India in Sri Lanka

Re: India in Sri Lanka

good game this one, the indians are denting their reputation as the best players of spin in the world, karthik's dismissal was awful

Although this game will most likely be a draw, the Indians confidence would also have taken a massive hit

EDIT: Maybe not, I thought it was the fourth day not the third. 2 days to get 14 wickets, should be possible with Murali and Mendis on a wearing pitch

He has played more international cricket than anyone else since 2007 so he wanted to get some rest. Would have been better if he rested for the less important series like the Tri Series in Bangladesh or the Asia Cup.

Laxman is awful at batting with the tail. He should be farming the strike but instead he's taking the singles whenever they are available. He gave too much strike to Kumble, Zaheer and Harbhajan.

Come on, thats a bit harsh. He was the only Indian batsmen who actually showed some application. The rest, bar Sachin and Dravid, threw their wicket away stupidly.

Well India are following on after a spin master class from Mendis and Murali. 64th 5-for for him and he may just spin Sri Lankas way to victory

He does that every time he bats with the tail. In the last wicket partnership, Ishant faced nearly as many balls as Laxman. He did well but but ideally you would want the more skilled and experienced batsman to take most of the strike.

Well I guess ideally India wouldn't be 9 down for not many chasing 600. Your probably right, he should have tried to guard the tail better. But still full credit to him to show some ticker. Shame it isn't going to help as India are going to go down by an innings from the looks of things

Yah, wrapped up nice and tight. Murali with 11 and Mendis got 8. India were pretty abysmal, suffered their 3rd largest defeat. Hopefully Sri Lanka can push on and wrap up the series nice and tight

Ecstatic as usual, Murali & Mendis a.k.a. M&M really did the job for Sri Lanka. But, quite shocked by the performanc of the Indian batsmen with that much of experiance I thought they'll be able give us a tough fight. :eek:

:( sometimes i think i can bat better then some of the batsmen Karthick out for 0 i think i can make atleast one run

Try facing Murali and Mendis!! I don't reckon I'd get a run even if I was given half a dozen innings...

Sri Lanka will be even more of a force at home for as long as they've got that pairing bowling together. I think they'd give the Aussies a run for their money.

i think the batsmen are too busy trying to read the ball when it leaves the mendis and murli thats y they are having trouble facing them

This doesnt surprise me. Its nothing new. India always starts poorly in away series and thats why they don't win many series outside of India. I dont know what it is. Maybe they are under prepared or take time to adjust to the conditions but its always been a problem for India.

Well actually Arjuna Ranatunga said it, but it was probably a fair comment. India hadn't played a Test in a while

India off to a good start with century opening partnership between Shewag and Gambhir of 140 runs with 5.21 run rate.

That is good to see after electing to bat.
Will be interesting to see how they handle Mendis and Murali.So far they are taken to the task very well by the openers.

Not too shabby a start for India. Would have been better had Sehwag scored 100 before lunch.
Both Gambhir and Sehwag are good attacking players of spin bowling so I'm expecting a good contest after the lunch when Murali and Mendis bowl.

Added 4 hour(s), 42 minute(s) and 32 second(s) later...

This match has been like a highlights package so far. There were lots of fours and sixes in the first session and a flurry of wickets after the play resumed.

Yeah, when he gets a hundred he gets big hundreds. India has to thank him for the position of strength that they are in. The middle order looks good only on paper. Its rare to see Indian openers providing good starts and the middle order failing to capitalize on it.

Back