How to get Good speeds in Torrents ?

ArShad

How to get Good speeds in Torrents ?

Friends , plz help me out to get good speeds in Torrents , i am using 2MBPS connection but i hardly get 20kbper sec in Torrents .Kindly help me with ur suggesstions to improve the download speed .

Re: How to get Good speeds in Torrents ?

Storer;300750 said:
Well, the download has to have a lot of seeders, and no leechers.

thanks , and any other settings that i have to change in the Utorrent?

Just make sure all the ports are forwarded correctly.

Your internet provider may be capping your speed (many do) or the download your after isnt that popular.

You could increase the global maximum number of connections in Bandwidth Preferences. If you are using Windows XP, you could apply the patch which increases the number of simultaneous half-open connections. Though the main reason for low speeds would be that your ports aren't forwarded properly or the torrent isn't popular.

Storer;300750 said:
Well, the download has to have a lot of seeders, and no leechers.
The number of leechers doesn't matter. Infact, having more leechers is good since some of upload too.

AB;300822 said:
You could increase the global maximum number of connections in Bandwidth Preferences. If you are using Windows XP, you could apply the patch which increases the number of simultaneous half-open connections. Though the main reason for low speeds would be that your ports aren't forwarded properly or the torrent isn't popular.

The number of leechers doesn't matter. Infact, having more leechers is good since some of upload too.

hI ADMIN , i am also frm India . I am using Crappy BSNL.I have done portforwarding , then also i am getting 30kps download speed in torrents but other HTTP ,FTP downloads i get speed more than 200kb per seconds....
Where can i get the patch ?

ArShad;301149 said:
hI ADMIN , i am also frm India . I am using Crappy BSNL.I have done portforwarding , then also i am getting 30kps download speed in torrents but other HTTP ,FTP downloads i get speed more than 200kb per seconds....
Where can i get the patch ?

You can get it from www.LvlLord.de - Tipps, Tricks & Utilities - Downloads

How many seeds does the torrent have?

a for effort;301274 said:
Lot of people downloading linux ISOs in here then? ;)
I hope so.

Yes, try and use torrents with much more seeds. Seeds are the people who have the full file and actually upload for you. Pick on the popular torrents.

When using utorrent or any torrent downloader for that matter, leave it on overnight and try not to leave it during the daytime. It'll slow down during the daytime because you'll be using the computer during the day, hence you're using bandwidths which are meant to go to your torrent downloading.

Like the previous posters post before, use a torrent with a lot of a seeders as that means that there are more people who are sharing their FULL file with others.

Another thing is to share with otehr people as well. Don't restrict your upload to very little because you'll have to share to get some. It's a case of give and take. The more you give, the more you take.

If the number of resources for a torrent is more, you will get good speed. Another way is try these tricks from my forum:

If you want to Optimize your DSL connection speed,

1) You need to go to Start, then "Run".
2) Type in regedit in the box.
3) Next, go to the registry
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\VxD\MSTCP
Search the string DefaultRcvWindow .
Change the value to 64240 then restart your computer.
Original value is 373360(For restoring if any problem occured)

Click Start-->Run-->type "gpedit.msc" without the "
This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:

Local Computer Policy-->Computer Configuration-->Administrative Templates-->Network-->QOS Packet Scheduler-->Limit Reservable Bandwidth

Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the 'Explain' tab :

"By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default."

So the trick is to ENABLE reservable bandwidth, then set it to ZERO(0).

This will allow the system to reserve nothing, rather than the default 20%.

Tested on XP Pro.
Also working with Win 2000.
It's not working on XP Home Edition.

It's will not increase your download speed much, but it's will make your surfing better.

all these are very famous

You can also make a ping batch file with your IP address. That will atleast improve the speed.

Nice job lifting content off other sites without giving credit. Link has been removed and please don't advertise such sites in the future.
Also, pinging doesn't improve speed, it is used to test the connection or speed.

Got it before me AB. He does that next time and he gets a warning.

Moreover, the trick is rubbish. Nothing that it actually does. Give me 1 way it improves things and I'll change my name.

Hitterman, first and foremost if you're picking up something atleast credit the original source, and for god's sake, stop passing on other people's works as your own "forum's". Advertising like this won't get you anywhere.

I never said that I wrote it. :confused:. Anyway, sorry for posting. I didn't posted for advertising.

if you think it was, no problem. sorry again.

Can you delete that post so that there won't be any future problems?

Back