Juddy.

Re: Juddy.

Devastating from the clubs and the supporters point of view. The club and the fans expected Judd to at least stay for another contract with the Eagles.

Personally, I am very, very disappointed that he has left and also a little angry. We've done everything right by Judd, nutured his development and helped foster him to become one of the best players in the competition. And whenever it has come around to contract renewal time, we've left him alone and not hassled him until he himself is ready to talk. The worst thing about this, is that he was the captain of the club and now he has walked out on us. Not very good form at all really.

I don't think many West Coast supporters expected this to happen this soon. There were a lot of rumours going around that he would sign on for another term (most likely two years) and then go back home. The thing I don't understand is why he needs to return home. Okay fair enough, he misses his family but we have quite a few Victorian players on our list also (Michael Braun, David Wirrpanda, Ashley Hansen plus others) and none of those players have expressed a desire to return home because of "family reasons". To me, that reason screams "homesick". In my opinion, I think it's pretty soft.

Anyway, it is out in the open now but no doubt all the media will crap on for the next couple of days about the whole story and then we will have the endless scenarios thrown up about where he will go and what West Coast will get in return.

Carlton look the favourite but I don't see the motivation to go there, they won't be challenging for the premiership for quite a few years. However, Carlton are probably the best case scenario for the Eagles. If Judd goes to Blues we could get Brendan Fevola, Pick 3 and Pick 20 in return which would be a very good trade for the club I feel. No trade will ever be good enough for Chris Judd but I believe this is the best one. We need a full forward that can mark and kick goals and Fevola could definitely do that. He's won the Coleman Medal once and kicked over 50 goals again this year and Carlton are nothing short of terrible. Fev would kick at least 70 goals a year at West Coast with the midfield that we have.

Regardless, it is out in the open now and all the speculation is over. We must accept the fact that he is leaving and now try and get the best we can for him in return.

i was going to suggest he could come to us (Western Bulldogs), but we have so many players like him that another one won't really help us.

Carlton should get him.

I haven't heard much about where else he could go...but i wouldn't rule out Collingwood or Essendon either.

2 points here.

1/. I would have been surprised if he had stayed after the appalling way West Coast have managed (or not managed) his injury this season. From what I understand it is the same sort of injury Roger James suffered at Port Adelaide. He never fully recovered and for much the same easons, IE: continued to train and play through the injury. The Club has not handled it very well at all.

2/. Would a club seriously give up probably it's first two draft picks for a player who has an obvious injury such as Juddy's? West Coast must agree to any trade or lose him to the draft basically for nothing (Stevens style). What happens if West Coast can't come to an agreement? Do you think he would stay at West Coast or leave them in the lurch. He says, and many others agree, that he is an honourable man who would not do the dirty on his club. So would he stay?

aussieman;179991 said:
i was going to suggest he could come to us (Western Bulldogs), but we have so many players like him that another one won't really help us.

Judd has ruled out going to the Bulldogs due to Akermanis' ridiculous accusations about Michael Braun using performance enhancing drugs.

sirvo said:
2 points here.

1/. I would have been surprised if he had stayed after the appalling way West Coast have managed (or not managed) his injury this season. From what I understand it is the same sort of injury Roger James suffered at Port Adelaide. He never fully recovered and for much the same easons, IE: continued to train and play through the injury. The Club has not handled it very well at all.

It is believed that Judd wanted to keep playing despite having the groin problem. Perhaps he did it because he knew he was going to leave at the end of the Eagles season.

In my opinion though Judd shouldn't have been playing as he was simply not fit enough to play. But if the guy is willing then the club is always going to take a punt.

sirvo said:
2/. Would a club seriously give up probably it's first two draft picks for a player who has an obvious injury such as Juddy's?

Hell yes. This is Chris Judd we are talking about, arguably the best player in the competition when he is fully fit. It is expected that Judd will make a full recovery from his groin problem and it should have no impact in what a club is willing to trade in order to gain his services.

sirvo said:
West Coast must agree to any trade or lose him to the draft basically for nothing (Stevens style). What happens if West Coast can't come to an agreement? Do you think he would stay at West Coast or leave them in the lurch. He says, and many others agree, that he is an honourable man who would not do the dirty on his club. So would he stay?

I really don't know if it comes to that. He wants to go back to Melbourne but we don't know whether it is that badly that he would screw West Coast over just to go back. Another factor that would come into it would be that Richmond has the first pick in the Pre-season draft. If Judd opts for the PSD but does not want to go to Richmond, they could pick him up anyway.

I would hope that he wouldn't do such a thing. He would lose a lot of respect if that occured.

Back