I can`t post pictures could someone help please?

Re: I can`t post pictures could someone help please?

Have a look at this and see what you think, it's easy to use, all you do is navigate to the file and click upload.

The site is http://photobucket.com and the login is simplycricket and password free1234

Once there uploaded there you can add them to here or anywhere else. It might even be worthwhile opening your own account as it can be useful.

I`ve uploaded them to photobucket but now I`m a bit confused as how to get them on the forum.

There should be some boxes underneath the photos on photobucket.

If you copy the text within the box (all you need to do is click on the text and it automatically does it for you), you can then paste it into the post and the picture will appear (like so):

example2.jpg

I`m no sychophant but remember you`re the genius and I`m the pleb. by the end of the night one of us will be a dribbling wreck and they won`t know the difference if it`s me.

wayne

:eek: :laugh:

I keep meaning to do a tutorial for this sort of thing anyway, so you're kinda saving me the work. Also, you have the Bulldog bat (I if remember correctly) and I want to see what it's like.

Easier in someways, as I would probably forget to add something.

So you have the photos uploaded to photobucket now?

Yes but I keep answering your messages before I get anywhere, slurp

I (when I say I, it actually means you!) have finaly posted a picture. All it needs now is for someone to say it`s alright nothing special, when just the time and effort means this bat deserves a standing ovation.
THANKYOU
Wayne

We got there in the end, and it's the first Bulldog bat to be posted on the site!

guys, I have tried to copy and paste a few pics into an open "quick reply" box, but cant seem to do it.
Any advice ???

beenaround;295079 said:
guys, I have tried to copy and paste a few pics into an open "quick reply" box, but cant seem to do it.
Any advice ???

Look at the top of the quick reply box, you should be able to see a few symbols (Bold, Italics etc). The one that lets you post pics is a small yellow-ish square which looks to have a couple of grey mountains in it and a small sun. Click this button and it should take you to a pop-up window where it will ask you to enter the url address of the pic you want to post. Copy and paste the address in there and click "ok" when you're finished.

This should wrap Image tags around the address and will come up as a picture once you've submitted your post.

Hope that helps. If you have any further troubles, post them in here. @|

Try signing up with an image editor such as photobucket. Then make sure that you have got the img tags in the link as well.

Photobucket does this perfectly.

Ljp86;295083 said:
Look at the top of the quick reply box, you should be able to see a few symbols (Bold, Italics etc). The one that lets you post pics is a small yellow-ish square which looks to have a couple of grey mountains in it and a small sun. Click this button and it should take you to a pop-up window where it will ask you to enter the url address of the pic you want to post. Copy and paste the address in there and click "ok" when you're finished.

This should wrap Image tags around the address and will come up as a picture once you've submitted your post.

Hope that helps. If you have any further troubles, post them in here. @|

I only have the pics saved on my PC, not to a web address, so it wont let me paste them in...
If I go thru photo bucket, will it bring them up as "links" on here, or as a pic in the msg guys ?
sorry to be a pain in the arse :mad:

beenaround;295141 said:
I only have the pics saved on my PC, not to a web address, so it wont let me paste them in...
If I go thru photo bucket, will it bring them up as "links" on here, or as a pic in the msg guys ?

This software won't allow pics to be posted directly from hard-drives.

Like what S2C has said, you'll need to use an image hoster such as photobucket or imageshack. Uploading an image on sites such as those two I have mentioned will give each individual pic a url address which can then be posted using the process I have described above.

Try giving that a go, it may take a while before your account is activated but you should have no troubles.

Once again, any problems post them in here.

beenaround;295141 said:
Use Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket which will allow you to upload your pics from your file on your pc. Trust me it's safe and it is good.
By putting up the link we will see the photo. However, photobucket will give you the correct links.

You aren't a pain in the arse mate. That's why we are here to help you out.

which code should i use to transfer them over ?
email & im
direct link
html
or IMG code ???
Tried before, and when I went to post, only the little red cross came up, not the pics.

beenaround;295189 said:
which code should i use to transfer them over ?
email & im
direct link
html
or IMG code ???
Tried before, and when I went to post, only the little red cross came up, not the pics.

IMG code.

Back