I can`t post pictures could someone help please?

Palley

I can`t post pictures could someone help please?

I am having trouble posting pictures. Now they are not earth shattering just snaps of my bat. I can get the pictures in the attatchment boxes on the posting screen but when I preview the screen they do not appear. When I select Insert Images
appears, could someone please advise this idiot?

Wayne

Re: I can`t post pictures could someone help please?

Ok, it may be that they are too big, as there is an upload limit of 128kb.

If you right click on the picture and go to properties, it should give you an idea of the size.

Failing that, report back here and I'll send you a log in for the simplyCricket photobucket account so you can link them from there.

I've changed the upload limit to 1MB so you should be able to upload them now, if that was the problem.

Palley said:
I don`t know what that means but thanx

It's a site that allows you to store photos, pictures, videos etc and then link to them on forums or website. For example, it would save simplycricket having the photos on our server, yet they would still show on the site.

I'm sure someone can explain it better than me though lol.

Simple way to do it from your pc is to go to the 'preview' option, click on Additional Options and then browse to the file on your computer and click open.

You can attach up to 4 photos as long as the combined total is no more than a 1mb in size.

I can/have done that but when I preview the page nothing happens. So what you are saying is that if I have the picture file names in the attachment boxes in the additional options section it will show the photos?

Should do, you want something like this:

With the bit in red being the location of the picture. From there it's just a case of hitting post.

Also, I've noticed what AB has said, the file won't always preview in the post.

The attachment/image won't show until you post it. You can't preview the attachments with the preview button.

Thankyou both very much, I may of been able to do it then but too stupid to realise. I appreciate your patience.

Wayne

No, file too big, already posted and timed out are the reasons. A project for another day.
Thankyou for your help though

The other way is to upload them to our photobucket account and link them back.

No size restrictions there and it's very straight forward.

Its only some pictures of my bat. Although important to me on the grand scale of things it ain`t much.

Back