Idea which may result in hundreds of members

Re: Idea which may result in hundreds of members

Grow up, Acrowaz.

And probably, no one should go in for google adwords. Its holed and cracked and you can be losing money for nothing!

I've just done a search using my name and "Leg spin bowling" to see if it links to here - I kind of expected it might do because of all the entries I make and it didn't. But it does link to my own blog and then there's a link to you blokes in that. How comes searching on google doesn't quickly link to this website - Harrowdrive comes up within a few pages with a reference to me - but not yours?

Harrowdrive will be higher up the rankings than us on Google, we're a fairly new site, but the more links we get etc. the higher we'll become.

Another thing is that people are reluctant to write and express their opinions. You've got loads of people signed up, but very few of them contribute. I've noted on my clubs ECB play cricket forum there's only 3 contributors and one of them is the bloke that writes newspaper articles and the club magazine etc, so he obviously has a passion for writing and just wants to express himself? It's a shame as there are so many people in the club that could offer a lot of advice but seem to not want to.

We'd love people to post and get us active, but its all about time. One day we'll get very active, be it a year, 6 months or tomorrow.

On another note, tonight has been the most active we've had, EVER. We've posted more tonight than ever before. Great job!

Oh quick search Dave, and i came across a picture of all your kit, WOAH, you're a one man club!

someblokecalleddave said:
I've just done a search using my name and "Leg spin bowling" to see if it links to here - I kind of expected it might do because of all the entries I make and it didn't. But it does link to my own blog and then there's a link to you blokes in that. How comes searching on google doesn't quickly link to this website - Harrowdrive comes up within a few pages with a reference to me - but not yours?

Google is a weird thing, it doesn't even rank itself number 1 when you type 'search engine' into it. You'd at least expect it to be on the first page but its somewhere back on the 3rd or 4th.

Your thread may not show up when you type in 'leg spin bowling' as the term is not mentioned enough throughout the thread, or maybr google hasn't indexed the page. As said, google is a funny thing and even paid experts have touble understanding it.

As for the second point, well thats the problem with forums. As in real life, some people like to contribute a lot whilst others are happy to stand in the background and observe. Others just like to be part of something then move onto the next thing.

Generally, if its a free forum, if you can get every 10th sign up contributing on a regular basis then you're doing well.

Stan's right there! You've just got hope you're successful when you start, we did, and we've been getting more and more popular week by week.

Lets hope it picks up and people chip in. Did you pick up many people from Harrowdrive like me when David suggested we all come over?

Yeah - I've just got to get all those blokes involved that I've spoken about before next summer! If it don't work out it'll be ebay here I come!

David has helped us a lot, Liz is a great addition to the site, your entusiasm and questions brings the forum to life at this time of night when its quiet.

David has some good advice as well.

Simbazz said:
David has helped us a lot, Liz is a great addition to our site, your entusiasm and questions brings the forum to life at this time of night when its quiet.

Thank you Si, really appreciate the support :D

someblokecalleddave said:
Did you pick up many people from Harrowdrive like me when David suggested we all come over?

I have been following quite a few who are feeling their way at the moment. Most are in season so probably really busy. I can't wait until they feel comfortable enough and have the time to contribute.

I am especially looking forward to hearing from Jacko; I would really like to know if his guys survived his new training regime and Zaki on how he is getting on with LTAD.

and you could make up stickers with the logo on it to put on bats and things like that

i would buy one

Couple of options guys, just in case they slipped through.

1. Ask every member of SimplyCricket to get their playcricket administrator to put something on their club site.
2. Produce some stickers for members to put on back of bats/car window/etc.
3. T-shirts/Caps. I'm sure a local embriodery would come in and make them on order, rather than bulk buy at start.
4. Printable posters/flyers on website for members to produce and put up at club.

Just a few things to think about. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the input, Pat. The posters,flyers and play-cricket suggestions are all being mooted at the moment, so will keep everyone updated on that.

The stickers idea is another good one and something that will be looked into.

For the sticker you could do something like the sticker on Phil Jaques' bat, like the PKF sticker.

333323.html

Bat stickers are also being considered - would anyone here actually use one though?

Would be a smallish sticker to put near the toe of the bat, on the back? Free to have one (we would just charge postage, which would be local to where you lived, e.g, would be shipped from the UK for UK members and Australia for Australian members etc).

If there is any interest then I'll get some made up.

Back