I can`t post pictures could someone help please?

Re: I can`t post pictures could someone help please?

beenaround;296247 said:
Used the IMG code guys, and still only the white square with red cross comes up. :mad:
any ideas ??? :confused:
You have to use the [ IMG ] <insert code here [ /IMG ] don't forget I have got spaces there to show you what the image tag looks like.
Take out the spaces and have fun.

rexyizzy.jpg

beenaround;296247 said:
Used the IMG code guys, and still only the white square with red cross comes up. :mad:
any ideas ??? :confused:
Seems like the link is broken. If you have a direct link to the image, just paste the link between the image tags.
Code:
[IMG]Link goes here[/IMG]

Thanks heaps for all your help guys (and especially Suzi), got it all sus'd now.
Cheers !

Ljp86;295156 said:
This software won't allow pics to be posted directly from hard-drives.

Like what S2C has said, you'll need to use an image hoster such as photobucket or imageshack. Uploading an image on sites such as those two I have mentioned will give each individual pic a url address which can then be posted using the process I have described above.

Try giving that a go, it may take a while before your account is activated but you should have no troubles.

Once again, any problems post them in here.

y cant we just google an image and paste it itn, not a real hard request, its how the rest of the world works and everybody seems to think its hard the way big cricket currently does it, i suggest ya make it easy for us and fall into line with the rest of the world. it really is annoying not being able to do this easily:mad:

All you have to do is use the img tags. I know of no sites that simply allow you to copy and paste images in. If you do then by all means show me as I'd love to see how they manage it.

I have a feeling that you are referring to being able to upload images from your hard drive as an attachment. Whilst some sites do allow that, we don't. The simple answer is that we don't have the storage room to handle it, especially when you consider we piggy back our resources off BigFooty and BigSoccer.

Ideally you will save the image and then upload to something like photobucket before linking it to here. Though I'm guilty of it as much as the next person, hotlinking isn't really fair.

IMG tags work as follows -

TAG www.picture.com/this.jpg TAG

So, to get this picture on here-

_45355768_pietersen66.jpg

It would be
url]
(without the spaces)

Alternately, click the
insertimage.gif
button and then copy and paste the image location into the pop up box. That will automatically add the tags for you.

Remember that IMG tags will only work with a valid file type, i.e .jpg, .gif, .png and so on.

crktluva;306752 said:
y cant we just google an image and paste it itn, not a real hard request, its how the rest of the world works

Bzzt, no it doesn't. The software that we use and other forums require images to be hosted using an image hosting website (i.e imageshack, photobucket etc). Posting directly from your harddrive is unsafe and forum software won't allow it.

crktluva said:
and everybody seems to think its hard the way big cricket currently does it, i suggest ya make it easy for us and fall into line with the rest of the world. it really is annoying not being able to do this easily:mad:

Everyone? Where are they? Did you actually bother to read through the thread?

Back