Idea which may result in hundreds of members

FBI

Idea which may result in hundreds of members

Here is another idea from me.

Considering the site is meant to be a haven for village cricketers to get some help on their game, how about trying to establish a connection to get the site heavily advertised or in coalition with play-cricket. This way, the site may get 100s or 1000s of club cricketers from England.

Re: Idea which may result in hundreds of members

Sounds like a good idea Manee, don't know how easy it would be to implement though, with costs especially.

Its definately an idea and will be talked about as its a cracking way to do it :)

Ill keep you boys updated.

We might be able to announce something soon but its not with them my lips are sealed at the moment. However we can have a crack at this and you'll be the first to know how we get on :).

Great Idea indeed and it is something that we are aiming for.

You can always advertise on Battrick.

Many people will see the thread on Sledging over there.

Yet another suggestion for sC popped into my head:

Encouraging during match chat to take place in a chatroom which is hosted on the forum wheras users' more constructive ideas they can post in the threads. The chat logs can be posted after innings/matches in the thread too.

I know you have but speaking to Simbazz, he did not understand the idea totally, so I will explain the idea further.

Basically. During a cricket match, members go into the chat room and can engage in quick chat whilst watching the match on TV or following it on cricinfo. At the end of the innings, the chat log is posted on the match thread. If a member has a constructive idea during a match, they can post it in the thread but members rarely have constructive ideas during matches.

We may run with this idea, im sure AB will be able to find something to fit our needs of this, good idea :D

I really like that first idea.
The second one is good too manee.
Well done.. i gave you reps for that great idea which could significantly help SC with more members :)

Why the admin not advertise the site on Televisions. Everibody Can Know This Site.

Acrowaroz said:
Why the admin not advertise the site on Televisions. Everibody Can Know This Site.

It costs money to advertise on television and since the site does not make money, it would not be financially wise.

Acrowaroz said:
But It Can Be Advertise On Google Classified Using Some Amount Of Money.
Thanks for your suggestions but we have our own plans for advertising the site.

the forum is less active these days. you guys should advertize more

There are things in the pipeline but in order for them to be done correctly they take time.

We are well aware that the forum is quieter at the moment but all forums have peaks and troughs. Feel free to pass the name of the site amongst your friends - the more people who know about it, the more people will visit.

This is a completely different set of ideas but might as well keep them in one thread:

1. Introduce a crikipedia section where members can edit the sections themselves with cricketing terms and biographies on players.

2. Introduce amateur journalism with little to no qualification to join but a significent editing period before submission of articles so that all articles make sense to read, have perfect spelling and grammar. This can initially create an influx of articles and a memberbase from which you can select writers. The writing would become a main site attraction and members that read articles are usually intelligent (- not that members who don't aren't) and so you will be attracting intelligent members.

3. Introduce ads to the site to add revenue for the administators. Potentially gain partnerships with manufacturers of cricket products or distribution shops so that you get paid by the site-hit (obviously it will be a fraction of a penny per hit) rather than per click. These partnerships may mean that they may sponser a quiz or fantasy cricket competition, this would too help boost site hits and popularity.

Just a few thoughts...

Very good suggestions manee. We'll definitely consider them. Point 3 is something which we have already been working on and will implement soon.

Back