Hilditch And Chappell Sacked

Rixon i question, he has a name but really he just does not feel right. We have a situation where Clarke now seems to be carrying to much power, this is the sort of thing that will again end in tears. Mates employed by mates, MMMM.
I see Geoff Marsh has been appointed to the SriLanka coach job, so the trip to see his son worked out much better than thought for him, bad news for us he was in the thinking. Other names are Geoff Lawson for selector another not to sure person. He did take on the hardest job in the game though, coaching Pakistan.

I think Rixon is tough enough for it. It will be interesting to see if he is appointed interim coach on such a tough series as the SA tour.

Rixon is too much one of the boys. We don't need Clarkes mate coaching. We need someone to discipline the team and help them understand how much harder they need to work to get back on top. After all the work was done clearing the decks it would be typical to replace them with the same goons.

Hooker Hildy is still fronting the press banging on about how much he loves selecting. And he's still selecting. When will he go?

People will start calling him senile if they don't agree with the selections or the team doesn't become no 1 next year. Hope he's ready to be pilloried in the press.

But I think it's a good choice, he's not noticeably in any club - I would hope he doesn't suffer from starry eyed syndrome over Punter the way Hooker does - and he's got a very good brain.

He really is a legend in West Australia. And having a stand named after you at the best cricket ground in the world will always be a plus. :)

Inverarity is a very interesting selection. I agree with Kram81, I also did not see this coming. I hope he does a good job and that CA provide him with enough authority to ensure that he can get things done. The only concern I have came from this:

I It will now be essential to his role as Cricket Australia's National Selector, a position the Argus review equated to that of an "HR manager" for the nation's cricketers. Valuably for a position that will require bold decisions under the critical gaze of cricket watchers, one would have great difficulty finding a man more universally respected in the game in Australia.

He becomes in my opinion one the most important people at CA. Ensuring that he talks to the various states and does not miss young players that need to be fast tracked. His most important job IMO is ensuring that nothing like the Katich disaster happens again.

He seems very well suited to this role .. ie being a good communicator etc. The results over the next 12 months will indicate how good a selection Inverarity is.

I don't know about the next 12 months. The next 2 years more likely.

The Aussies will have a new (relatively) skipper and new management/selectors. Expecting really good results from the get go is a big ask. I can see why people want that, but you can't create a good culture overnight and it sounds like it has been poisonous for a while.

Michael Clarke has started very well as skipper though and hopefully players who are new will be given enough time to settle even if they don't set the world on fire.

I'm not so sure about having such a big group of selectors. That seems counter-productive.

Back