HDCA cricket forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA cricket forum

butterball;362134 said:
Wowee, reading info from their official website - you must have all the best HDCA connections!

I think you will find he has other connections who may also have an inside word or may have provide some guidance with the whole process.

Slapper;363207 said:
I think you will find he has other connections who may also have an inside word or may have provide some guidance with the whole process.

But what do those connections matter if the 'grapevine' he refers to is providing him with information that anyone can get by taking a look at the Edinburgh website?

butterball;363221 said:
But what do those connections matter if the 'grapevine' he refers to is providing him with information that anyone can get by taking a look at the Edinburgh website?

That is fair enough, maybe he could quote or state - from a reliable source

So with Greensborough Goneski, and a number of teams having personnel changes for the season ahead, what do you think will happen, do you have a preconceived idea of the final four or a full ladder. Are there any players shooting the lights out at training that might make the step up or players who might step down after long runs in the top grades.

Teams - Banyule, East Ivanhoe, Edinburgh, Heidelberg, Heidelberg West, Rosanna, Rosebank, Viewbank.

My Thoughts -

New blood in the Viewbank and Heidelberg sides will turn some heads. Heidelberg West to build on their past season. Rosebank will be strong but new opposition will test them out. Rosanna to play some kiddies? Banyule to continue to strengthen but for how much longer? Edinburgh to try and get into finals new imports if they arrive to help them along. East Ivanhoe under threat of relegation.

More thoughts will follow as the season closes in

Slapper;363235 said:
So with Greensborough Goneski, and a number of teams having personnel changes for the season ahead, what do you think will happen, do you have a preconceived idea of the final four or a full ladder. Are there any players shooting the lights out at training that might make the step up or players who might step down after long runs in the top grades.

Teams - Banyule, East Ivanhoe, Edinburgh, Heidelberg, Heidelberg West, Rosanna, Rosebank, Viewbank.

My Thoughts -

New blood in the Viewbank and Heidelberg sides will turn some heads. Heidelberg West to build on their past season. Rosebank will be strong but new opposition will test them out. Rosanna to play some kiddies? Banyule to continue to strengthen but for how much longer? Edinburgh to try and get into finals new imports if they arrive to help them along. East Ivanhoe under threat of relegation.

More thoughts will follow as the season closes in

Rosebank to walk through the season undefeated. Can't see anyone getting that close. Maybe there 2's will have some competition now with North Heidelberg coming into the mix.

YouKnowNothing;363284 said:
Rosebank to walk through the season undefeated. Can't see anyone getting that close. Maybe there 2's will have some competition now with North Heidelberg coming into the mix.

north heidelberg will be the new east ivanhoe, relying on one or two players too win there games for them (dulip, kerveeze or marks)

my tip is for banyule to go thru the season unbeaten,they are such a good side on paper they look almost unbeatable and for view bank to push for finals.

if you cannot see a good 1st hdca side, like banyule getting close to rosebank, then you have another thing coming my friend.

is this guy genuine?

I think he might need some re-evaluating, but there is nothing wrong with a little confidence this early. I am sure they are training the house down, I did hear a rumour there were large numbers at there training sessions.

jennyfromtheclub;363421 said:
north heidelberg will be the new east ivanhoe, relying on one or two players too win there games for them (dulip, kerveeze or marks)

my tip is for banyule to go thru the season unbeaten,they are such a good side on paper they look almost unbeatable and for view bank to push for finals.

Interesting to see you think Banyule will be the undefeated club, so 2 different people think 2 different teams will go undefeated...I believe that the comp is getting even more competative and an undefeated season will not happen, agree though that there will be teams who dramatically improve and new teams will push the top 4

ari gold;363485 said:
if you cannot see a good 1st hdca side, like banyule getting close to rosebank, then you have another thing coming my friend.

this "you know nothing" bloke is a clown he is probly some 4th grade has beeen that has no clue

Good to see more recruits hitting the track at various clubs, should be very intersting when the dust settles...:)

jennyfromtheclub;363713 said:
this "you know nothing" bloke is a clown he is probly some 4th grade has beeen that has no clue

Not always a good option to assume someone cant play, but I am sure when all is said and done if he can play it will happen in this undefeated season of theirs :D

I notice alot of talk about 1st grade on this site which is all well and good but which clubs do we think will be winning the premierships in the lower grades?
How good are North Heidelberg expected to be?

How good are North Heidelberg expected to be?[/QUOTE]

their 2 opening bowlers are quicker than anything in A-GRADE, i kid you not, and one of them would bat 3 or 4 in A-grade, did open the bowling in District, not that long ago.

The Spent Force;363749 said:
I notice alot of talk about 1st grade on this site which is all well and good but which clubs do we think will be winning the premierships in the lower grades?

I think some of the lower grades will have a few clubs who were easy beats surprise and make a play for the finals, new selection criteria and an open policy would make this come true.

Talk of North Heidelberg seems to be they will be strong, but you never know until you see them in the flesh, same with the guys from Rosebank.

Slapper;363994 said:
I think some of the lower grades will have a few clubs who were easy beats surprise and make a play for the finals, new selection criteria and an open policy would make this come true.

Talk of North Heidelberg seems to be they will be strong, but you never know until you see them in the flesh, same with the guys from Rosebank.

well they all talk the talk, we will just have to see if they can walk the walk

sidney;363832 said:

their 2 opening bowlers are quicker than anything in A-GRADE, i kid you not, and one of them would bat 3 or 4 in A-grade, did open the bowling in District, not that long ago.[/QUOTE]

Does this fast bowler/batsman have a name? From what I have been told there isn't any great pace in A-Grade anyway, or at least I hope there isn't!

sidney;363832 said:

their 2 opening bowlers are quicker than anything in A-GRADE, i kid you not, and one of them would bat 3 or 4 in A-grade, did open the bowling in District, not that long ago.[/QUOTE]

Completely guessing, as I have no idea on this at all, but does one of them play footy at North Heidelberg?

If so, definitely quick, but some of the better batsmen getting around the HDCA will pick him off because he sprays it BIG time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back