JATA Shield T20 Competition

JATA Shield T20 Competition Draws !!!

Yes, it is slightly disappointing that I have not got up the Draws yet, but was trying to build the suspense !!

Ok, so down at South Barwon this evening under the watchful eyes of Craig Booley from the Manifold Heights CC and Sean O'Neil from the Thomson CC the draw for the JATA Geelong Region Knock-out Cup was done.

Game 1 Marshall v South Barwon A
Game 2 St Albans/Breakwater v Manifold Heights
Game 3 South Barwon v Anglesea
Game 4 Newcomb v Thomson

The following games to be played Sunday 13th December (including Final in the afternoon):
Game 5 Winner Game 1 v Winner Game 2 - South Barwon No 1
Game 6 Winner Game 3 v Winner Game 4 - South Barwon No 2

Game 7 - Final Winner Game 5 v Winner Game 6 - South Barwon No 2

Game 1 and 3 will BOTH be played next Tuesday night (24th November) from 5pm at South Barwon and Marshall. Prime position will be a spot of land between both grounds !!

There was representation from all clubs that attended the night apart from St Albans/Breakwater and Marshall. Both have confirmed from club members that they will be playing. It is now up to the clubs from games 2 and 4 to organise their dates of play. Registration is now due from all clubs competing.

The one major change is the power play into the competition, see the below information.

For a 20 over game, the first mandatory power play will be for 6 overs. There will be two (2) additional power plays of three (3) overs and the batting side will choose one of the three overs, with the fielding team captain choosing the other three. This can be done anywhere between overs 7 to 20. If no additional power plays have been taken before the 15th over then the remaining 6 will be in power play mode. A summary of the law adopted for the JATA Tournament is as follows:
  • Outside of the Power play restrictions, only five fielders are permitted to be outside the field restriction marking at the instant of delivery
  • During the first mandatory power play restrictions, two fielders in catching position are required and only 2 fielders can be outside the 30 yard circle.
  • During the two additional power play restrictions, only 2 fielders can be outside the 30 yard circle. There is no requirement of compulsory catchers during the additional power plays.

Re: JATA Shield T20 Competition

Both Marshall and St Alban's/Breakwater have re-confirmed they will be playing in the competition. So it is all systems go !!

Our squad should be emailed to you some time today Daz;)

I'll get the registration fee to you over the weekend, sorry for the hold up.

Hoping to play our game on a Sunday as we aren't aloud to have it mid week, and our side's name is- SUPERSAINTS XI

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;376414 said:
Our squad should be emailed to you some time today Daz;)

I'll get the registration fee to you over the weekend, sorry for the hold up.

Hoping to play our game on a Sunday as we aren't aloud to have it mid week, and our side's name is- SUPERSAINTS XI

not allowed midweek ?? hmmm, I sense a celebrity player in the ranks for the Supersaints !!

cheer_cheer;376417 said:
not allowed midweek ?? hmmm, I sense a celebrity player in the ranks for the Supersaints !!

Midweek games aren't favored by the coach as this isn't really a club thing. So it'll be Sunday games for us, hopefully can be sorted.

And we may have one or two outside names participating, nothing too much to worry about though.;):D

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;376418 said:
Midweek games aren't favored by the coach as this isn't really a club thing. So it'll be Sunday games for us, hopefully can be sorted.

And we may have one or two outside names participating, nothing too much to worry about though.;):D

or 5 :D

When are the games taking place? we will be hopefully on Wednesday night or Sunday twilight will have to confirm with Manifold though.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;376732 said:
When are the games taking place? we will be hopefully on Wednesday night or Sunday twilight will have to confirm with Manifold though.

South Barwon A v Marshall and South Barwon v Anglesea will be taking place this Tuesday night from 5pm. South's wicket was underwater this morning after the huge down pour this morning but was brushed off the wicket so all should be fine for Tuesday night with no rain predicted until later in the week. I have not heard when Thomson and Newcomb are scheduling their game.

Any truth to the rumours of a couple of freak Geelong batsmen getting the call up into the STA squad J.A?
I also heard a recent retiree may have been approached also?!!

Second XI At Best;376755 said:
Any truth to the rumours of a couple of freak Geelong batsmen getting the call up into the STA squad J.A?
I also heard a recent retiree may have been approached also?!!

Maybe.......;)what Names have you heard?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;376759 said:
Maybe.......;)what Names have you heard?

L. Buchanen
T. Elliott
B. Anderton as the approached retiree (whom I heard prob wont play...but who knows)

Any truth there:rolleyes:

Reasonable outfit if thats the case!!

Second XI At Best;376761 said:
L. Buchanen
T. Elliott
B. Anderton as the approached retiree (whom I heard prob wont play...but who knows)

Any truth there:rolleyes:

Reasonable outfit if thats the case!!

Finch also ?? Ando won't play.

Supersaints XI's squad has been submitted with some very strong additions, names such as:
  • Tom Elliott
  • Andrew Ferguson
  • Justin Maher
  • Liam Buchanan
  • Damien Shanahan
  • Aaron Finch
  • Brett Anderton

Ando is a confirmed non-starter, but if you got those other additions in the side at the one time it is going to take some beating for the overall $10K prize !! Only problem is that the semi final/final for the Geelong comp will take place on the same day as Geelong would play a T20 semi final if they win their quarter final on the 6th December.

I heard there was a new rule this year that each team could only have one VCA player in it, due to last years winners being pretty much Carlton CC and belting everyone. Not sure if there is any truth to it?

a for effort;376884 said:
I heard there was a new rule this year that each team could only have one VCA player in it, due to last years winners being pretty much Carlton CC and belting everyone. Not sure if there is any truth to it?

It doesn't say anything in the rules that I could see. :: JATA Sports Club ::

cheer_cheer;376883 said:
Supersaints XI's squad has been submitted with some very strong additions, names such as:
  • Tom Elliott
  • Andrew Ferguson
  • Justin Maher
  • Liam Buchanan
  • Damien Shanahan
  • Aaron Finch
  • Brett Anderton

Add to that list Miller, Murray and of course the quality all round option of Jay Addy- and you have yourself a Geelong dream team!! The Saint will be unstoppable!

cheer_cheer;376883 said:
  • Tom Elliott
  • Andrew Ferguson
  • Justin Maher
  • Liam Buchanan
  • Damien Shanahan
  • Aaron Finch
  • Brett Anderton

Ando is a confirmed non-starter, but if you got those other additions in the side at the one time it is going to take some beating for the overall $10K prize !! Only problem is that the semi final/final for the Geelong comp will take place on the same day as Geelong would play a T20 semi final if they win their quarter final on the 6th December.

Ando has been rubbed out and replaced by another Ando, this Ando is Simon though !! The who's who of local cricketers has just deepened for the SuperSaints !!

obviously all getting a slice if succesful and the club keeps the change. if its its in the rules its fair.

crktluva;376922 said:
obviously all getting a slice if succesful and the club keeps the change. if its its in the rules its fair.

No, it's not really a club thing it's just for a laugh and a bit of fun. Money hasn't even been spoken about. Why would you for a hit and giggle tournament?

Back