Indian Domestic Structure

Re: Indian Domestic Structure

i dont know about that, why help out other countries by letting them get used to indian conditions? we are not always so great away from home, at least we are strong in our back yards.

manee said:
But India's base is too big which is a stark contrast to England who do not have enough FC quality players.

I agree that few English players will enjoy playing in India but perhaps those of Asian decent (e.g. Solanki who played Indian domestic cricket and is currently in the ICL) may enjoy travelling back 'home' so to speak. It will also be a great experience for spin bowlers to work with many FC players who are better than them and yet do not make the Indian team (Pragyan Ojha, Sunil Joshi and Piyush Chawla to name a few) and the world's best players of spin.

I see you have a fan in Vic Marks:

The expert conclusion to all this? Well, it is pretty obvious. No matter how sophisticated and state-of-the-art the wonderful facilities at Loughborough and elsewhere, nothing beats playing matches in a new and challenging environment to enhance the standard of our players. We should grab every chance to play overseas - just as countless visiting players to this country have done over the last five decades.

Rest of the article is here!

I hope BCCI put the money they get from IPL and use it to develop domestic cricket. They should decrease the number of teams that play ranji trophy and remove the bad players or replace them with foreign players to improve the quality of team.

Back