India's Future

Zorax

India's Future

Who do you feel are India's future players? Post anyone you feel who has the ability to be our new Kapil Dev, or Sachin tendulkar, or Javagal Srinath, or Anil Kumble, or...well, you get my point
icon_razz.gif

India's Future

You mean players who are currently in the squad or domestic players? I think if Sehwag becomes marginally more selective, he can become a prolific run-scorer--maybe even cross Sachin. All-rounder wise we have Pathan budding, but we don't want to push him there too quickly and injure him.

Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with the domestic leagues, so I couldn't really comment about up and coming fast bowlers and spinners.

India's Future

If Yadav gets selected for the ODIs and does not play a few match-winning innings, I don't really see him breaking into and staying in the Indian team for long.

India's Future

[quote="indiancricketer ":19kipr5m]
yeah i agree ifran pathan...yuvi and h.singh have lots of years in them
[/quote:19kipr5m]
Dont forget Gambhir and "Indian Power" Dhoni

India's Future

For me Dhoni is already a good enough batsman, but as you know batsmen can get better, he should improve his wicket keeping, during the Indian Oil Cup it was disastrous with his dropping of balls on the leg side etc. I saw him a little in the series against Sri Lanka and he seemed to improve so he is definitely working on it. He can become far better than Gilchrist, he has tons of potential.

India's Future

Dhoni is an explosive batsmen. If he can maintain his batting and improve his keeping, I think he will soon become the best in the world (dependent on retirements of his contemporaries, though.
icon_wink.gif
)

India's Future

We still got Yuvi, Kaif, Dhoni, Pathan, Gambhir, Rp Singh, Santh, H singh, for time to come, lots of guys in our domestic teams are doing well, Indias got youngsters with potentiol in the domestic circuit.

India's Future

IMHO....Suresh Raina, Piyush Chawla, Ambati Rayudu ......and our boy RP Singh will be more consistent than Ashish Nehra ....LOL

India's Future

What we need is a bowler who can bowl pace. I don't care if he can't swing, seam, or bat. As long as he can keep it on the pitch and he threatens to injure the batsmen with a well directed bouncer, we need him.

India's Future

They should have given venugopal rao a call up for the one day series and retained ganguly in the squad. I also think it is a mistake calling ramesh powar up to the squad he's not fit enough there surely is a quality back up spinner in india somewhere if they where that desperate they could have asked kumble surely he would refuse for the country. There is also an up an coming fast bowler called rakesh patel for baroda why is he not given a go they took him to new zealand and that was the last of him. Kiran More should be asked to resign and get someone neutral as a selector.

Back