Is Sachin Tendulkar A Fraud?

Although he appears to be really a great cricketer and all but he gives a shady vibe, as if there's more to it than just a really nice guy and God of cricket.

Just because of him am still a cricket addict. Not just me there are millions in India. It's like having drug watching him play. We never bothered about our team win because till late 90's we were fooled by our team as they always failed to capitalize on the platform he set.

Also people bother about indians sportsman conduct off the field. Why don't you talk about on field conduct. For you guys no matter how it goes to take you to the winning line all you need is win. And then this talk of nonsense sportsmanship. Why do you sledge and what makesyou to sledge. Are you such insecure about your skills? Why the hell did gilchrist mention about sachin's conduct after he retired. Isn't he fraud? What makes you to create such thread on such a legend. The irony is that the economy which was built around the stardom of Sachin is now paying Gilchrist, Symonds, Ponting through IPL. And the reason for such giant economy is sheerly out of our appreciation to the way he had delighted us for so many years. And yet you are regarding it as simple as that with one ugly word. I request the admin to take about such threads. Just because of being financial giant Indians are getting their respect else we know how England and Aus dominated within their terms. Though I am not happy about the way Bcci is flexing it's muscle to rule according to it's terms. Very unfortunate but that's how the rule of exploitation goes about.

He never aspired for captaincy once he is aware about the fact that he serves better to the team by just contributing as a player. Once anybody is contempt with what they are they will surely enjoy the journey and we as spectators thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it.

Also people bother about indians sportsman conduct off the field. Why don't you talk about on field conduct. For you guys no matter how it goes to take you to the winning line all you need is win. And then this talk of nonsense sportsmanship. Why do you sledge and what makesyou to sledge. Are you such insecure about your skills? Why the hell did gilchrist mention about sachin's conduct after he retired. Isn't he fraud? What makes you to create such thread on such a legend. The irony is that the economy which was built around the stardom of Sachin is now paying Gilchrist, Symonds, Ponting through IPL. And the reason for such giant economy is sheerly out of our appreciation to the way he had delighted us for so many years. And yet you are regarding it as simple as that with one ugly word. I request the admin to take about such threads. Just because of being financial giant Indians are getting their respect else we know how England and Aus dominated within their terms. Though I am not happy about the way Bcci is flexing it's muscle to rule according to it's terms. Very unfortunate but that's how the rule of exploitation goes about.

You seem to be an Indian supporter, tell me with the change in leadership at the BCCI do you see any changes in their policies?

Okay let me give u an example right, nowadays players are more fit meaning fast bowlers bowl faster and with the use of technology it can help the bowlers massively. On top of that fast bowlers have developed new and powerful balls such as the slower ball, cutters, reverse swing and the bouncer (the bouncer might have been used back then not sure). Moving onto the spinners nowadays u see way more variation than before with carrom balls, arm ball, kuckle ball, flipper, googly, the straight one etc nowadays batsmen have to cope with the pressure from the media and in some countries the involvement of politics (sri lanka). So when you look at it batsmen those days didn't face these issues yes I agree they were the legends of their era but you can't compare people from the old era to the new one.

I can only refer you to my earlier post and say i disagree very much with the assumption that players are somehow better today. All those balls you talk of other than reverse swing in its current form have always been in the game. Where the hell do you think Warne learned to bowl the flipper. Do you suppose he invented it :D, that would be way over Warne's actual abilities. The batsmen of the bygone era played with poor quality bats and certainly had none of these super bats where thick edges go for six and no helmets, chest guards eta. Basic kit with Larwood bowling at 100MPH. The pitches were uncovered so an overnight shower would result in mayhem. Don't kid yourself about todays show ponies, the players in the Bodyline series were dealing with the pressure of Nationhood not there latest bat sponsorship with the PM visiting the change rooms because the game was causing a rift between Nations. When Burt Oldfield was hit in the head by a bouncer at Adelaide in 1932 what there of courage and pressure for players.
the whole argument is silly. Yes different era's, and i would say these players all had more guts, courage and withstood massive pressure and social expectation that the new wave cricket pansy would wilt over. Just look at the whole carry on over sledging, really:mad:

I take it you are young and have not seen a lot of cricket by your comments regarding sledging and on field behaviour. I assure you that sledging has been around ever since in the game and Australia does happen to be good at it. This may be because i don't remember it not being part of the game from the start. I am sure it didn't happen in the juniors but by the time you are 12 it is well on. I always love the way Indian fans get upset over it when there own team are so hopeless at it and always end up throwing one of there teenager dummy spits when things don't go there way. The whole point of sledging is to distract your opposition so their concentration wanders. What do you think made players like Warne, Gavaskar and Ranatunga such great players, they got in the heads of the opposition.
You may idolise Sachin, he is the hero of your generation, but India has been cricket mad for as long as i can remember and well before Sachin. You should learn more about some of the great players that built the game in your country like Kapil Dev. What a champion he was or C K Nayudu who Captained the first ever Indian Test team in 1932.

With all pervading sanity, I am here to get educated from you! Ironically that's about Sachin! I am in no mood to take up a serious debate with a person who couldn't even interpret exactly about what I mentioned. I better drop off it.

Its not necessarily a debate, like other Indian/Sachin fans you are too stubborn and afraid of getting showed up cuz deep down you know your beliefs are nonsense.

I take it you are young and have not seen a lot of cricket by your comments regarding sledging and on field behaviour. I assure you that sledging has been around ever since in the game and Australia does happen to be good at it. This may be because i don't remember it not being part of the game from the start. I am sure it didn't happen in the juniors but by the time you are 12 it is well on. I always love the way Indian fans get upset over it when there own team are so hopeless at it and always end up throwing one of there teenager dummy spits when things don't go there way. The whole point of sledging is to distract your opposition so their concentration wanders. What do you think made players like Warne, Gavaskar and Ranatunga such great players, they got in the heads of the opposition.
You may idolise Sachin, he is the hero of your generation, but India has been cricket mad for as long as i can remember and well before Sachin. You should learn more about some of the great players that built the game in your country like Kapil Dev. What a champion he was or C K Nayudu who Captained the first ever Indian Test team in 1932.
True legends play it hard like a man. Never sledge and there is no need for that. Only if you are insecure about your game and winning you show up with all the nonsense. Never I had seen any west indian great sledging opposition batsman. Nor pakistani great fast bowlers. You seem to a typical aussie fan who don't even want to loose in forum. And then you create words sympathizing me. Typical psychology of insecure beings.

True legends play it hard like a man. Never sledge and there is no need for that. Only if you are insecure about your game and winning you show up with all the nonsense. Never I had seen any west indian great sledging opposition batsman. Nor pakistani great fast bowlers. You seem to a typical aussie fan who don't even want to loose in forum. And then you create words sympathizing me. Typical psychology of insecure beings.
Siva i am not sympathizing you, i am patronising you for what is a clear case of youthful ignorance. Learn the games history and understand the battlefield before you elevate players to God status. There is not a single one in the history of the game that deserves it. This is a sport not a religion and the players, play for the competition not to have high tea with the good old boys.

I can only refer you to my earlier post and say i disagree very much with the assumption that players are somehow better today. All those balls you talk of other than reverse swing in its current form have always been in the game. Where the hell do you think Warne learned to bowl the flipper. Do you suppose he invented it :D, that would be way over Warne's actual abilities. The batsmen of the bygone era played with poor quality bats and certainly had none of these super bats where thick edges go for six and no helmets, chest guards eta. Basic kit with Larwood bowling at 100MPH. The pitches were uncovered so an overnight shower would result in mayhem. Don't kid yourself about todays show ponies, the players in the Bodyline series were dealing with the pressure of Nationhood not there latest bat sponsorship with the PM visiting the change rooms because the game was causing a rift between Nations. When Burt Oldfield was hit in the head by a bouncer at Adelaide in 1932 what there of courage and pressure for players.
the whole argument is silly. Yes different era's, and i would say these players all had more guts, courage and withstood massive pressure and social expectation that the new wave cricket pansy would wilt over. Just look at the whole carry on over sledging, really:mad:

Too be fair to both of you.. I think you can argue successfully both ways about the different eras of cricket..

I believe some aspects of the modern game are superior to past eras but I agree with you about batting being a lot more difficult (overall) back in the days of uncovered pitches and no helmets..

Back