JATA Shield T20 Competition

cheer_cheer

JATA Shield T20 Competition

Not sure if anyone has heard of the JATA T20 Shield compeition which has been advertising on the One HD channel of the CLT20 competition. There is an opportunity for 8 teams in Geelong to be the one qualifier from the region to make it to the final 16 of this competition. From that point you just need to win the one game to take out $750 in prize money. If your club is then good enough you can take out the $10K first prize. South Barwon is looking to host this knock out stage with a few other clubs as venues. What we would be doing would be to have the first round of matches happen on a week night starting the 7th of December. This would then leave us with four teams which would play in two semi final knockout and then one grand final on South Barwon's ground to decide the regions representative into the JATA shield. None of these games would clash with any of the GCA games or the VB T20 competition. Entry fee per club will only be $100 (as it is knock out) and this will cover players insurance, balls, umpires. Let us know if any club is interested. The competition will be well publizied by the Jata group, so it is a great opportunity for a Geelong side to try and take the grand prize if they make it to the final 16. Any interest let us know ASAP.

Re: JATA Shield T20 Competition

cheer_cheer;371211 said:
Not sure if anyone has heard of the JATA T20 Shield compeition which has been advertising on the One HD channel of the CLT20 competition. There is an opportunity for 8 teams in Geelong to be the one qualifier from the region to make it to the final 16 of this competition. From that point you just need to win the one game to take out $750 in prize money. If your club is then good enough you can take out the $10K first prize. South Barwon is looking to host this knock out stage with a few other clubs as venues. What we would be doing would be to have the first round of matches happen on a week night starting the 7th of December. This would then leave us with four teams which would play in two semi final knockout and then one grand final on South Barwon's ground to decide the regions representative into the JATA shield. None of these games would clash with any of the GCA games or the VB T20 competition. Entry fee per club will only be $100 (as it is knock out) and this will cover players insurance, balls, umpires. Let us know if any club is interested. The competition will be well publizied by the Jata group, so it is a great opportunity for a Geelong side to try and take the grand prize if they make it to the final 16. Any interest let us know ASAP.

I'd say we (St Albans/Breakwater) would be interested
icon14.gif

i'd expect us to be interested, but i dont speak for anyone else really. maybe if u contacted someone from the club?

cheer_cheer;371211 said:

NDCC would be interested. :D when you have more details let us know so we can get the fee to you.:)

ok, so this is just an early indication of clubs to see their interest and as most of the guys on Big Cricket are influential in their clubs then if they can take it back to their executive and let me know the thoughts. So pretty much if you make it to the final Geelong team then you are only 5 wins away from winning $10K. Off those 5 games there will be some double headers so it does not mean 5 extra trips, but if you kept winning the prize money gets larger. In a few weeks we may organise a meeting with all interested parties.

cheer_cheer;371253 said:
ok, so this is just an early indication of clubs to see their interest and as most of the guys on Big Cricket are influential in their clubs then if they can take it back to their executive and let me know the thoughts. So pretty much if you make it to the final Geelong team then you are only 5 wins away from winning $10K. Off those 5 games there will be some double headers so it does not mean 5 extra trips, but if you kept winning the prize money gets larger. In a few weeks we may organise a meeting with all interested parties.

Cool Mate sounds good. We just had a meeting tonight and have our next one in 2 weeks today. I'll talk to EJ tomorrow, can't see it being a problem.

Babies Arm;371276 said:
so this means more cricket on top of the season and T20 series.... AWESOME:rolleyes:

for some it may, for others it may not. For others it may mean more Sunday sessions !!

Babies Arm;371282 said:
nothing worse than sunday cricket......NOTHING:eek:

What about Sunday cricket on the MCG? That was well and truly worth all those lead up games big fella....

ok, so at this stage it looks like we have 5 possible sides:
  • South Barwon
  • St Albans/Breakwater
  • Newcomb
  • Thomson
  • North Geelong (not confirmed)

There is also another 2-3 clubs which I am waiting to hear back from. We need to get the 8 to have the one week tournament week starting 7th December. So will be one game during the week and then two (if you make the final) on the Sunday.

cheer_cheer;371622 said:
ok, so at this stage it looks like we have 5 possible sides:
  • South Barwon
  • St Albans/Breakwater
  • Newcomb
  • Thomson
  • North Geelong (not confirmed)

There is also another 2-3 clubs which I am waiting to hear back from. We need to get the 8 to have the one week tournament week starting 7th December. So will be one game during the week and then two (if you make the final) on the Sunday.

Manifold Heights in, I'm led to believe

The SwingKing;371785 said:
Manifold Heights in, I'm led to believe

Yes Manifold have confirmed that they are interested in the tournament. So # 6 locked in if we assume North Geelong are still in.

cheer_cheer;371795 said:
Yes Manifold have confirmed that they are interested in the tournament. So # 6 locked in if we assume North Geelong are still in.

i showed my old man the sheet, n he said it sounded good, but then i forgot to take it to training to show the head honchos. It's already in my bag to take on Saturday, so I'll let you know asap

ants14;371840 said:
i showed my old man the sheet, n he said it sounded good, but then i forgot to take it to training to show the head honchos. It's already in my bag to take on Saturday, so I'll let you know asap
yess spoke to ur old man today he seemed to think its a great idea.. in my opinion count us in... ill speak to digger and roger this week.. but count us in !!!!

I Bowl Meat Pies;372077 said:
yess spoke to ur old man today he seemed to think its a great idea.. in my opinion count us in... ill speak to digger and roger this week.. but count us in !!!!

col wasnt keen

ok, so is North Geelong in ?? We need to finalise the eight teams, so do not want to have sides undecided yet. As mentioned it is not going to clash with the GCA competition and will clash even less if you do not end up winning the final for the top eight, but if you just don't want to have a crack just let me know. ;-)

Back