India in Sri Lanka

Re: India in Sri Lanka

i think the when mendis bowls it a bit short then most of the batsmen go on the back foot and defense and they get caught by the fielders under their head. if they try to play on the front foot then even if they miss it the ball will go above the wicket and they wont get out.

Its been an interesting session so far. India need to stretch that lead to at least 325 because this pitch hasn't deteriorated as much as expected.

Yeah, Sehwag makes a big difference to the Indian team. The batsmen were not upto the mark except for the Indian openers. It seems that still havent figured out Mendis. Gambhir and Sehwag were the only batsmen who played and scored comfortably against Mendis. The bowling was much better in this game which also made a difference.

Sri Lanka bowled well too and batted much like India, except that they didnt have one big partnership like Indians did in both innings.

Bad performance by India in the game. Middle order is still not doing well. I dont understand why Benson gave Samaraweera not out on the first review. It was very apparent that he was out but they made a mistake despite having access to the technology. I cant really understand that. That cost India at least 40 runs. This middle order has really struggled in the whole series and this is their last innings to make ammends. I really hope they do.

India are effectively 5 down for -15. The middle order, which has been the backbone of the Indian batting for so many years, has been disappointing in this series. Sri Lanka will win this easily.

122 for Sri Lanka to win. India had some hope with Laxman and Dravid at the crease but apart from a Harbhajan cameo there was little support.

Seems that Mendis might have rattled them. Its typical of Indian batsmen to be complacent.

Gold Medal by Abinav Bindra in 10M Rifle Shooting in the Olympices has overtook the news of India losing the Test Series in Sri Lanka.

Abhinav has saved the Indian Cricket Team from facing the media and people's anger.

I think they all should give their match fees to him as a token of Thanksgiving:embarrassed:.

Yes there was very little coverage of the test becuase of that and it spared them of harsh criticism.
It was a shameful performance by India. They take a small step ahead but then a big step backward and thats why India has never become number 1 in the world. They won the CB series but then lost two ODI series on the trot. Then they played well against Australia and then the performance in South Africa series was mediocre and now in this series it was pathetic. Im sure India will not win the ODI series because they have never done well in Sri Lanka.

Low scoring game but exciting one. India will probably win this game in the end but Sri Lanka have fought well.

Back