Jack Sing Medal Winner

Re: Jack Sing Medal Winner

ants14;338540 said:
am i the only 1 not going?:p

Surely the reigning B&F at North would get a gig. Must be a few committee people hopping on-board along with some prospective average winners. Generally only committee people and people with a shot at averages go from our club; assume all other clubs the same?

i think nobody at our club would really be a chance of winning... i dont no how u didnt get a gig mate... maybe ur old man stole ur seat... haha nahh i got asked a few weeks ago by roger.. sounded like a good idea so i jumped on board.. remember ants... number 1 committee member here

I Bowl Meat Pies;338551 said:
i think nobody at our club would really be a chance of winning... i dont no how u didnt get a gig mate... maybe ur old man stole ur seat... haha nahh i got asked a few weeks ago by roger.. sounded like a good idea so i jumped on board.. remember ants... number 1 committee member here

well well well, so ants misses out on a gig at the main dance !! Can't believe that, it would not happen at South !! I would have got you a seat Ants. I would have even given up the great Babies Arm to get on board. I reckon you come across next season and I can guarantee you a ticket to the night !! hehe.

As for the laptop it does sound like a good idea to have live updates !! Not sure if I could waste up crucial drinking time though !! Especially when we have no cricket coming up that weekend. Might be the Ponds with the Hornet !!

I Bowl Meat Pies;338551 said:

lol. i just thought it was players and average chances. So scowny, judd and sam. i only stood out in one game that we won.

gca_ipl;338565 said:
well well well, so ants misses out on a gig at the main dance !! Can't believe that, it would not happen at South !! I would have got you a seat Ants. I would have even given up the great Babies Arm to get on board. I reckon you come across next season and I can guarantee you a ticket to the night !! hehe.

As for the laptop it does sound like a good idea to have live updates !! Not sure if I could waste up crucial drinking time though !! Especially when we have no cricket coming up that weekend. Might be the Ponds with the Hornet !!

You know the only reason i'll be going to South Daz :p

Renny24;338548 said:
Surely the reigning B&F at North would get a gig. Must be a few committee people hopping on-board along with some prospective average winners. Generally only committee people and people with a shot at averages go from our club; assume all other clubs the same?

I think most clubs wait to see if any of their players are up for awards, and then offer them one of their (this time round) 5 allocated tix. The balance presumably get used by committee members or other key people as a reward for their work around the club.

Don't know if clubs have been advised of their award-winners yet (or more likely we just didn't have any!).

only 4 hours until the GCA night of nights. Hmmm, the thought of the smell of a few free beverages is enough to get me through the rest of the arvo !! Pity Ants gets to miss out on it all !!

gca_ipl;340757 said:
only 4 hours until the GCA night of nights. Hmmm, the thought of the smell of a few free beverages is enough to get me through the rest of the arvo !! Pity Ants gets to miss out on it all !!

I meant to tell you. I bowl meat pies has to work early tomorrow morning, and so has pulled out and such, i got the call up. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEER BEER BEER BEER :D

ants14;340822 said:
I meant to tell you. I bowl meat pies has to work early tomorrow morning, and so has pulled out and such, i got the call up. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEER BEER BEER BEER :D

ok, your shout then !! We will make sure Babies Arm has the clearance form for you to sign after you have had a few beers !! We just need an in to the wind bowler for next season !!

gca_ipl;340824 said:
ok, your shout then !! We will make sure Babies Arm has the clearance form for you to sign after you have had a few beers !! We just need an in to the wind bowler for next season !!

But I bowl a 42 over spell if required...When will you bowl?
And i thought it was FREE!!!

ants14;340826 said:
But I bowl a 42 over spell if required...When will you bowl?
And i thought it was FREE!!!

I will be happy to bowl the one over you don't bowl !! It is FREE thus I thought a good time for a uni student to shout !!

gca_ipl;340833 said:
I will be happy to bowl the one over you don't bowl !! It is FREE thus I thought a good time for a uni student to shout !!

nar 43 overs with the wind and 42 overs into it

yes, i agree, with all the money i have. i am leaving the house with zero dollars.

well hope u enjoy ya night in my absence boys.. stoopid work.. i have to be up at 5 tomorro morning... but ants will be keeping me up to date with wats goin on so i'll post on here wen i can

Well just got first update.... no votes have been done yet.. Hornet just awarded the batting.. and ando the bowling.... And apparently Ants and daz are sitting back sinking the pots.. shoulda been me !!!! stoopid work !!!!

GCA presentations all done and dusted. Hornet and Talarico cleaned up as expected, Ando won Div 1 bowling, Div 2 medal a tie between Booley and Illingworth, North Shore boys on the squirt, GCA only ran off 100 copies of the stats booklet so sadly I missed obtaining a copy.

Look here;340998 said:
GCA presentations all done and dusted. Hornet and Talarico cleaned up as expected, Ando won Div 1 bowling, Div 2 medal a tie between Booley and Illingworth, North Shore boys on the squirt, GCA only ran off 100 copies of the stats booklet so sadly I missed obtaining a copy.

Alrighty so i just got home.
Good night, cept the big speech i had to stand for, while i was bust drinking
Tala got gca 1 club champion, illingowrth div 2 and ferg div 3
hornet got jak sing, boooley and illingworth tied for the baz, and fergy won the div 3
as i msgd 2 ibmp ando and hornet won the batting and bowling respectively

soooooooooooooooooo many beeers were drank, i was the last of the normal people in the room somehow, and i think the capri ppl stole my book grrrrrrrrrr

NGCC PREMIERS 2009/10

dazza_whats_the_score;340835 said:
think so... haha:D

Thanks for the congrats tonight "dazza whats the score". Deserverdly copt some flak from a few of you for my earlier comments on this big cricket forum, but appreciate the hand shake you gave me tonight. Good luck for the weekend, and hope the best side wins without rain interference.

Well i think the GCA is finally back on track with this event. A fantastic roll up by the clubs and the winners duly appreciated. The two years i won my awards i reckon there were about 50 people in the room combined! So well done to all the award winners; especially Babies Arm and SwingKing; great results. I also won with my two bets, so happy days there. Another couple of key points from the night.:
-Ants, great to see you get there, i think i speak on behalf of the rest of the forum that we were concerned that you were going to miss out on the frivolity.
-Grant Dew did quite a good job hosting.
-There are some ridiculous results in lower grades. What about the bloke in GCA Sixths averaging 108 with the bat and coming 2nd?!
-Couple of blues i think with results. I know that many blokes around our club are definite that one of our blokes won the 4ths bowling average yet did not appear in the top 10.
-Disappointing that not only did they not read out the votes tally for the medals on the night but they did not appear in the stats book.
-And finally, Guild-St Marys; are the rudest and most disrespectful club in the comp. Their display of loutism and disgraceful behaviour whilst Kevin O'Dowd read out Jan Nowicki's induction into Life Membership was nothing short of abhorrent. Word gets around boys of not only the behaviour but what was said also. I was five tables away and heard every word. Enjoy Div 3 for many years to come.

Renny24;341299 said:
Couple of blues i think with results. I know that many blokes around our club are definite that one of our blokes won the 4ths bowling average yet did not appear in the top 10.
-Disappointing that not only did they not read out the votes tally for the medals on the night but they did not appear in the stats book.
-And finally, Guild-St Marys; are the rudest and most disrespectful club in the comp. Their display of loutism and disgraceful behaviour whilst Kevin O'Dowd read out Jan Nowicki's induction into Life Membership was nothing short of abhorrent. Word gets around boys of not only the behaviour but what was said also. I was five tables away and heard every word. Enjoy Div 3 for many years to come.

I think you're right, Renny. We also had a 4ths bloke who was well in contention before the top 20 was blanked out on MyCricket, but didn't feature (at least I don't think so; the stats books ran out before arriving at our table). I also think the qualification criteria for 5ths/6ths/7ths might have been shaped around the number of qualifiers in each of those sections, but will stand corrected on this if necessary.

Missed the GSM outburst...was it just squirt talking or do they have a problem with Jan (or Kevin's long intro)?

Back