HDCA Juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA Juniors

HDCA boys did good in U14 Falcons.
Marcus Macleod: Bowled well,not much oppurtunity to bat. pitched the ball up and swung it. Great job in the field.

Seb Nicolosi: Got a stiff LBW decision but showed his batting class in 4 games, did most of the keeping and fielded well.

Jack Rudd: Bowled economically in the middle overs and picked to bowl the last over in 3 games. Only 1 real chance to bat. Opened in last game made 41 run out. Gun fielder.

Sam Harbinson: Bowled with zip and fielded brilliantly. Only 1 real chance to bat and scored a 50.

Goliath;317410 said:
HDCA boys did good in U14 Falcons.
Marcus Macleod: Bowled well,not much oppurtunity to bat. pitched the ball up and swung it. Great job in the field.

Seb Nicolosi: Got a stiff LBW decision but showed his batting class in 4 games, did most of the keeping and fielded well.

Jack Rudd: Bowled economically in the middle overs and picked to bowl the last over in 3 games. Only 1 real chance to bat. Opened in last game made 41 run out. Gun fielder.

Sam Harbinson: Bowled with zip and fielded brilliantly. Only 1 real chance to bat and scored a 50.

i heard nicolosi and macleod didnt have great weeks?

Each player did his job and made important contributions to the team during the series. Marcus came in to bat with 3 balls remaining and 3 runs to get and grabbed a single so the in form Tom Goulding could then belt a 3 to win. Seb scored runs and always looked dangerous.

Goliath;317737 said:
Each player did his job and made important contributions to the team during the series. Marcus came in to bat with 3 balls remaining and 3 runs to get and grabbed a single so the in form Tom Goulding could then belt a 3 to win. Seb scored runs and always looked dangerous.

the problem with the falcons is that seb was batting at number 5
he is the best batsman in that team by a fair margin
even though ben lennon made the most runs seb wasnt given much of a chance
ben lennon is a good batsman but seb is a freak

swifty_147;317822 said:

i think lennon was the right choice to bat 3
maybe seb should have been opening?

I don't think its a good tactic to send your keeper in to open after he has kept in 40+ temp with pads on and expect him to bat a hole innings and Seb was keeper most of the time. Seb was needed at No 5 as if we lost early wickets we had to have a gun to bat it out and belt a few 6s. Seb and Ben are both brilliant batsmen and along with Luke Sandy were the most likely to hit a six.

Goliath;317852 said:
I don't think its a good tactic to send your keeper in to open after he has kept in 40+ temp with pads on and expect him to bat a hole innings and Seb was keeper most of the time. Seb was needed at No 5 as if we lost early wickets we had to have a gun to bat it out and belt a few 6s. Seb and Ben are both brilliant batsmen and along with Luke Sandy were the most likely to hit a six.

seb opening with the bat would probably bring more value to the team than having him as the keeper,
seb isnt even a proper wicket keeper,
he doesnt even keep for his club team....
so in my opinion you could have gone with ireland with the gloves for the majority of games and use seb as an opener

Yeah Seb opening would be good and Ireland is a good little keeper. Woulda coulda shoulda. At the end of the day you make the most of your opportunities. I dont think anyone worried where they played or who scored more runs than anyone else. The U14s were a great TEAM.

Goliath;317910 said:
Yeah Seb opening would be good and Ireland is a good little keeper. Woulda coulda shoulda. At the end of the day you make the most of your opportunities. I dont think anyone worried where they played or who scored more runs than anyone else. The U14s were a great TEAM.

wouldnt say 'great'
they only won 2 games

heated out for tonight,
one dayers next week could cause some upsets,
finals spots will be up for grabs...
any 15s or 17s predictions for next week?

swifty_147;317822 said:

sebs not a freak but still a crazy bat for like a 14 yr old, his the only person i've seen drive hannan with ease, i've only played him a couple of times but tends to do this thing were he gets on top of the ball when driving and smashed the ball hard into the ground, but it seems to work fair well for him

idontcarewhatitsayshere;318555 said:
edinburgh vs banyule U17 gold will be a good game

banyule!!! man and i got some news for all yu boys that the great j.moio is back and pumped up for a big final's series for yulers 17's and edinbourough mite as well b a one man side

they hav 2 good players who can playy

viola and gairns and gairns seems 2 gone understaed heaps he captains weasly XI and in my mind thats a dicant effort, no1 in the hdca game can swing the ball like viola and is the best fieldsmen i have almost ever seen bar a few except for a few

gleenbutts_10;318769 said:
banyule!!! man and i got some news for all yu boys that the great j.moio is back and pumped up for a big final's series for yulers 17's and edinbourough mite as well b a one man side

they hav 2 good players who can playy

viola and gairns and gairns seems 2 gone understaed heaps he captains weasly XI and in my mind thats a dicant effort, no1 in the hdca game can swing the ball like viola and is the best fieldsmen i have almost ever seen bar a few except for a few

sorry but the 'great j.moio' wont qualify for finals

any juniors do well today in seniors?
s.anand 4 wickets in A grade

bad luck yulers
yeah bowled a good 2nd spell
he had 1/42 off 7 and finished with 4/50 off 14
sam dauer took a brilliant catch in 3rd grade today if i dont mind saying so myself

in reply to who did well in seniors today, a dorrington 36 in 2nd grade. we were going to lose outright if we got bowled out by wests, he batted as well as anyone in that game.

anyone want to name their under 17 green best 11/12?? and howd theyd go against 15 gold

Is That Tommy Flynn By Anychance?

Well an update on Rosanna's Fourth Grades miracle Victory

(Yeah its fourths nobody cares)
But after losing there first innings in week 1 being bowled out for a mere 74 and west ending up on 7/144 Rosanna Comes in week 2 taking 3 wickets in four overs.
Then batting ahead to post a lead of 70.
Then Amazingly Bowls West Ivanhoe for a miraculous 22
In the end Rosanna 4ths win outright!

Oh and as for the juniors playing

S Brisbane Put on a Lovely Partnership with M Mapa of a bout 40-50 odd to Steer Rosanna in the Right Direction

GR8*1;320173 said:
Is That Tommy Flynn By Anychance?

Well an update on Rosanna's Fourth Grades miracle Victory

(Yeah its fourths nobody cares)
But after losing there first innings in week 1 being bowled out for a mere 74 and west ending up on 7/144 Rosanna Comes in week 2 taking 3 wickets in four overs.
Then batting ahead to post a lead of 70.
Then Amazingly Bowls West Ivanhoe for a miraculous 22
In the end Rosanna 4ths win outright!

Yhh they lead by by 60 runs and bowled them out for 23 runs, but still awesome win, awesome bowling

Oh Shit
My Mistake The Partnership Between Sam and Mapa was actaully with Sam and Spank.

My Bad
Soz for spamming :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back