelton
S Sheehan
S Nikolovski

That's half the team, which is fine provided you have strength coming through the grades, but the fact is Rosanna do not. And, if they move to DVCA, then there juniors will suffer as parents don't want to be driving further north than they have to on a Friday evening. I'd hazard a guess that the Rosanna juniors, rather than drawing from the Macleod/Watsonia/Greensborough belt are far more likely to draw players from the Heidelberg/Eaglemont/Ivanhoe region (especially as the area to the W of Rosanna Rd/Waiora Rd is bereft of junior cricket clubs), and at least initially this will have an effect on your junior numbers as the club transitions from HDCA to DVCA.

First and foremost, hanging your hat on the HDCA U/21 skipper proves that you also believe the juniors at your team are rubbish. He has played one game of 1st grade cricket in the past two seasons. If you haven't made it as a 21 year old, you'll never make it. Visser is a dud.

Secondly, if all your premiership players are still there in five years time, then where will the gun juniors be? Languishing in second and third grade whilst blokes like Niko and Carlton continue to underperform yet inexplicably keep their spots because they're great mates with the skipper? Hardly, they'll move elsewhere if they're any good.

From the 12 (I'll include Shelton because he missed through injury) who played in the flag, I would be shocked if the following are still playing at Rosanna in five years time:
D Dunbar
S Dunbar
J Raywood
S Shelton
S Sheehan
S Nikolovski

That's half the team, which is fine provided you have strength coming through the grades, but the fact is Rosanna do not. And, if they move to DVCA, then there juniors will suffer as parents don't want to be driving further north than they have to on a Friday evening. I'd hazard a guess that the Rosanna juniors, rather than drawing from the Macleod/Watsonia/Greensborough belt are far more likely to draw players from the Heidelberg/Eaglemont/Ivanhoe region (especially as the area to the W of Rosanna Rd/Waiora Rd is bereft of junior cricket clubs), and at least initially this will have an effect on your junior numbers as the club transitions from HDCA to DVCA.

Im interested in your theory of why those players won't be playing in 5 years time. I agree with 2 of them and 1 other may be a chance but dont see why all 6 won't be around in 5 years. As for us not having strength in the grades coming through I disagree as I have said earlier. Jack Langford is the perfect example from the grand final.

That

D Dunbar
S Dunbar
J Raywood
S Shelton
S Sheehan
S Nikolovski

That was what i was trying to get at but i lacked the finishing touches on my arguement. So while all these players continue to play for years on end what will happen to these really "good" juniors. Are they expected to wait in the lower grades while these older players take up their positions? Surely not..

Im interested in your theory of why those players won't be playing in 5 years time. I agree with 2 of them and 1 other may be a chance but dont see why all 6 won't be around in 5 years. As for us not having strength in the grades coming through I disagree as I have said earlier. Jack Langford is the perfect example from the grand final.
Im curious, why didn't we see Jack earlier in the season? With players like Crawford and Nikolovski wasting spots in your team this season you would think that you had the perfect oppurtunity to play some of your kids and show your true depth. Instead you had them play instead of who?

Im interested in your theory of why those players won't be playing in 5 years time. I agree with 2 of them and 1 other may be a chance but dont see why all 6 won't be around in 5 years. As for us not having strength in the grades coming through I disagree as I have said earlier. Jack Langford is the perfect example from the grand final.[/quote
If Jack Langford and that bloke Stefan with maybe 7 or 8 juniors is your A Grade Future. I'm going to cash in against your Side after all the torment you put through my former club over the last 10 years. I would make sure I showed no Mercy towards your Future Team. Even if it is 10 years i have to wait. I'll be itching for that day when finally those Players who have been in the shadows playing 2nd and 3rds cricket have to step into the next level.

Whats all this comotion about. People trying to see who's juniors are better and what there going to be doing in 5-10 years time. Just think about next season before talking about 5-10 years down the track. Been hearing things that Errinsburra Emus have made 2nd thoughts about joining the ECA. Can this be confirmed

Im curious, why didn't we see Jack earlier in the season? With players like Crawford and Nikolovski wasting spots in your team this season you would think that you had the perfect oppurtunity to play some of your kids and show your true depth. Instead you had them play instead of who?
Im sure we will see Jack playing a lot more cricket in the 1sts. This season he only really played after Xmas. Before Xmas he had year 12 committments and could hardly train. Otherwise Im sure he wouldve played more in the 1sts.
Not always easy to play everyone when you have 9 blokes play 90%+ of the games during the season. Young blokes will be given opportunities. some were this year and no doubt more will be next year.
Freak show you still havent mentioned what competition you play in. You must be pretty good.

Im sure we will see Jack playing a lot more cricket in the 1sts. This season he only really played after Xmas. Before Xmas he had year 12 committments and could hardly train. Otherwise Im sure he wouldve played more in the 1sts.
Not always easy to play everyone when you have 9 blokes play 90%+ of the games during the season. Young blokes will be given opportunities. some were this year and no doubt more will be next year.
Freak show you still havent mentioned what competition you play in. You must be pretty good.
Honestly I Rosanna would have been a stronger team both last season and next with Vissar and Langford in instead of Nikolovski and Crawford, if they are genuine about the future they would have played these kids instead of 2 players that aren't up to A grade cricket.

Whats all this comotion about. People trying to see who's juniors are better and what there going to be doing in 5-10 years time. Just think about next season before talking about 5-10 years down the track. Been hearing things that Errinsburra Emus have made 2nd thoughts about joining the ECA. Can this be confirmed
heard this as well, will there be a complete merger or are these HDCA clubs just going to go into the JIKA?

- Banyule, Edinburgh and EI have been offered ECA spots (not sure on grades), which they've all but committed to

- HDCA and NMCA administrators are in discussions to form a "super league" type arrangement with two senior shields where the competitions are effectively the top four and the bottom four from each comp. It is this group that is trying to convince Edinburgh and Banyule to at least slow down their decision, and find out whether the proposed competition may be compelling. There is no truth to the rumour that the two shields will be known as "Barnes" and "Shadbolt" should Edinburgh and Banyule sign up and stay in the north region...

You can carry on about juniors all you want, but at the end of the day, if you have the right culture at your club, the right people, and proper management, future shouldn't be a problem. As much as it pains me to say it, look at moneybank, they have a good culture, high class players, and had juniors for no more than 2-3 seasons over the passed 15 or so years. Although they may be paying more than half of their players, even i doubt that they would be able to survive off just money and no juniors...

You can carry on about juniors all you want, but at the end of the day, if you have the right culture at your club, the right people, and proper management, future shouldn't be a problem. As much as it pains me to say it, look at moneybank, they have a good culture, high class players, and had juniors for no more than 2-3 seasons over the passed 15 or so years. Although they may be paying more than half of their players, even i doubt that they would be able to survive off just money and no juniors...

I understand what you're trying to say, but the fact is there are plenty of clubs across Melbourne, in other competitions, who survive (actually, who thrive) without juniors. However, generally they are competing against teams who are also standalone senior clubs and face the same challenges. The fact is, at Rosebank, having a great culture is the difference between Plumpton playing for $20k rather than the $25k he could get in the VTCA. At some point, the money doesn't go far enough (usually at the point when flags stop being won) and people slowly filter away from the club, and at a club in Rosebank's position those people aren't replaced by juniors moving up the grades.

I believe they have already fallen from five teams when they first joined HDCA, to three now. It doesn't matter which way you spin it, that is not a good sign.

I'm so glad we're leaving! at the meeting everyone was ducking for cover and quitting the executive! Now your in talks on starting a super comp and none of the clubs know about it!! The only clubs that have been meeting with Jika are the ones
that were going to leave!!! That's one of the reasons we left, all the executive do is look after themselves and not the rest
of the clubs. I've done some homework on Moneybank, as I think they are the best club in the HDCA that we played against,
and they would be perfect for the DVCA, Rosebank have never had 5 teams, they have always had 3 and a one day team, thay had 3 junior teams the year bafore they left jika, so the way your spinning it! Is making it up as you go?? All three junior teams played in grandfinals, funny about that.
Good culture best team we played against hopefully they can swallow thier pride and apply to DVCA and play Money for a year or two. I know they are not liked, but you have to respect them for what they have achieved.

I understand what you're trying to say, but the fact is there are plenty of clubs across Melbourne, in other competitions, who survive (actually, who thrive) without juniors. However, generally they are competing against teams who are also standalone senior clubs and face the same challenges. The fact is, at Rosebank, having a great culture is the difference between Plumpton playing for $20k rather than the $25k he could get in the VTCA. At some point, the money doesn't go far enough (usually at the point when flags stop being won) and people slowly filter away from the club, and at a club in Rosebank's position those people aren't replaced by juniors moving up the grades.

I believe they have already fallen from five teams when they first joined HDCA, to three now. It doesn't matter which way you spin it, that is not a good sign.

Pretty sure they had 4 teams this year. I have also heard that Rosebank CC may be interested in DVCA if they can field juniors. They wouldn't like playing in Money but they reckon if Camrea can do it , they will probably make a better fist of it. Time will tell

I'm so glad we're leaving! at the meeting everyone was ducking for cover and quitting the executive! Now your in talks on starting a super comp and none of the clubs know about it!! The only clubs that have been meeting with Jika are the ones
that were going to leave!!! That's one of the reasons we left, all the executive do is look after themselves and not the rest
of the clubs. I've done some homework on Moneybank, as I think they are the best club in the HDCA that we played against,
and they would be perfect for the DVCA, Rosebank have never had 5 teams, they have always had 3 and a one day team, thay had 3 junior teams the year bafore they left jika, so the way your spinning it! Is making it up as you go?? All three junior teams played in grandfinals, funny about that.
Good culture best team we played against hopefully they can swallow thier pride and apply to DVCA and play Money for a year or two. I know they are not liked, but you have to respect them for what they have achieved.

Why didn't Rosanna ever have anyone on the MC. Easy to pot the blokes who tried there hardest for the hdca when you blokes took a back seat and just pointed fingers. Hope your stuck in 2nd grade for a long long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back