India's Spirit Of Cricket

Bigfish

Regarding the Ian Bell runout:

Does it surprise anyone that India would not be playing in the spriit of the game unless they had a whole tea break to think about it and also a visit from the opposition captain and coach?

Not surprised at all, As they always play in the true spirit of the game compared to teams like Australia who have claimed catches that have hit the ground, Atleast they called him back doesn't matter if its after a break, Bell himself admitted he was out, They didn't have to call him back as it was out But they did and believe me not many teams would have done that.

Not surprised at all, As they always play in the true spirit of the game compared to teams like Australia who have claimed catches that have hit the ground, Atleast they called him back doesn't matter if its after a break, Bell himself admitted he was out, They didn't have to call him back as it was out But they did and believe me not many teams would have done that.

Interesting!!! Living in Melbourne, I have never heard a pro-Indian anti-Australian comment before! :rolleyes:

Let me see, the Indians:
*don't appeal every second delivery (even if it pitches outside leg)
*never claim catches that actually bounced (MS Dhoni in particular)
*are never racist (Harbhajan, Sreesanth)
*do not lie (Harbhajan, Tendulkar)
*on an administrative level never sook until they get what they want ie we'll not continue this lucrative tour unless you do what we want NOW.
(please note intended sarcasm)

A team full of so many 'leaders' should have been wise enough to make the decision on the field before the whole controversy got out of hand. They should not have to be guided over the period of 30 minutes by disapproving fans, an opposition captain, opposition coach and even their own coach as to what to do.

The only people lauding India are either Indians or people that realise that the BCCI and ICB are interchangeable and value the $$$ that a cricket tour makes. If India get annoyed they'd just threaten to cut and run like they did when Harbhajan Singh was fairly suspended by a neutral observer in Australia.

No one is arguing that Bell was not legally out, so you raising the legality of the dismissal is a moot point! What is raised, as previously stated is the spirit of the game and the only way India would recall Bell was after insurmountable pressure.

PS. Harbhajan and Kumble led the way in appealing for things that are obviously not out, but the other bowlers have followed suit.

PPS. before you bring up the Ponting catch (in Sydney I believe) he grasped it and then smeared the ground with the ball while controlling his movement. Honest mistake to believe it was caught. MS Dhoni on the other hand often takes the ball after it bounces 1-2 foot in front of him and still claims the catch. Maybe he has poor eyesight from driving his luxury Hummer at night while millions of people starve in his country???

Thanks for writing all that out, For your information i never said Sreesanth did the right thing to Symonds or they were not racist etc etc, I am a big fan of Australian cricket team but i had to point that out because you are accusing only one team of doing the wrong thing. I don't know how you find India to be not in spirit of the game, When most of the teams do things you mentioned above, excessive appealing, having a go at umpires, ball tampering etc. Batsman was called back by the opposition team and England applauded the decision. But you keep going on about how long they took to do that, Mate atleast they did that not many teams would do that. Did they commit a sin by calling someone back after discussing it with the team members. Not defending anyone i just think you are having a go at them for something they haven't done.

Thanks for writing all that out, For your information i never said Sreesanth did the right thing to Symonds or they were not racist etc etc, I am a big fan of Australian cricket team but i had to point that out because you are accusing only one team of doing the wrong thing. I don't know how you find India to be not in spirit of the game, When most of the teams do things you mentioned above, excessive appealing, having a go at umpires, ball tampering etc. Batsman was called back by the opposition team and England applauded the decision. But you keep going on about how long they took to do that, Mate atleast they did that not many teams would do that. Did they commit a sin by calling someone back after discussing it with the team members. Not defending anyone i just think you are having a go at them for something they haven't done.

My point was that it was obvious to all and sundry that Bell was not attempting to run and he believed the ball to be dead. All it takes is someone to show leadership, common sense and sportsmanship at the time, which no one did! Should people in their 20s and 30s need somone else to be their moral compass because when I was that age I did not need it!!!

India have never really played in the spirit of the game yet have the audacity to accuse other sides of doing the wrong thing. Funny stuff.

As for the Bell incident if he was stupid enough to wonder down the pitch like that then he deserves to be run out. You could even see it when the the batting partner was trying to tell him he was in trouble the Muppet just tried to play ignorant..

As for the Bell incident if he was stupid enough to wonder down the pitch like that then he deserves to be run out. You could even see it when the the batting partner was trying to tell him he was in trouble the Muppet just tried to play ignorant..

I agree with you, he should never have been called back........it was his own stupidity....:(

Dhoni has lost it again this winter! He keeps on whining about the Tendulkar run out, the Hussey handled the ball incident and the 3rd umpire malfunction incident, while he already got suspended twice this month.

Back