India In Australia - 2016

ODI Squad for Matches four and five sees David Warner return and Nathan Lyon included at the expense of Usman Khawaja and Joel Paris.

Christ is it too much to ask for just to see the occasional game in Australia that doesn't have a dead flat wicket?

That is amazing to choke from the position they were in.

if it were Pakistan, questions would be asked!
That's the first thing I thought at the time.. Unbelievable batting collapse.

And a nice couple of drops from Wade, how this bloke is seemingly always a lock with national selectors in the shorter forms is beyond me.

That's the first thing I thought at the time.. Unbelievable batting collapse.

And a nice couple of drops from Wade, how this bloke is seemingly always a lock with national selectors in the shorter forms is beyond me.

Didn't see much of it actually, saw the highlights online - Wade's catch to dismiss Sharma was top draw*, though didn't see his drops!

*Vic bias

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...k=9f4d8840627514f1041f27a250319421-1453857417

CHANNEL 9 has come under fire for its part in the crucial dismissal of Steve Smith in Australia’s Twenty20 defeat against India on Tuesday night.

Australia was in a strong position to chase down the visitors’ score of 3/188 with Smith and Aaron Finch at the crease and the score 1/89 in the ninth over.

Smith wore a microphone while he was batting and was asked to offer commentary from the middle ahead of the delivery that saw him miscue a drive to mid-off.

yes I get that but the only reason drs ain't available in t20 format is because india doesn't want it but luckily for us the t20 world cup will have the drs system.
Not exactly the main reason but it figures in all t20 games. It's mainly because the decisions take too long to make.

I might be a little harsh here but I kind of dislike the squad in general, it's not the case of them selecting sub-par players (although there is some questionable picks) but the common lack of experience amongst the side. I've been closely following cricket the past 8 years and everything just seems to be going backwards. Admittedly it's a batters game as not only are they wielding bigger bats and aiming for smaller boundaries but the pitches are roads these days, put this in combination with our second string bowling attack and you have a major problem on your hands. It's as if the focus as been set on being fit rather than the bowling itself, there's obviously more focus on hitting the spots in the short form of the game, but at the same time there's there's no "X-Factor" bowlers coming through the ranks. Our side might be on a hot streak but I can't say it's done in a convincing manner; after all why are we letting up so many runs? Is it down to quality batting or poor bowling? Perhaps it's a bit of both.

On another note: Is it just me or am I the only one who cannot stand Steve Smith's batting? It just god awful, it almost makes Darren Sammy's "technique" look respectable lol.

I might be a little harsh here but I kind of dislike the squad in general, it's not the case of them selecting sub-par players (although there is some questionable picks) but the common lack of experience amongst the side. I've been closely following cricket the past 8 years and everything just seems to be going backwards. Admittedly it's a batters game as not only are they wielding bigger bats and aiming for smaller boundaries but the pitches are roads these days, put this in combination with our second string bowling attack and you have a major problem on your hands. It's as if the focus as been set on being fit rather than the bowling itself, there's obviously more focus on hitting the spots in the short form of the game, but at the same time there's there's no "X-Factor" bowlers coming through the ranks. Our side might be on a hot streak but I can't say it's done in a convincing manner; after all why are we letting up so many runs? Is it down to quality batting or poor bowling? Perhaps it's a bit of both.

On another note: Is it just me or am I the only one who cannot stand Steve Smith's batting? It just god awful, it almost makes Darren Sammy's "technique" look respectable lol.
Might look ugly but it seems to work though.

Back