Katich - Clarke Ended My Career

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyhoo, back on the topic of Clarke & Katich. ;)

'IF YOU can't get on with 'Katto', you must be an ordinary bloke. Period.'' So writes Brett Lee in his revelatory autobiography, the launch of which has come with relations between Simon Katich and Test captain Michael Clarke at an all-time low.

At the launch of My Life in Sydney yesterday, Lee said he hoped Katich, a friend, would be able to return to the Test side. He gives the discarded opener his full support
Katich received further backing from Alan Jones, the broadcaster and former Wallabies coach, who launched Lee's book. Jones applauded Katich for speaking his mind and slammed Cricket Australia, saying sporting administrators were becoming more like dictators.

He said Katich had set an example for others frustrated by a lack of answers from selectors and officials. ''They are entitled to a view,'' Jones told those at the launch at the SCG. ''That doesn't mean we have to agree with it. But we don't want to be running a sporting organisation that resembles something like a gulag.''

Clarke 329 not out. Enough said really.
Nah, enough was said two and a half months ago.

Look, Clarke hit a great innings and has captained well in this series. But what I was saying at the time, ages ago before we all got sick of this conversation, was that his sponsorship with Vodafone represents a conflict of interest for CA, the body who selects him, since they have the same sponsor. You didn't understand it then, and since you're trying to play an invalid "I told you so" card now, you're not the type to understand it now either. This has obviously stayed with you for quite some time, but please try to get over it now. I was talking about sponsorship, not runs. His 329 was great, as were the centuries hit either side of him in the batting order on that pitch on that day. But you missed my point - and you're not about to acknowledge that now, so let's just move on.

No sane person would possibly even contemplate the argument you concocted.

Anyway, this thread has gone far enough. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back