IPL Discussion - 2009 Season

Kshitiz

IPL Discussion - 2009 Season

We can use this thread for all discussion regarding IPL Season 2! :)

I'm very excited about the Mumbai vs. Chennai match, if Tendulkar can fire it'll be worth waiting 10 days about it!

And then those rumors from the Royals camp, Kamran Khan, and that mysterious Atul Sharma (Who hasn't surfaced once yet, probably dropped), only time will tell about them.

Anyone has any idea about that Atul Sharma fiasco? I don't think he can get a game if he hasn't played for 7 years!

IPL 2009 season

Well the glitz and glamour has rolled around again, the IPL. this version is of the South African variety this year.

You would have to say Mumbai and Delhi start favourites. I personally like Delhi, Sehwag and Gambhir at the top and with McGrath, Nannes and Vettori in the bowling ranks, I rate them.

The teams have invested in new players since the inaugural IPL, some heavier than others. with this, the talent and potential success has been somewhat evened out. Picking some games will be like the lottery.

Results so far.

Mumbai Indians 7/165 def Chennai Super Kings 7/146 by 19 runs
Bangalore Royal Challenges 8/133 def Rajasthan Royals 58 by 75 runs
Kings XI Punjab 7/104 def by Delhi Daredevils 0/58 by 10 wickets (D/L Method)
Deccan Chargers 2/104 def Kolkata Knight Riders 101 by 8 wickets.
Chennai Super Kings 5/179 def Bangalore Royal Challenges 87 by 92 runs.

Kings XI Punjab are taking on Kolkata tonight, as well as Mumbai taking on Rajasthan later on tonight.

Its going to be a interesting month or so in South Africa. country man against country man, and millionaire owner against millionaire owner.

P.s what a sight to see warnie back to his old self, getting it to drift and dip and celebrate like only warnie knows how to. love it. bring him back for the ashes! :rolleyes:

Re: IPL 2009 season

Yeah great to see Gilly, Hayden and Warne all in top form really. Warne is turning the ball ferociously!

Re: IPL Discussion - 2009 Season

Guys the Australian players are dominating.. a few Indians have done well .. is this maybe a pre-cursor to Australia lifting the T20 World Cup..

LOL- No!

Mainly because most of the Aussies still playing well in the IPL are all retired! :D

Gilly, Haydos, Warney- all gooooone! :(

hattrick;348127 said:
Guys the Australian players are dominating.. a few Indians have done well .. is this maybe a pre-cursor to Australia lifting the T20 World Cup..

Don't have the firepower to win and the team is still relatively new, will probably get to the semi-finals but can't see them making or winning the final. And as el-cap said, all the ones dominating are retired.

As for the IPL, I can't seem to get into it this time around, mostly because I am too busy at the moment to really watch most of the games. I have seen a few though and the cricket is still of a good standard.

The comp seems to have lost something after going from South Africa to India, it just doesn't have the same feel of the first one.

I do not think that the IPL will move ever again.. I agree with the idea that the tournament has lost something. I have a feeling it is fact the facilities in India can take many more is a variable and also the fact that we are in pre-winter in South Africa. I think the fact that the games are at a different timezone has an effect ..

I think that the Australian team will be one to be reckoned with and not a disaster like the one in the last t20 world cup.

South Africa has a youngish team ... so it should be an exciting event.

Back